Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Got a €3 from Red C this afternoon, completed it there not long ago and there were no issues then. Credited straight away and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

sugarman wrote: »
    REDC are beginning to piss me off something else with their flakey surveys and customer service.

I completed a survey there for 20 minutes and typed the number of occupants in my house under/over the same by accident and it screened me out because of inconsistencies:mad:

Yep I feel your pain, that's happened me before when they ask you your DOB at the beginning and then again at the end. All it was was a typo but it was too late once I'd hit the arrow....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

sugarman wrote: »
    REDC are beginning to piss me off something else with their flakey surveys and customer service.

I completed a survey there for 20 minutes and typed the number of occupants in my house under/over the same by accident and it screened me out because of inconsistencies:mad:

Very similar just happened to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I know it's very harsh, and it has happened to me, but RedC pay much better than others and expect quality answers with proper attention from the responders. A lapse of concentration is just not acceptable to them.

I know it's very harsh, and it has happened to me, but RedC pay much better than others and expect quality answers with proper attention from the responders. A lapse of concentration is just not acceptable to them.

Their surveys have frozen on me a good few time now and answers can easily get mixed up. If they want quality answer the surveys should reflect this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

The last 2 emails I've gotten from redClive have directed me to a page that says :

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'af54386900657938592a03533c34e408f2655b14.rackspaceclouddb.com' (111) in /usr/share/httpd/PopulusServer/populus-server-redirector/config/db.php on line 31
    404 - Page Not Found (#2)

Anyone no if this is my problem or there's?

Edit: I've just gone back and read the page before comments. So I just log into my account and that should fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

theniamh wrote: »
    The last 2 emails I've gotten from redClive have directed me to a page that says :

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'af54386900657938592a03533c34e408f2655b14.rackspaceclouddb.com' (111) in /usr/share/httpd/PopulusServer/populus-server-redirector/config/db.php on line 31
    404 - Page Not Found (#2)

Anyone no if this is my problem or there's?

Edit: I've just gone back and read the page before comments. So I just log into my account and that should fix?
    I logged back into mine after a few hours but still showing same message..

Something was really wrong with the REDC surveys Today. Even when you logged in things sort of went wrong!

Glad to no I'm not losing my mind, I got 3 surveys from them today, I could do one but the other 2 sent me to the error page!

theniamh wrote: »
    Glad to no I'm not losing my mind, I got 3 surveys from them today, I could do one but the other 2 sent me to the error page!

Was it the Alcohol/Bar one you qualified for? Id it was did you get the reward?

• Advertisement

Nope, it was a telecommunications one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

I was not credited yet for that one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both RedC surveys that bombed yesterday are working for me today

The last few RedC surveys I did I got paid instantly but I did one yesterday about purchasing drinks in a bar and one this afternoon on mobile/broadband and didn't get paid.
    Anybody else have this issue or do you have to wait a few day?

The last few RedC surveys I did I got paid instantly but I did one yesterday about purchasing drinks in a bar and one this afternoon on mobile/broadband and didn't get paid.
    Anybody else have this issue or do you have to wait a few day?

I haven't got paid for the bar thingy either, but according to the information on their site your reward account will only be credited with points earned on a survey once that survey is closed. This might be after as little as 1 day, or as long as 3 months, as different surveys run for different lengths of time.
    It happened to me before. The longest I've waited so far was 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mishonee wrote: »
    I haven't got paid for the bar thingy either, but according to the information on their site your reward account will only be credited with points earned on a survey once that survey is closed. This might be after as little as 1 day, or as long as 3 months, as different surveys run for different lengths of time.
    It happened to me before. The longest I've waited so far was 3 weeks.

THe bar one has come through for me, and pushed me to €50 - yippee. I was afraid that I screwed it up by hitting the wrong button down the bottom which pushed me almost back to the start, but it remembered all my answers again so I went through it really quickly. Some fairly nonsensical questions in there - detailed questions about ALL of the beers on the counter - who studies ALL the beers?

