Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

just wondering if everyone that got dumped by irish opinions was owed much credit
    i was owed 80euros

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had no e-mails of Mobrog for weeks but I got one Today and I had tons of surveys of them when I logged into the account.

just wondering if everyone that got dumped by irish opinions was owed much credit
    i was owed 80euros

I'd always cash in my creditse once I reached enough for a voucher so I'd only €2.80 in mine.

I'd be fuming if I'd been stung for €80

What have they said when you went looking for it?

I've to allow them 40 days for my Data information request. I'm not letting it go on principle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

As I pressed redeem on OpinionWorld today for an Amazon voucher i was redirected to the terms and conditions page. Thought I hit the wrong button somehow so I went back and then tried to log in and it told me my account had been terminated for violation of T's & C's!

Ridiculous. Have emailed them asking what it is I'm supposed to have violated but I'm fairly annoyed as I was redeeming the voucher to add to my Amazon account so I would have enough to order something for Prime delivery for tomorrow.

Anyone else had this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

malcy wrote: »
    As I pressed redeem on OpinionWorld today for an Amazon voucher i was redirected to the terms and conditions page. Thought I hit the wrong button somehow so I went back and then tried to log in and it told me my account had been terminated for violation of T's & C's!

Ridiculous. Have emailed them asking what it is I'm supposed to have violated but I'm fairly annoyed as I was redeeming the voucher to add to my Amazon account so I would have enough to order something for Prime delivery for tomorrow.

Anyone else had this problem?

Yep, had this before. Took them a few days to fix it, they claimed I had logged in from another country and it was a security precaution. In reality it was their system screwing up. From what I remember a few others had the same issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jpwkvl

Cr8or wrote: »
    I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

My balance is & has been more than €10 for a long time & ive NEVER been sent a gift voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jpwkvl wrote: »
    My balance is & has been more than €10 for a long time & ive NEVER been sent a gift voucher.

I'm confused! Did you look to redeem your balance for any of the payment options? Is this with Irish Opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just spotted that Opinionworld have been up to some mischief; maybe unintentionally.

The issue with the 3 hour survey (3 1 hr parts) that Irishopinions had was repeated with them. They since reissued part of the survey to me at a smaller reward offer; when queried, I got an apology. Odd thing was when I clicked on the link, I was told I already completed it.

Now my survey history shows nothing on earlier survey, but has a DNF on repeat - the same project code is given. Support worse than IO.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Anastasia_

Does anyone know how to pay with easons gift codes? I got the €10 one and what I'm trying to order is €11.99, it keeps telling me that there is insufficient funds so it just refuses to apply it. Cant see any way of contacting them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to pay with easons gift codes? I got the €10 one and what I'm trying to order is €11.99, it keeps telling me that there is insufficient funds so it just refuses to apply it. Cant see any way of contacting them
    You can only use gift cards on the Easons website for items less than the value of the gift card. Alternatively, you can pay in full with a credit/debit card email them with your gift code and they'll refund you the value of the gift code. You can also email Easons and they'll send you out a gift card for use in-store instead of the online one.

They are in the process of updating their website but don't yet know when you will be able to use gift cards for part payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anastasia_ wrote: »

I was all set at the start of November to buy stuff with the voucher codes they sent me. It was going on with a while then as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Have been sent MOBROG surveys every day for the past month or so and I get screened out of every single one :( I used to get accepted for the odd one here and there, anyone else been having trouble with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good bit of RedC action over the last little while. I assume it's going to go quiet again for a bit...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Bilboss wrote: »
    Have been sent MOBROG surveys every day for the past month or so and I get screened out of every single one :( I used to get accepted for the odd one here and there, anyone else been having trouble with them??

Yep that happened me too and ordinarily I wouldn't mind but I hadn't heard from them in weeks! Got two invites from them today and qualified for/completed both.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Good bit of RedC action over the last little while. I assume it's going to go quiet again for a bit...

