Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

Hi I'm only registered with IO. Its also happened to a LOT of ppl. Other forums also full of almost identical complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Age is not a factor; I'm in my 70s and get plenty.

More likely to be from doing surveys on multiple sites.
    What's the problem with that.Just because you're on IO surely can't mean that they own you and you are not allowed to join other sites?

I think we ALL need to complain to data commissioner here and in UK and also to Consumer Affairs in UK. Also email ol Joe Duffy ya never know u cud end up on Liveline haha!! Joe wud take tae with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

L1011 wrote: »
    You won't be got rid of over age; you may become less of interest to the survey companies - however, fewer older people do the surveys in the first place and they do have quotas to fill. Female 25-44 would be the quickest to fill; male over 60 probably the slowest.

The #1 reason for getting kicked off sites is doing the same survey on multiple providers (and being accurate enough that they can be certain it is the same person). The person paying for the survey will refuse to pay for the second submission, site you did it from gets rid of you. Huge risk in using the bargain bucket sites is you end up doing a survey for 50c, then do it again for a fiver on a better site and find you're now banned from the better one.

So what’s the best survey sites to use, I joined a few but only seem to be getting surveys from irish opinions and red c ?

This is the company the rewards are posted from when I claim on irish opinions

https://www.researchnow.com

11 million panelist’s I don’t think they are kicking people for fun, more than likely a computer algorithm filtering people doing the same survey numerous times, when I spot the same survey come up again I ditch it just in case

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bmc58 wrote: »
    What's the problem with that.Just because you're on IO surely can't mean that they own you and you are not allowed to join other sites?

You aren't allowed do the same surveys multiple times.

• Advertisement

But I'm onlr registered with IO so it's imposdible for me to do the same survey elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Just to mention that I had the same issue last Christmas which was resolved to my satisfaction. I did get the payments due to me and have had no issues since.
    At the time I sent them a mail in which i said I was going to delete my account with them to which they replied that they would be disappointed if I did that.
    I've remained with them and so far so good. Touch wood.

I don't understand them saying that. Sure if they have suspended the account, won't reply to emails (as I fully expect that my email I will be sending on Monday won't be answered - like many others who have been ignored). Then why would they be 'dissapointed' if I threathened to delete my account?? After all they've effectively closed it, without giving me any right of reply or avenue to defend myself. Indeed in chats with their reps online, when I've repeatedly asked what the account issue was, they said it was a problem with their systems. Then, last night the email full of accusations. They're just liars.

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    I don't understand them saying that. Sure if they have suspended the account, won't reply to emails (as I fully expect that my email I will be sending on Monday won't be answered - like many others who have been ignored). Then why would they be 'dissapointed' if I threathened to delete my account?? After all they've effectively closed it, without giving me any right of reply or avenue to defend myself. Indeed in chats with their reps online, when I've repeatedly asked what the account issue was, they said it was a problem with their systems. Then, last night the email full of accusations. They're just liars.

These things take time considering they have 11million members worldwide
    Best to forget it and move on rather than get so annoyed
    Plenty of other companies out there that will pay for your opinions

I got this from opinion world a while back

Your membership has been terminated as a result of the violation of the OpinionWorld Terms & Conditions. For questions, please, contact helpdesk@opinionworld.co.uk

I emailed them and they said it was a mistake and would be resolved soon
    Heard nothing since
    F*** em if they don’t want me as a member I will go else where lol

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    These things take time considering they have 11million members worldwide
    Best to forget it and move on rather than get so annoyed
    Plenty of other companies out there that will pay for your opinions

They knew quite well all along what they were doing - I have no doubt about that. Don't worry I won't raise ny blood pressure over it LOL!! Just, like most people I don't like being played and called a liar by them after doing nothing wrong. Don't think I'll bother with other companies TBH more hassle than its worth. Some of them u need a crazy amount of points to get anywhere.

Red c pay €50 cheque
    Opinion world €10 vouchers which isn’t too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Like fuzzy clam I had the same issue at Christmas but it was resolved when I emailed them. This time though it's been 2 weeks,several emails,chat with rep online and nothing but an automated response which solves nothing. I have 30 euro sitting unclaimed. I'm disappointed with IO to be honest. While I am on a few panels I try not to take the same survey through different sites. For instance sometimes on Red c I might get a survey which is obviously a MySurvey survey so i won't do it as i feel i will get it on MySurvey later. I'm having issues with their logon now too and about 2000 pts on that. I'm really hoping these are system issues but beginning to feel doubtful. I'm going to sit it out for another week but if nothing is resolved then I am all for highlighting it somewhere. I don't feel I was untruthful and feel I earned whatever rewards I have there. Age demographic of 45-54 here..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Age is not a factor; I'm in my 70s and get plenty.

More likely to be from doing surveys on multiple sites.

Hi Finley Tiny Fir. From some of your other posts I think you use a few sites. how do you manage surveys? As in do opt not to do certain ones? I thought I was fairly careful and honest but obviously not! The only one I feel I may have completed on more than one site is a one on beers and lately any time I've seen it come up I haven't done it as I'm sick of it TBH:P It may be too late for advice for me in regards to IO but might be good for others. Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jluv wrote: »
    Hi Srameen. From some of your other posts I think you use a few sites. how do you manage surveys? As in do opt not to do certain ones? I thought I was fairly careful and honest but obviously not! The only one I feel I may have completed on more than one site is a one on beers and lately any time I've seen it come up I haven't done it as I'm sick of it TBH:P It may be too late for advice for me in regards to IO but might be good for others. Thanks..

One obvious tip is to only complete Cint surveys on one platform.