THe bar one has come through for me, and pushed me to €50 - yippee. I was afraid that I screwed it up by hitting the wrong button down the bottom which pushed me almost back to the start, but it remembered all my answers again so I went through it really quickly. Some fairly nonsensical questions in there - detailed questions about ALL of the beers on the counter - who studies ALL the beers?

I wasn't credited for that yet. But I have a set of screenshots just in case, as usual :pac:

I wasn't credited for that yet. But I have a set of screenshots just in case, as usual :pac:

Not credited either!

IReach has changed:eek:
    I've never screened out from a survey from them and doing 5 years.
    I first noticed the difference in reward. 2 points = to 1 euro which normally is 3 points =1.50.
    Now that I'm over the shock I will log in and look to see if it's a new set up:D

If the survey is short it's 2 points, happened before but rarely

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    If the survey is short it's 2 points, happened before but rarely

Yeah it was a short one, so wasn't surprised to see the 1 euro but I have never screened out of one. Checked site but no changes announced so I guess I was just unlucky this time. I was shocked though:D
    I've never done the conversations but might start to see if I can build points faster..loving it since One4all accepted in Penneys and now Penneys vouchers are available as well..

Pretty sure points for conversations are gone after much piss-taking. People posting 5 replies in a row etc

I got my first two €10 Tesco vouchers from Irish Opinions today. I'm just wondering should I have any issue spending these?
    I got an Argos voucher a few years ago and it was a lot of hassle.

I got my first two €10 Tesco vouchers from Irish Opinions today. I'm just wondering should I have any issue spending these?
    I got an Argos voucher a few years ago and it was a lot of hassle.

I've never had an issue with Tesco ones. Once I got an Argos one but when I tried to use it had zero balance. They had to send me a new one.
    Outside of that I had no issues.
    FINALLY got an ideas panel survey today. Very close to cashing out but has been quiet on invites. getting nothing at all from Acumen..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

never had any problems spending mine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you screenshot everything? That must be as much work as doing the feckin survey itself!

I was tempted to try using something like the Microsoft PSR tool to easily record each screen, but I was never really that motivated.

Do you screenshot everything? That must be as much work as doing the feckin survey itself!

I was tempted to try using something like the Microsoft PSR tool to easily record each screen, but I was never really that motivated.

I screenshot the most valuable surveys (2€+) and all surveys from REDC.
    I make 3 screenshots: at the beginning, in the middle and in the end of survey and this takes max 30 secs so it is not a hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got a One4All a few weeks ago from iReach, tried to use it and there was no balance on the card. Emailed them; prompt reply to explain the cards now have to be activated online before you can use them! Apparently they normally send a note to explain this but there was no note with mine. Heads up in case it happens to anyone here.
    Insurance survey today, asking the same question in four slightly different ways, before asking me to rate insurance companies based on how much they support me in being curious in life, or some such rot. Fml.
    Edit: Still doing insurance survey and I'm now thinking it may have been directly translated from some other language, because some of the questions make no sense at all?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

dee_mc wrote: »
    I got a One4All a few weeks ago from iReach, tried to use it and there was no balance on the card. Emailed them; prompt reply to explain the cards now have to be activated online before you can use them! Apparently they normally send a note to explain this but there was no note with mine. Heads up in case it happens to anyone here.
    Insurance survey today, asking the same question in four slightly different ways, before asking me to rate insurance companies based on how much they support me in being curious in life, or some such rot. Fml.
    Edit: Still doing insurance survey and I'm now thinking it may have been directly translated from some other language, because some of the questions make no sense at all?!

Thanks for that. I got one some time back that I planned to use next week. Checked the balance online to see NIL. Now activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Srameen, how did you activate it?! I've been trying for the last 20 minutes and admittedly I'm not at my brightest today but I just can't figure it out!

Advertisement