Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,976 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did anyone else get the invite to a further Red C panel? I wasn't 100% sure about it, but I progressed through the form, and got screened out.
    Hi!

As a member of RED C Live, we in RED C rely on you to tell us and our clients what you think and we value your contribution. One of our clients is currently recruiting for a new short term online community separate to RED C Live and we’d like to invite you to take part. This community will last for about 6 months and as a member, you will be invited to take part in two or three studies per month. By signing up, you will be under no obligation to actively participate, but you will be entered into a prize draw for a €500 prepaid Mastercard. For each study you do actually participate in as part of this community, you will earn points and through the build-up of these points will be in with a chance to get further prizes including cinema tickets, shopping vouchers and gift cards. As a member of this new community, you will have the opportunity to share your opinions with our client and directly influence the products, decisions and direction they take. What do you need to take part?

1) To complete the short survey attached to make sure you "fit the bill" of who we are looking for.

2) Not be camera shy! We may need you to send through some short video pieces/share images throughout the community.

3) Be open and creative! We are looking for people who are happy to express their opinions and share their points of view. You can do this by getting involved in discussion boards and by leaving additional commentary, when prompted.

Does this sound like something that you would like to be part of, if so just click below and we will get started.
    Please select one only

Yes, I'd love to take part

No, it's not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did anyone else get the invite to a further Red C panel? I wasn't 100% sure about it, but I progressed through the form, and got screened out.

Got screened out also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Got screened out also!

Me too, not bothered TBH wasn't sure about it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

I've managed to complete the form and received an information that I'll be contacted with further details in few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think redc knows when I'm not free to take surveys. Quite a few emails the last couple of days! Hope ye're having more luck!

🤪

• Advertisement

Does anybody here do the GFK media surveys?
    They haven't done the prize draws for January or February yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They did do the January one. They are "working on" the other draws, according to Rita.
    Updates and notifications to current balance are becoming less frequent - wait almost a month for update to previous month, etc.

I'm seriously thinking of pulling the plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They did do the January one. They are "working on" the other draws, according to Rita.
    Updates and notifications to current balance are becoming less frequent - wait almost a month for update to previous month, etc.

I'm seriously thinking of pulling the plug.

I just feel the effort isn't worth it with them any more. The surveys are pure boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Cr8or wrote: »
    I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

I just signed up with them, and when I had completed, they told me they had enough, after wasting my time

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

used to find i got 6 or 8 surveys per week totaling about 10 euro per week and were pretty good to pay
    they recently dumped me leaving me out of pocket for over 80 euro in credits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

Whats the deal with acumen? I went to redeem a reward so it said that my 1000 points were pending, been pending for a few days now. It just seems a bit drawn out, IO give you the gift voucher almost instantly. Am I right in thinking that they're going to give me a voucher for allgifts and then im to use that voucher to get an actual voucher?

Tikithing wrote: »
    Whats the deal with acumen? I went to redeem a reward so it said that my 1000 points were pending, been pending for a few days now. It just seems a bit drawn out, IO give you the gift voucher almost instantly. Am I right in thinking that they're going to give me a voucher for allgifts and then im to use that voucher to get an actual voucher?

It can take them a week at times. Yes, a voucher for Allgifts to then buy a voucher. It's a bit tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bikeireland

I thought I had been dumped by IO, but when I went into reactivate my account they did so and I was able to access my 60€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Completed a survey this morning on opinionworld; subsequently I had enough credit to cash out for an amazon e-voucher. Upon selecting the voucher, the site re-directed to the opinionworld T&Cs' and the following message appeared:
    Your membership has been terminated as a result of the violation of the OpinionWorld Terms & Conditions. For questions, please, contact helpdesk@opinionworld.co.uk

Very annoyed tbh. I sent them an email requesting evidence of how I violated their terms and conditions..... and requested a Data Protection request for any data that their company has with regards to my personal information

Very annoyed/ disappointed :confused::(

anybody get a long survey from opinionword that looked suspiciously like the 19euro one that irish opinion had a few weeks back
    took ages to do

anybody get a long survey from opinionword that looked suspiciously like the 19euro one that irish opinion had a few weeks back
    took ages to do

Weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That survey is run frequently enough however I'd only ever do it through the same survey firm as they are tracking responses over time. Do it with different survey firms and you could easily find both accounts get blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭pgj2015

was Toluna not 60,000 points to claim 15 euro? its 65,000 points now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

pgj2015 wrote: »
    was Toluna not 60,000 points to claim 15 euro? its 65,000 points now.

Yep they increased it a few weeks ago, something to do with PayPal charging them higher transaction fees. Ridiculous if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Bilboss wrote: »
    Yep they increased it a few weeks ago, something to do with PayPal charging them higher transaction fees. Ridiculous if you ask me.

its a hard earned 15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Bilboss wrote: »

ah flip, was nearly there and all

Did anyone else get the Red C fiver one, with the maths quiz at the end? WTF? Are they trying to assess how smart you are so they can judge your answers accordingly?

Did anyone else get the Red C fiver one, with the maths quiz at the end? WTF? Are they trying to assess how smart you are so they can judge your answers accordingly?

I did before. It was an nightmare. I felt more pressure than doing my living cert. I was afraid I'd be screened out if I got an answer wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I did before. It was an nightmare. I felt more pressure than doing my living cert. I was afraid I'd be screened out if I got an answer wrong.

I don't like the sound of that, I break into a cold sweat trying to remember how many people over and under 18 live in my household. Every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Skid X wrote: »

I don't like the sound of that, I break into a cold sweat trying to remember how many people over and under 18 live in my household. Every single time.
    Lol..i failed on that one back when I started and I still pay so much extra attention when answering it..

anybody know how much the points on opinionworld are worth

1000 points = €10

585 for Amazon £5

jluv wrote: »
    Lol..i failed on that one back when I started and I still pay so much extra attention when answering it..

Everyone fails that once.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

100 points = €1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

Is opinionworld good?

Advertisement