Was really quiet for me lately then I got a €5 one the other day but didn't qualify for it! Grr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

I've been getting an okay amount of surveys from IO recently, usually 1-3 every second day but I've been screened out of all of them. I haven't been able to complete one since the 8th. Does that sound weird? before that I screened out regularly, but the majority I was able to complete. I only signed up in January, so im not sure if somethings off or I was just lucky before...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

what are the best sites to use in ireland lads? lots of surveys etc? currently using swagbugs and irish opinions but not getting many surveys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭pgj2015

redclive

acumenpanel

mysurvey

opinion world

ask me pay me

mobrog

apino

looks like opinion world credited my account with 1500 points, for that 1 hour survey i did a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

pgj2015 wrote: »
    redclive

looks like opinion world credited my account with 1500 points, for that 1 hour survey i did a few weeks ago.

This is the same survey that IO paid €19 for, eventually. Shocking greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I got a survey from Ideas Panel today about how satisfied I am with their site/survey rate etc...when they read my responses I'm not too hopeful of receiving too many more from them:pac:
    On a lighter and brighter note.I've been wanting a tablet for a while now. Set my sights on the Samsung Tab A 10 in. Was retailing most places for 259 euro. Euronics had it for 219 today. Had 160 euro in One 4 All from doing surveys so just had to add 59 euro and I have my tablet!!! Like Christmas day for me here:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I swear RedC know when i’m on holidays :-( Got 4 in the last few days totalling about €19 and i cant do them on they’ll lock my account for doing surveys abroad(happened once before). Raging as i’m at €42

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

what are the best sites to use in ireland lads? lots of surveys etc? currently using swagbugs and irish opinions but not getting many surveys

PM me if you want details on more of these...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Tikithing wrote: »
    I've been getting an okay amount of surveys from IO recently, usually 1-3 every second day but I've been screened out of all of them. I haven't been able to complete one since the 8th. Does that sound weird? before that I screened out regularly, but the majority I was able to complete. I only signed up in January, so im not sure if somethings off or I was just lucky before...

Try logging into their site and using the "take a survey" buton on your dashboard. I find that I don't qualify for most of the invitations I get, so they're probably sending them just to get their members to access the main site in the first place...

After telling me they were very sorry for my account being closed due to a 'server upgrade that had affected our systems', i got this email from OpinionWorld today after emailing them to ask why they still hadn't reactivated my account.
    [font=Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We thank you for your patience with us and apologize for the inconvenience caused.[/font]

[font=Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]After a thorough review of your account, our Accounts Department has determined that the activity on your account has violated our terms and conditions. Unfortunately, accounts that violate our terms and conditions can no longer be restored. Our Accounts Department has made the final decision to permanently deactivate your membership along with your account balance.[/font]

[font=Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We value our members as well as our clients who make important decisions based on input from the responses our members provide.  [/font]

[font=Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions under  (Unauthorized Uses) and  (Suspension; Termination; De-activation of Panel Membership Accounts).[/font]

Very vague reply after saying please wait 2-3 days to give us time to reactivate the account for you. I have told them i expect an proper explanation rather than going over the T's & C's again and randomly guessing which one i am supposed to have violated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eire24

I have been paid by them but it takes a long time to reach th 10 euro...gonna stop with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Naid23 wrote: »
    I swear RedC know when i’m on holidays :-( Got 4 in the last few days totalling about €19 and i cant do them on they’ll lock my account for doing surveys abroad(happened once before). Raging as i’m at €42

i signed up with RedC, how do you take surveys? cant see any tab to do so

i signed up with RedC, how do you take surveys? cant see any tab to do so

Just gotta wait for them to send out survey invites through email :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Very vague reply after saying please wait 2-3 days to give us time to reactivate the account for you. I have told them i expect an proper explanation rather than going over the T's & C's again and randomly guessing which one i am supposed to have violated.

I.wonder how you can violate the T&Cs. What did you do, say this beer is your favourite when actually you prefer cider. Or your fav colour is blue when you really prefer red???
    Will be interesting to see if they reply to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,976 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You could submit a Data Protection request for a copy of any data they have on you. It won't make for a great relationship, but maybe you're past caring about that anyway.

Advertisement