Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Get vouchers for where you buy your groceries and use the money saved to buy yourself something.

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines - except I don't really shop in Dunnes, and don't shop AT ALL in Tesco!

I'll figure something out though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I am registered with MySurvey and I get offered plenty of surveys to complete. However, I find myself avoiding them lately as they are just woeful in terms of value for time and effort.

I did one today (first in a long time) and decided to calculate how much (little) I was actually getting for my input. I worked out that it was about 63c for 25+ minutes - that's when claiming the average reward voucher of 1100 points/€10.

It's even worse for Amazon vouchers (my favourite reward) as they have an inordinate 'exchange' rate for £10 - something like 1470 points. That's about 47p for 25 minutes!

I think I'll let them go entirely now as it's just too much effort for too little reward. Anyone else still doing these? I know that RedC are top of the heap when it comes to paying (though fewer and farther between) but I think I prefer my 'free' time when it comes to a 'paid' MySurvey TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I am registered with MySurvey and I get offered plenty of surveys to complete. However, I find myself avoiding them lately as they are just woeful in terms of value for time and effort.

I did one today (first in a long time) and decided to calculate how much (little) I was actually getting for my input. I worked out that it was about 63c for 25+ minutes - that's when claiming the average reward voucher of 1100 points/€10.

It's even worse for Amazon vouchers (my favourite reward) as they have an inordinate 'exchange' rate for £10 - something like 1470 points. That's about 47p for 25 minutes!

I think I'll let them go entirely now as it's just too much effort for too little reward. Anyone else still doing these? I know that RedC are top of the heap when it comes to paying (though fewer and farther between) but I think I prefer my 'free' time when it comes to a 'paid' MySurvey TBH.
    I dropped them some years back. Woeful rewards.

€16.75 from Irish Opinions already in August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

I'm losing my nerves with MySurvey lately. 2 surveys declared to be paid 250 points if I agree to be recorded during the completion of the survey, and guess what, I've got none. After clicking submit there was popping up a technical error and I couldn't even start the survey again as it was saying the survey was already completed and their response was: " Yes, we can see there was some technical error, unfortunately you cannot be credited for this survey as our server shows it is not completed". And that's it. That is all I've got for 30 mins x2. Whenever you see this kind of survey, just avoid it, don't get tempted as it seems to be a pure scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Has anyone cashed out successfully with Europinions.ie recently?

• Advertisement

fmpisces wrote: »
    Has anyone cashed out successfully with Europinions.ie recently?

Yes,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mishonee wrote: »
    I'm losing my nerves with MySurvey lately. 2 surveys declared to be paid 250 points if I agree to be recorded during the completion of the survey, and guess what, I've got none. After clicking submit there was popping up a technical error and I couldn't even start the survey again as it was saying the survey was already completed and their response was: " Yes, we can see there was some technical error, unfortunately you cannot be credited for this survey as our server shows it is not completed". And that's it. That is all I've got for 30 mins x2. Whenever you see this kind of survey, just avoid it, don't get tempted as it seems to be a pure scam.

My account just up and disappeared one day *poof* Couldn't find a contact, but thankfully hadn't put too much blood, sweat, and tears into that site.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Yes,

Were you waiting long to be paid? I requested payment a week ago today, though there was no payment option other than "Europinion Payment" so I don't even know how/if I'm going to get paid. Have e-mailed them twice and rang them, but no reply (this is in response to not being credited for surveys I completed).

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    My account just up and disappeared one day *poof* Couldn't find a contact, but thankfully hadn't put too much blood, sweat, and tears into that site.
    Something like that happened to me and my friend with OpinionWorld. I've been a member there for quite a long time. The number of surveys they were sending was satisfying, payment also, until few months ago when I wanted to cash out my points it was blocked just to find out later my profile there was terminated because of violation of their rules. But what kind of violation, which rules I'll never find out as they have refused to give me details.
    1 month later my friend from different county experienced exactly the same. Poof, account terminated right before cashing out. And just after that, and some digging I've found out there is hundreds of ppl treated the same way by OW.
    Awful behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Craicho5

This happened to me when the updated their website design

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just a quick question does company take an money off for posting out the vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No.

