Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Tried to print off 2 e codes to Penneys vouchers from IO. Error code. Got them resent. Still cant print. tried.to claim 2 more Vouchers from IO. Another error code. Have e mailed them...Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I'm having a great run on redc had loads just got the €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i got the same email today, i never entered false information either, must have been with them around 6 years id say, its a lesson not to build up your credit on these sites, i only had 2 euro on my irish opinions account so, not too bothered about it all, they had boring enough surveys anyway, i find ireach have the most interesting surveys.

Got the same one aswel today. Total nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Does anyone here have any experience with My Opinion Matters? Just wondering how long does it take for the rewards to arrive and are they physical gift cards or e gift cards? Also they don't seem to reply to queries at all, so I'm just wondering how others get on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

20 minute survey on mobile phones from irish opinions, got halfway through only to be told they have enough people thanks
    Bloody annoying

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

since I hit the 50 points on redc 15 days ago just got one survey since and got the boot from it .... io still getting 2 day but find the gift cards are are very slow coming compared to a few months ago

Red c is painfully slow at giving me surveys
    Irish opinions so far is the best and the cards arrive in about a week, I’m getting tesco ones it won’t allow me to get penny’s ones for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i got the same email today, i never entered false information either, must have been with them around 6 years id say, its a lesson not to build up your credit on these sites, i only had 2 euro on my irish opinions account so, not too bothered about it all, they had boring enough surveys anyway, i find ireach have the most interesting surveys.

Got screwed by IO too.36.50 down the swanee.Been with them over 5yrs no problem.Suddently got dumped for "non attentiveness".A dic"head called Kai said I had "inconsistences" in my replies and was being shut down.Rubbish as I answered all surveys truthfully.Sent many e mails stating my case but got no reply.Checked on line and many people in same boat.Not good reviews for IO overall.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Red c is painfully slow at giving me surveys
    Irish opinions so far is the best and the cards arrive in about a week, I’m getting tesco ones it won’t allow me to get penny’s ones for some reason

Enjoy IO while it lasts.They will dump you when it suits them.Dont allow your credit to build up,like me.Claim reward when you get to 10.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Enjoy IO while it lasts.They will dump you when it suits them.Dont allow your credit to build up,like me.Claim reward when you get to 10.

i always cash in when i get to a tenner, the cards can build up in my wallet
    will you join again under a new email ?

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    Waiting nearly 3 weeks for the issue with my IO account to be sorted. Still nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

You're on the hit list with IO.Be ready for an E mail quoting "inconsistinces/non attention in your replies.many of us IO members have had a similar experience of late.And funds accrued are gone.Just be ready for it.:

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i always cash in when i get to a tenner, the cards can build up in my wallet
    will you join again under a new email ?

NO.They can feck off.They robbed 36.50 from me a member for over 5 years and accused me of non attentiveness and inconsistances.Bugger them,ther'e doing this to loads of people in the last year.

It seems I may be part of your group too! I was waiting till i had 50 euro as there was something particular I wanted to buy. But for the past week I'm getting Error code QSB0303-17. Have e mailed 3 times but only getting the auto respose on reward redemption. No invites or surveys on dashboard but all was well till just over a week ago. I went through this around Xmas or start of New year I think and my response was they were conducting routine security reviews and my account was eventually reinstated. Hopefully the same happens this time but it's still annoying as I really wanted to use them this week:(

jluv wrote: »
    It seems I may be part of your group too! I was waiting till i had 50 euro as there was something particular I wanted to buy. But for the past week I'm getting Error code QSB0303-17. Have e mailed 3 times but only getting the auto respose on reward redemption. No invites or surveys on dashboard but all was well till just over a week ago. I went through this around Xmas or start of New year I think and my response was they were conducting routine security reviews and my account was eventually reinstated. Hopefully the same happens this time but it's still annoying as I really wanted to use them this week:(
    Be ready for cancellation of your account.These signes are ominous and so familiar.

Be ready for cancellation of your account.These signes are ominous and so familiar.

I'd been quite patient in my reporting of it but just sent a more explanation requested email just now...guess we'll find out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭pgj2015

anyone having problems logging in to my survey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I have been for well over a month;no surveys were available - a "no entry" sign was present when I logged on. I gave up on it when they emailed me back and said there was nothing wrong and I should just log in from one PC.

Just tried now and password invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Had a few e-mails from RedC the last couple of days, decent money on them. Unable to do any of them though :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

red c seem to be more professional than the others even though it does nt allow you to do many surveys

• Advertisement

red c seem to be more professional than the others even though it does nt allow you to do many surveys

They pay better money for the use of your time I find but surveys are very rare

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Anybody had problem with my survey.ie I can't log in said I have invalid email address or password but I've changed nothing

I have been for well over a month;no surveys were available - a "no entry" sign was present when I logged on. I gave up on it when they emailed me back and said there was nothing wrong and I should just log in from one PC.

