Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Haven't had any surveys from IO in weeks

I was the same. I sent an email and they told me my account was suspended.
    I'd say you should get in touch too

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to use an Easons.com gift code from Irish Opinions as part payment for an order on the Easons.com website?

I know before Christmas they were issues and they said it will take a good while to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bikeireland

sent email again under reactivation and got sorted and started getting surveys again

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

Does anyone know how many points you need to get before you can cash out on userneeds? And I see they're pushing the scratch cards and lottery ticket things, are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

8000 for a tenner. They effectively charge processing fees as the voucher value increases higher than the points.

Someone here did win on the scratch cards but I wouldn't bother myself

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    8000 for a tenner. They effectively charge processing fees as the voucher value increases higher than the points.

Wow thats pretty dire! Lol, I won't hold my breath on getting to a reward. So are Acumen, IO and RedC the best of them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭pgj2015

just did that really long survey on opinion world, took about 3 hours, it said your session had expired when i submitted it. has anyone had the same problem? will i get anything for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

pgj2015 wrote: »
    just did that really long survey on opinion world, took about 3 hours, it said your session had expired when i submitted it. has anyone had the same problem? will i get anything for it?

Same here. I emailed them 4 days ago without reply so far. The also only said it was worth 450 points!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Same here. I emailed them 4 days ago without reply so far. The also only said it was worth 450 points!!!

I did it with my survey and same thing. Emailed then and got a response to say I was screened out, emailed again no response so emailed a third time last night. Will let you know if I get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

anybody else get permanent barred from surveys and lose all their credit with irish opinions that happened to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

anybody else get permanent barred from surveys and lose all their credit with irish opinions that happened to me

Happened here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smartgal

happened me also. and i had 24 euro to cash in. They are a bunch of crooks . I always done my surveys with accuracy .I asked for copy of whatever reports they are wrongly claiming to have . but to no avail. their replies all seem to be just automated .

even though they dumped me i would nt catagorise them as crooks had been dealing with them for years and found them fine
    have a sneaky feeling that somethings cropped in that 19 euro one that we did
    it seemed to take them ages to process that one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭pgj2015

tringle wrote: »
    I did it with my survey and same thing. Emailed then and got a response to say I was screened out, emailed again no response so emailed a third time last night. Will let you know if I get a response.

opinion world emailed me back.

Thank you for contacting customer support.

Our records show this survey is still on field. Because the survey did not direct you back to your account properly, we must verify your participation with the client when the study is closed. If found that you did complete the survey, your account will be credited. Unfortunately, it may take up to 2-4 weeks for the survey to close which will then allow us to verify your survey status. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the mean time.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    OpinionWorld Helpdesk

smartgal wrote: »
    happened me also. and i had 24 euro to cash in. They are a bunch of crooks . I always done my surveys with accuracy .I asked for copy of whatever reports they are wrongly claiming to have . but to no avail. their replies all seem to be just automated .

Ive asked for them too under Data Protection.

They replied saying that they have 40 days to reply with them.

Our records show this survey is still on field. Because the survey did not direct you back to your account properly, we must verify your participation with the client when the study is closed. If found that you did complete the survey, your account will be credited. Unfortunately, it may take up to 2-4 weeks for the survey to close which will then allow us to verify your survey status. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with in the mean time.

Best regards,
    OpinionWorld Helpdesk

Thanks for that, everyone seems to have had problems with this one. I've had no such reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smartgal

i have been with irish opinions over 3 years and never had a problem. I would usually cash in once i hit 10euro. this is the first time I have let it go over 20 euros.
    All this crap about reports of inaccuracy and the reply re ombudsman ( who is conveniently internal !) . is making me wonder how many people are they doing this too.

I just came across the topic on boards and joined in yesterday . and I would say a very small fraction of people you do surveys actually use this forum.
    If they are doing this frequently to many it amounts to a hell of a lot of money for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

smartgal wrote: »
    i have been with irish opinions over 3 years and never had a problem. I would usually cash in once i hit 10euro. this is the first time I have let it go over 20 euros.
    All this crap about reports of inaccuracy and the reply re ombudsman ( who is conveniently internal !) . is making me wonder how many people are they doing this too.