I only started getting really into them in the past week or ten days.
    I got one Yesterday morning for 75c at about 7am and then nothing or is it the fact I got up to €20 that I'm being offered nothing?

I only started getting really into them in the past week or ten days.
    I got one Yesterday morning for 75c at about 7am and then nothing or is it the fact I got up to €20 that I'm being offered nothing?

You could go a week or more between surveys at times. Yesterday? Sure today's Sunday. Give them a chance. The amount you're at has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Voting / Lotto survey timed out on me about half way through :( Seems to be a common issue. Must try sending an e-mail and see what happens.

Well, that was a bust. Got the following (from Red C Live), which may be useful for others to bear in mind:
    This survey is now closed.

In future, please remember that you can log in again into a survey 20-30 minutes after you have been timed out/survey frozen/denied access momentarily and continue the survey from where you left off. Hope this helps on future surveys.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Would have been nice to have heard back while survey was still open!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

I presume they mean the size of the town/city and not the size of my house...lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chfeurgncjlcdfc/survey.jpg?dl=0

My Survey today.

mickzer wrote: »
    I presume they mean the size of the town/city and not the size of my house...lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chfeurgncjlcdfc/survey.jpg?dl=0

My Survey today.

Well, the housing crisis IS getting worse and they want to see how many will fit in yours!

Well, the housing crisis IS getting worse and they want to see how many will fit in yours!

Hahaha :pac:

I've seen this question lately, I was like, man what do you mean? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

sugarman wrote: »
    Seriously, the last 3 or 4 surveys ive had from Irish Opinions have claimed me illegible based on just my sex! :pac:

Happened twice to me last week. Quite same with REDC, the last 4-5 weeks I was screened out of all surveys, 100% :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Seriously, the last 3 or 4 surveys ive had from Irish Opinions have claimed me illegible based on just my sex! :pac:

The exact same thing has happened to me over the last few days. I've screened out of 4 surveys after choosing female :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mishonee wrote: »
    Happened twice to me last week. Quite same with REDC, the last 4-5 weeks I was screened out of all surveys, 100% :(
    Westeros wrote: »
    The exact same thing has happened to me over the last few days. I've screened out of 4 surveys after choosing female :eek::pac:

Good to hear.

Signed

Selfish Andrew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Westeros wrote: »

Just get a sex change. Problem sorted!

I don't understand the point of maintaining an up-to-date profile for surveys only to be screened out for things that are already known to them.

Did anybody else have issues with the survey about fizzy drink Today?
    I spent well over twenty minutes doing it and in the last few questions they asked me my location/employment and it ended with my age.
    I didn't get any reward!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭newdriverlad

I recently signed up to these surveys!
    My mother is now interested. Will they be any issue with two people from the same address doing them?
    One a male mid twenties and the other female mid fifties?

I recently signed up to these surveys!
    My mother is now interested. Will they be any issue with two people from the same address doing them?
    One a male mid twenties and the other female mid fifties?

You would need to contact them and get clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭newdriverlad

You would need to contact them and get clearance.

Thanks, we might give it a miss might cause hassle!

Turned down a webcam survey for €1 from IO tonight. I often sit in my nightie at the PC, either going to bed or getting up, and a webcam version of me completing a survey would need to pay a lot more than €1 to tempt me!

Anyone else feel that these type of surveys are very intrusive and a step too far?

• Advertisement

Turned down a webcam survey for €1 from IO tonight. I often sit in my nightie at the PC, either going to bed or getting up, and a webcam version of me completing a survey would need to pay a lot more than €1 to tempt me!

Anyone else feel that these type of surveys are very intrusive and a step too far?

I had one last week. It took me ages to complete because of my head moving!

Advertisement