Bilboss wrote: »
    Also been having problems with MySurvey the last few days
    Me too,can't log in."Invalid Password/e mail" message.Funny been using same one for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭pgj2015

whatever about IO dumping people from their panel, I think it is very wrong of them to withhold the credit people have earned, it is like an employer sacking you at the end of the week and refusing to pay you for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

pgj2015 wrote: »
    whatever about IO dumping people from their panel, I think it is very wrong of them to withhold the credit people have earned, it is like an employer sacking you at the end of the week and refusing to pay you for that week.

Another good reason to cash out early and often

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I cash out every time I reach ten euro and then can let them build up at home for when I want something in particular. It's very unfair that they keep what you've rightfully earned, sounds very suspect to me.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I cash out every time I reach ten euro and then can let them build up at home for when I want something in particular. It's very unfair that they keep what you've rightfully earned, sounds very suspect to me.

Same here cash them in weekly

• Advertisement

Another good reason to cash out early and often
    Yes I totally agree with you. See, IO will claim that the person has earned the credit wrongly by 'lying' in the surveys and therefore they are withholding payment!! It's all just a ruse so they can get away with it. They have also pulled other dirty tricks down the years, such as allowing you to complete up to 2/3 of a survey, THEN it kicks u out, claiming you are ineligible or that they have enough replies now and the survey has closed!! Of course, they have then had the info they need for nothing!! Every time this happened, I emailed and complained and they would mostly credit my account with part of the money......but I shouldn't have had2 b contacting them at all!! Looking back further on this thread, I c they were doing this a lot going back a few years. I also c there was a lot of issues around Xmas about a €19 survey it was 3 hours long. Like a lot of people here, I completed it, then on the very last page got an error messsage and was locked out. I complained and it was eventually reinstated, but it took 6 wks. I would say this is why IO wants to get rid of older members and get new ppl in....they are hoping that they can pull these tricks on new ppl more easily and won't be questioned. This is the problem with contacting them about survey issues - u draw attention to yourself, but otherwise u get screwed anyway, by being thrown out of surveys anyway/nonpayments. It's a Catch 22 situation. I've also seen on other foruns where new members get loads of surveys until JUST UNDER the €10 payout threshold - then the survey offers dry up!! Again a dirty trick....their surveys essentially done for nothing and the panelist screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Yes I totally agree with you. See, IO will claim that the person has earned the credit wrongly by 'lying' in the surveys and therefore they are withholding payment!! It's all just a ruse so they can get away with it. They have also pulled other dirty tricks down the years, such as allowing you to complete up to 2/3 of a survey, THEN it kicks u out, claiming you are ineligible or that they have enough replies now and the survey has closed!! Of course, they have then had the info they need for nothing!! Every time this happened, I emailed and complained and they would mostly credit my account with part of the money......but I shouldn't have had2 b contacting them at all!! Looking back further on this thread, I c they were doing this a lot going back a few years. I also c there was a lot of issues around Xmas about a €19 survey it was 3 hours long. Like a lot of people here, I completed it, then on the very last page got an error messsage and was locked out. I complained and it was eventually reinstated, but it took 6 wks. I would say this is why IO wants to get rid of older members and get new ppl in....they are hoping that they can pull these tricks on new ppl more easily and won't be questioned. This is the problem with contacting them about survey issues - u draw attention to yourself, but otherwise u get screwed anyway, by being thrown out of surveys anyway/nonpayments. It's a Catch 22 situation. I've also seen on other foruns where new members get loads of surveys until JUST UNDER the €10 payout threshold - then the survey offers dry up!! Again a dirty trick....their surveys essentially done for nothing and the panelist screwed.

Just on the infamous €19 survey: It was the exact same issue on all platforms and not unique to IO.

Just on the infamous €19 survey: It was the exact same issue on all platforms and not unique to IO.
    Ok thanks. As I said begore I'm only with IO, so I wouldn't have known that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 doligd7

Do you have problems with login in to MySurvey?

I keep getting this msg for last 5-6 days:

Invalid Email and/or Password. Please try again.

They told me that they are experiencing some technical issue and i have to wait. But this ws 4 days ago.

Anyone find IO quiet for the past week? Getting suspicious after the above posts. I usually get a survey every other day even if I end up not eligible.

Anyone find IO quiet for the past week? Getting suspicious after the above posts. I usually get a survey every other day even if I end up not eligible.

They hardly ever email me for a survey I normally check the dashboard and see if there is me for me
    My last one was Saturday morning

I've tried that over the past week but no luck. Would the emails have gone to your spam by any chance? I get pretty regularly.

doligd7 wrote: »
    Do you have problems with login in to MySurvey?

I keep getting this msg for last 5-6 days:

Invalid Email and/or Password. Please try again.

They told me that they are experiencing some technical issue and i have to wait. But this ws 4 days ago.

Getting same message for the past 2 weeks now.Been a member for years and suddently bang!"Invalid Password" coming up when I try to log in.No idea why.Tried to log in a few mns ago and same big red message appears.

Sadly you may be next for the chop.It's happening to many long and loyal members for the past few months."Non attentiveness and inconsistences" in replys seem to be their get out of paying people clause.How can they (IO) do this to people who were loyal to them for years??

• Advertisement

I've tried that over the past week but no luck. Would the emails have gone to your spam by any chance? I get pretty regularly.

No nothing in my spam, I think I check it so often I’m doing the survey before they get chance to email
    Just completed one for €1.50, need another fiver for my next card
    Getting Tesco cards lately so free food and a few toys for the small fella

Advertisement