I just came across the topic on boards and joined in yesterday . and I would say a very small fraction of people you do surveys actually use this forum.
    If they are doing this frequently to many it amounts to a hell of a lot of money for the company.

I'm with them about 8 years now, cash in once a year, for around €150, nothing major, but get vouchers for Tesco every Xmas. Never had an issue with them.

got dropped by them
    seems the problem is not with irish opinions but with the various companies they do the surveys for
    that was the gest of one of the many messages i got from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Best regards,
    OpinionWorld Helpdesk

Just got the same email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Screened out of two IO surveys today after spending 6 and then 8 minutes answering questions in each one, with no reward! :mad: If you spend ANY time providing answers there should be a commensurate reward.

I am quite sure the answers I provided will be used in some way - which is why I feel USED!

Best regards,
    OpinionWorld Helpdesk

My Survey have just emailed me confirming that the survey team has said yes I did complete and submit the survey and that my acvountbwill be credited in 7-14 days with my points.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 doligd7

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Screened out of two IO surveys today after spending 6 and then 8 minutes answering questions in each one, with no reward! :mad: If you spend ANY time providing answers there should be a commensurate reward.

I am quite sure the answers I provided will be used in some way - which is why I feel USED!

I had same yesterday, I emailed them but they did not email me back but this morning I saw the 1.5e credited to my account.
    Send them email.

My Survey have just emailed me confirming that the survey team has said yes I did complete and submit the survey and that my acvountbwill be credited in 7-14 days with my points.

I've just cashed them in straight away for Amazon codes. Then I load the codes into my amazon account straight away. Does anyone know if I get amazon prime video will they automatically take the payment from my pre loaded account or still take it from my bank card?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

doligd7 wrote: »
    I had same yesterday, I emailed them but they did not email me back but this morning I saw the 1.5e credited to my account.
    Send them email.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to complete either of the surveys. After getting about half way through the (50p and 75p) surveys, I was told that my face didn't fit and they didn't want any other responses from me.

It wasn't to do with demographics - one of the surveys related to the time of day and reasons for drinking certain beverages. So, I drink at the wrong time and/or for the wrong reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Did anyone get a survey invite a few weeks back where you'd get sent out a device that you need to connect to your modem, that tests the speed on an on-going basis over 3 years?
    I got mine and am all set up, but I've forgotten who exactly the survey was from, but I'm thinking it was Opinion World. Your account gets credited with points that equates to about €250 over the course of the 3 years........anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

fmpisces wrote: »
    Did anyone get a survey invite a few weeks back where you'd get sent out a device that you need to connect to your modem, that tests the speed on an on-going basis over 3 years?
    I got mine and am all set up, but I've forgotten who exactly the survey was from, but I'm thinking it was Opinion World. Your account gets credited with points that equates to about €250 over the course of the 3 years........anyone?
    I got my device about 3 weeks ago and like you I'm not sure which survey company issued the survey originally to me. I think it pays out €10 a month so I'll probably see next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Snow Crash wrote: »
    I got my device about 3 weeks ago and like you I'm not sure which survey company issued the survey originally to me. I think it pays out €10 a month so I'll probably see next week.

Yeah it's €10 upon connection, €8 per quarter after completing the relevant survey and a final €20 after having returned the device at the end of the 3 year period. So in actual fact it only adds up to €125. I'll let you know when I get anything.

I've just cashed them in straight away for Amazon codes. Then I load the codes into my amazon account straight away. Does anyone know if I get amazon prime video will they automatically take the payment from my pre loaded account or still take it from my bank card?

Amazon prime is a good idea, I thought the amazon gift card would be awesome but everything i've looked at so far has had ridiculous p+p. It seemed like it had so much potential, guess the answer is to think outside the box

• Advertisement

Tikithing wrote: »
    Amazon prime is a good idea, I thought the amazon gift card would be awesome but everything i've looked at so far has had ridiculous p+p. It seemed like it had so much potential, guess the answer is to think outside the box

If I spend over £20 and it includes books then postage is free. You have to click this as a postage option..

Advertisement