Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Few came up today but was a bit dead for a while there alright.

€190 so far this year myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got one this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Anyone know the story with Europinions.ie? I've just reached the €30 payout threshold but there's no way of claiming it! It's taken me that long to earn the €30 that I can't actually remember if I've had a previous payout or not from them. It just gives an option for "Europinions Payment" and if I click on the redeem button, it asks if I'm sure I want to redeem the €30 to 30 Europinion points? I'm pretty certain there used to be a payment through PayPal option.

I have completed a couple of surveys from them in the last month that I didn't get credited for, so I contacted them through the contact form on their website - no reply, then via e-mail - also no reply. So today I rang them and a lady took the details and said someone will get back to me. I wait with baited breath. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I stopped doing them. The last one was offering something like 40 cents for a 20 minute survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

A €5 REDC survey has just popped up. Its about car and home insurance. The bottom line is that you have had to have favourable opinions about Liberty Insurance and their sponsorship of the Camogie championships. You can generally guess the industry behind the survey when they ask you 'if you or any of your family work in the following'. Today there were three insurance related industries mentioned so that was an easy one!

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    I stopped doing them. The last one was offering something like 40 cents for a 20 minute survey.

Have not tried them, but I stopped doing MOBROG surveys for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Craicho5

Anyone get an email from " FTI Consulting" thanking them for the participation in their research?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Craicho5 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email from " FTI Consulting" thanking them for the participation in their research?
    Yep, they gave me a nice £10 Amazon voucher for free too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sugarman wrote: »
    What do people use their Userneeds points on, draws or gift vouchers?

Just been selecting to save my points the last few months and have a couple thousand sitting there now.

Gift vouchers - the higher values you hold on to them before claimng the more they're worth. Allgifts vouchers the same as Acumen so you can effectively merge them for dearer Allgifts options.

What do people use their Userneeds points on, draws or gift vouchers?

Just been selecting to save my points the last few months and have a couple thousand sitting there now.

I always go for the gift vouchers rather than lose everything in a draw,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Craicho5

Snow Crash wrote: »
    Yep, they gave me a nice £10 Amazon voucher for free too:D

Me too! I was sceptical at first as I'd never heard of them. Any idea what's it's for or who they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Craicho5 wrote: »
    Me too! I was sceptical at first as I'd never heard of them. Any idea what's it's for or who they are?
    No idea, I do so many different surveys for random survey company's it really could of been from any of them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

...thinking of giving up on this lot from all the negative posts and mediocre experience.

We've one user who posts, extensively, about bad experiences with them. Other than that nobody really does

They're the highest payers on a time to effort basis by far; they also correct issues (for everyone except that one poster it apppears) quite reliably.

The higher paying a survey site is, the more they're charging the client so they'll get less business and also get more people wanting to do the survey - this is why you get comparatively so few off Acumen and RedC.

Anyone having trouble with the €5 REDC survey they sent out today?

Series of videos, the one at 58% of the survey wont play, so cant continue.

...thinking of giving up on this lot from all the negative posts and mediocre experience.

I completed that one no problem. RedC are, without doubt,the best paying, least troublesome of all the survey companies by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I was halfway through the RED C survey on voting and the lotto, and ran into one of those "server error" pages. I tried to refresh the page, and attempted to access the survey again through the invitation email.
    Does emailing RED C about these errors work, or would I just be wasting my time? I haven't contacted them about this before, and I just want to see if anyone has had results.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I was halfway through the RED C survey on voting and the lotto, and ran into one of those "server error" pages. I tried to refresh the page, and attempted to access the survey again through the invitation email.
    Does emailing RED C about these errors work, or would I just be wasting my time? I haven't contacted them about this before, and I just want to see if anyone has had results.

Yes I have and the issue was resolved.
    I had one or two screenshots just in case and attached them to the email.
    They responded and said they had checked it out and that it was a technical error and they could see how far into the survey I was etc. etc. and I would be credited with the full amount.
    Just don't expect to be credited straight away. They did tell me I would be credited with the full amount once the survey had closed completely. I think three weeks had passed and there was nothing so I emailed them again and it was credited within a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I think I'll give this Irish opinions a miss. All they seem to want is as much personal information as possible.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    I think I'll give this Irish opinions a miss. All they seem to want is as much personal information as possible.

They get very little personal information from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Just did a strange IO survey. A lot on food sustainability, the environment etc... and then a few questions on my favourite Game of Thrones characters to finish it off? Interesting mix

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just ordered a Tesco gift card as a reward!
    It say up to six weeks do they tend to send to out fast or slow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Thanks!

My aim with these vouchers is put them on my mothers clubcard as a surprise for her in November.
    Does anybody know if Tesco allows you to top up your clubcard with a gift card or is it just cash they accept?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Conchir wrote: »
    Just did a strange IO survey. A lot on food sustainability, the environment etc... and then a few questions on my favourite Game of Thrones characters to finish it off? Interesting mix

Its not just me then! We get many surveys with different topics and I am speculating that the survey company is bundling surveys to respondents to save money.

Conchir wrote: »
    cbreeze wrote: »
    Its not just me then! We get many surveys with different topics and I am speculating that the survey company is bundling surveys to respondents to save money.

Yes, I got one of these as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Voting / Lotto survey timed out on me about half way through :( Seems to be a common issue. Must try sending an e-mail and see what happens.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Apologies if this isn't appropriate for this thread but.....

Anyone know if it's anyway possible to convert an allgifts voucher to cash? I just won a load of points having completed a survey, and there isn't a single thing I want from their site - but there is something that I'd treat myself to if I could get my hands on the cash!

Anyone ever succeeded in doing this?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Apologies if this isn't appropriate for this thread but.....

Anyone know if it's anyway possible to convert an allgifts voucher to cash? I just won a load of points having completed a survey, and there isn't a single thing I want from their site - but there is something that I'd treat myself to if I could get my hands on the cash!

Anyone ever succeeded in doing this?

Afraid not. Just Amazon, Argos, Arnotts and the dozens of other retailers on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Afraid not. Just Amazon, Argos, Arnotts and the dozens of other retailers on their site.

Except the one from whom I want to buy something!

Ah well.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Except the one from whom I want to buy something!

Ah well.

Get vouchers for where you buy your groceries and use the money saved to buy yourself something.

Advertisement