Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 doligd7

malcy wrote: »
    Very vague reply after saying please wait 2-3 days to give us time to reactivate the account for you. I have told them i expect an proper explanation rather than going over the T's & C's again and randomly guessing which one i am supposed to have violated.

it happened to me, when i asked them for explanation where did i "lied" to them i received same words from them

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

anybody able to tell me about userneeds
    is it any good or worthwhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

anybody able to tell me about userneeds
    is it any good or worthwhile

They only do one4all cards and the surveys don't pay much. Can be slow.

tks for the info srameen
    got dumped from irish opinions they used to pay fairly well

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Userneeds do allgifts the same as Acumen. They encourage keeping the points in as the rewards get cheaper the higher they are

• Advertisement

My apologies, yes it's Allgifts as opposed to One4all.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

malcy wrote: »
    Very vague reply after saying please wait 2-3 days to give us time to reactivate the account for you. I have told them i expect an proper explanation rather than going over the T's & C's again and randomly guessing which one i am supposed to have violated.
    You could submit a Data Protection request for a copy of any data they have on you. It won't make for a great relationship, but maybe you're past caring about that anyway.
    Thanks, might try that. Yeah i'm done with them after this. Still no reply either but will just keep bombarding them with emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

Try logging into their site and using the "take a survey" buton on your dashboard. I find that I don't qualify for most of the invitations I get, so they're probably sending them just to get their members to access the main site in the first place...

I was answering their emails and going on the site, it was weird but seems to have resolved itself. Seemed kinda like a soft ban or something... but i've been able to complete the majority of the surveys available since then so at least its over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 greencoconut

what are the best sites to use in ireland lads? lots of surveys etc? currently using swagbugs and irish opinions but not getting many surveys
    I use Swagbucks too. Swagbucks is better than most other sites because you can earn points doing many things including surveys, playing games, watching videos, searching the internet or buying things you will already buy from well-known sites through their link. If you spend about 10mins a day on Swagbucks, you should earn about €10-30 a month. Not much, just pocket money really.
    You can also try The Insiders WOM. They don't give money away but they give away products for free/or discounts in exchange for your review. From a box of wine, pampers, phones to laptops etc They are global word of mouth network, but they are coming to Ireland soon, so check their Ireland site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Swagbucks is handy can leave videos playing the in the background and can earn from your referrals too

• Advertisement

anybody getting surveys from red c i have nt had one in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ladybird37

Same & I'm on 49 points so it's very annoying!

A few but not many. Got the email confirming the cheque is on it's way this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have got a few since January but I changed age categories which might have had an impact. The strangest thing is tough I get them at odd times now such as weekends and late in the evening before it used always be early early morning/afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

A few but not many. Got the email confirming the cheque is on it's way this morning.
    Got the email 're cheque today too and then got a 2 euro survey this evening. I find it's feast then famine from them but all evens out in the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Finally got paid my €19 from IO for that looooooong survey
    Quite surprised that I actually got payment as judging by their emails it didn't look too promising

they will pay it alright but someone goes through it forensically and you may find yourself dropped from the panel like a lot of us were
    my advice is cash in immediately or you will lose it if you get dropped

they will pay it alright but someone goes through it forensically and you may find yourself dropped from the panel like a lot of us were
    my advice is cash in immediately or you will lose it if you get dropped

ya cashed out straight away, I used to let all the sites build up until october/november and cash out for christmas. But have heard a lot of bad stories lately so cash everything out the second it hit the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

sugarman wrote: »
    Was saving up Tesco Vouchers to buy something that they now no longer stock and have a heap of them :(

Did I read here before they can load them all onto one card? As in 10 x €10 vouchers for a single €100?

At least that way I can maybe give it as a gift.

Is the item in any other stores?

It depends on the staff member you meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Yeah - buy a gift card with them - available in all stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Unfortunately not, they've discontinued them altogether. Tried several places and all gave the same answer. Mind you they were everywhere for months!

I'll ask in store sure, half know a few staff in the local one.

Cant buy gift cards with gift cards, or so I was told when I emailed them anyway.

Have you? Or anyone else on here? Never tried, just took their word on it.

I've bought giftcards numerous times with the tesco cards. Never had a problem with it.

anyone of the longtermed who got dumped manage to find out exactly why as i m in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Cant buy gift cards with gift cards, or so I was told when I emailed them anyway.

I've done it every Christmas; in both Jervis and Parnell Street.

anyone of the longtermed who got dumped manage to find out exactly why as i m in the same boat

Nope
    Sent in a data request and they replied 40 days later with the basic details that I registered with. Name age occupation address etc

When I requested the information on the "reports" that had been made about me they said that they had furnished all data that they had on me already.

I'm sending it on to the Data Commissioner to take it up out of principle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

I just noticed I haven't had a survey from acumen for ages, are they going through a dry spell or is it worth emailing them?

Tikithing wrote: »
    I just noticed I haven't had a survey from acumen for ages, are they going through a dry spell or is it worth emailing them?

Had one on 11th April but didn't qualify. Very slow lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Tikithing wrote: »
    I got one today, the last one I got was the end of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Acumen had a recruitment campaign a few months ago in an attempt to sign up new members. I saw them advertising on bus shelters around Dublin.

But like the rest of you, I have only had a trickle of surveys since then. Not sure if they are directing all their attention to the newbies or if their surveys have just dried up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I've had very little from Acumen since I started. Never eligible for opinion world and the odd one from Irish opinions.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not, they've discontinued them altogether. Tried several places and all gave the same answer. Mind you they were everywhere for months!

I'll ask in store sure, half know a few staff in the local one.

I have done this loads of times. Had some tesco vouchers left over come christmas so i bought a €50 voucher for wallis as a gift for somebody

Advertisement