Another scam.I'm getting the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Just tried signing in to MySurvey yesterday evening for the first time in a month or two and got the very same message. Changed nothing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Also been having problems with MySurvey the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

NO.They can feck off.They robbed 36.50 from me a member for over 5 years and accused me of non attentiveness and inconsistances.Bugger them,ther'e doing this to loads of people in the last year.

Hi - I got the same email last night at 10pm. I've been a member for almost 10 years. I don't think you could open up another account from a different email address, because, if you were getting the vouchers by post, they would still have your postal address on file. And feck it, I aint paying to open up a PO box!! There is always the electronic vouchers, but I tried them a few years ago and they were a disaster. Unless they improved them - does anyone know anything about them please?

The second thing I wanted to approach is this ; so many people here have been dumped unfairly by IO, after years. Is there really so little we can do about this? I for one am going to request and demand any info this company has on me from the Data Commissioner. I also notice that IO is a UK based company - I am also going to speak to UK Consumer affairs and their Data Protection organisation about this. Surely if these companies are making these allegations, about, in essence, our honesty - then they have to be able to back up these accusations? Maybe if several of us also emailed say, Joe Duffy and complained?? I just think we need to make a bit more of a fuss, or they will just walk over us.

I do wonder if a lot to do with me being dumped is my age - I turned 45 a few months ago - and at the time, I did wonder if I would get a lot less surveys, having moved into a different age bracket. Has anyone else any experience of that? Good luck to IO finding panellists that will be as honest and attentive as I have been when answering surveys is all I can say - serves them right if the teenyboppers and 20 somethings they so obviously want so badly just tick any old box on the surveys and give rubbish answers - would serve IO right!! Quite honestly I've gone too old to bother my head lying on a survey and trying to remember a lie for the sake of a 30min survey that pays maybe 50c!!

At least, thank God, I always cashed out when I hit the 10 euro mark, so I'm not too much out of pocket- 4 euros is my current balance on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You won't be got rid of over age; you may become less of interest to the survey companies - however, fewer older people do the surveys in the first place and they do have quotas to fill. Female 25-44 would be the quickest to fill; male over 60 probably the slowest.

The #1 reason for getting kicked off sites is doing the same survey on multiple providers (and being accurate enough that they can be certain it is the same person). The person paying for the survey will refuse to pay for the second submission, site you did it from gets rid of you. Huge risk in using the bargain bucket sites is you end up doing a survey for 50c, then do it again for a fiver on a better site and find you're now banned from the better one.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

blue you make a good point
    could it be just a coincidence they dumped me the minute i turned 65
    was left with over 80 in my account
    very annoyed with their false accusations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

blue you make a good point
    could it be just a coincidence they dumped me the minute i turned 65
    was left with over 80 in my account
    very annoyed with their false accusations

Age is not a factor; I'm in my 70s and get plenty.

More likely to be from doing surveys on multiple sites.

• Advertisement

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Hi - I got the same email last night at 10pm. I've been a member for almost 10 years. I don't think you could open up another account from a different email address, because, if you were getting the vouchers by post, they would still have your postal address on file. And feck it, I aint paying to open up a PO box!! There is always the electronic vouchers, but I tried them a few years ago and they were a disaster. Unless they improved them - does anyone know anything about them please?

The second thing I wanted to approach is this ; so many people here have been dumped unfairly by IO, after years. Is there really so little we can do about this? I for one am going to request and demand any info this company has on me from the Data Commissioner. I also notice that IO is a UK based company - I am also going to speak to UK Consumer affairs and their Data Protection organisation about this. Surely if these companies are making these allegations, about, in essence, our honesty - then they have to be able to back up these accusations? Maybe if several of us also emailed say, Joe Duffy and complained?? I just think we need to make a bit more of a fuss, or they will just walk over us.

I do wonder if a lot to do with me being dumped is my age - I turned 45 a few months ago - and at the time, I did wonder if I would get a lot less surveys, having moved into a different age bracket. Has anyone else any experience of that? Good luck to IO finding panellists that will be as honest and attentive as I have been when answering surveys is all I can say - serves them right if the teenyboppers and 20 somethings they so obviously want so badly just tick any old box on the surveys and give rubbish answers - would serve IO right!! Quite honestly I've gone too old to bother my head lying on a survey and trying to remember a lie for the sake of a 30min survey that pays maybe 50c!!

At least, thank God, I always cashed out when I hit the 10 euro mark, so I'm not too much out of pocket- 4 euros is my current balance on there.

That age thing you mentioned is strange indeed.I have just turned 60 and been dumped after 5/6 years and like you never lied on a survey.I lost €36 which I was trying to get to €40.They have a bloody cheek saying "my inconsisencies and lack of attentioness"was their reason for suspending my account.I e mailed a few times about my €36 but got no answer.I hope you go after these robbing chancers.

Advertisement