Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

I've spent the day on the phone about this. Basically, as far as I can see, you can put in GDRP data request to IO. The thing is that they are registered in the UK so may have to put in request with both the Data Commisioner here AND in the UK. This was according to a webchat I had with the UK IOC today. You basically write to IO (there are template letters on both sites u can use) and state your concerns and request data. Now I also had a webchat today with 1 of IO's reps and said that I was doing this. She said that the only info they have2 provide is name adress, account details, etc and they dont have2 provide details of complaints. I went back to IOC and Data Protection here and they say otherwise. I think that IO are now basically giving people the middle finger and counting on the fact that most people simply will give up and drop the matter. Well that won't work with me because I've submitted data requests from IO, both here and in the UK together with a letter saying that I consider their accusations slanderous to my good character (which they are if they make allegation and refuse to reveal the nature of them!!). They now have a month to respond before I escalate the case further. Also as soon as I can get a webchat started with UK trading standards and their consumer affairs I will be opening a case there also. I urge people here to do the same also. It's not right that they should just be allowed to do this to honest people. Incidentally the rep in IO I had the webchat with today was the same person who sent the email Friday night last, accusing me of dishonesty. She nearly died when she realised who she was speaking to! Serves her right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No nothing in my spam, I think I check it so often I’m doing the survey before they get chance to email
    Just completed one for €1.50, need another fiver for my next card
    Getting Tesco cards lately so free food and a few toys for the small fella

Same here. I'm 25 cents of my next 10euro. The gift cards come in so handy for Tesco shopping.

Sorry a typo in my above post - ICO (information Comissioners Office) in the UK, NOT the IOC!! Somehow I don't think the International Olympic Committee would have much to say about irish opinions LOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

ballina i got dumped about two months ago was owed 82 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Red c one came in for a fiver today
    Happy days

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Identical email to what I got the other nite. Its the same old rubbish they are trotting out to everyone. Incidentially I rang the Joe Duffy Liveline research team this morn.....they are very interested in the story and asked how many ppl had this been done to, how much ppl had lost etc. I said that I was a member of a forum and wud ask around. So your idea of getting a number of ppl who has had this exoerience is a great idea. We could nominate a spokesperson to speak to Joe....indeed I could have spoken2 him on air this afternoon but I had a hospital appointment!! Name and shame its only way!! Incidentially, the customer services agent I was speaking to yest was the same woman who emailed me the other night. She didn't realise until it was too late!! I asked her if she was proud of what she was doing, accusing innocent people of dishonesty. She said "I dont make the decisions, I just do what I'm told". "Funny that" I replied "the Nazis said the very same thing". She then cut off the chat LOL!!! Well, if ur gonna do these companies dirty work for them, knowing full well its wrong, then be prepared for a backlash somewhere along the line!! Karma's a biatch hehe!!

I’m not surprised she cut off the chat, you compared the telephone operator to a Nazi and that’s a lousy thing to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Identical email to what I got the other nite. Its the same old rubbish they are trotting out to everyone. Incidentially I rang the Joe Duffy Liveline research team this morn.....they are very interested in the story and asked how many ppl had this been done to, how much ppl had lost etc. I said that I was a member of a forum and wud ask around. So your idea of getting a number of ppl who has had this exoerience is a great idea. We could nominate a spokesperson to speak to Joe....indeed I could have spoken2 him on air this afternoon but I had a hospital appointment!! Name and shame its only way!! Incidentially, the customer services agent I was speaking to yest was the same woman who emailed me the other night. She didn't realise until it was too late!! I asked her if she was proud of what she was doing, accusing innocent people of dishonesty. She said "I dont make the decisions, I just do what I'm told". "Funny that" I replied "the Nazis said the very same thing". She then cut off the chat LOL!!! Well, if ur gonna do these companies dirty work for them, knowing full well its wrong, then be prepared for a backlash somewhere along the line!! Karma's a biatch hehe!!

Not at all surprised she cut you off, with offensive talk like that. You'd want to temper your language when talking to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭pgj2015

i was dumped by IO for the same reason as the rest have been, was with them about 6 years, was owed 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just adding my name to the list.

My dad was with them for 5 years and at the time of being banned had €67.50 on credit.He was made redundant years ago and did these to pass the time and to help with the shopping bills.

They shouldn't be able to get away with things like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

It looks at the moment that I will suffer the same fate. 30 euro to be claimed in rewards. I did "chat" with a really nice girl today though on the site. Asked me for a lot more info than last guy and did seem like she wanted to help and was very polite. however all she could tell me was that my requests had been received and are under review by the relevant team and that I would be notified by email of outcome.She couldn't say how long the process would take. So i said I would be patient and await outcome and not submit anymore request till then.
    Now the outcome may well be the same as others but her handling of my situation today has at least made me feel SOMEONE is trying to help..
    Going to sit it out and see what happens..

Im another who was let go. Had only a few euro in the account at the time.

Tried the whole data line but they sent me a file with minimum details about me on it. Nothing about the "complaints" which they had received.

Fair enuf I didn't expect anything less than she would cut off the chat. It serves her right and I don't regret saying it. Its also lousy for her to email me and other people saying we are dishonest - in fact its close2 slander. Tell u what - agree to disgree and u handle IO ur way, I'll handle them mine.

Was that the Irish or UK agency?

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Was that the Irish or UK agency?

A direct request to irish Opinions themselves.

Errrr... I never said I was going to talk to Joe!! I rang their research team to ask if they could look into it....they would prob have to do some background checks on IO and research on similar forums to this before broadcasting anything. After all our consumer affairs in Irelandis worse than useless in these type of cases so ppl are then forced to name and shame unfortnately.

They told me the same thing yest but the UK ICO say different. I would advise u now to complain directly to tbe data protection here and in the UK just explain the allegations made against u, IO's response and that you are not satisfied. Let them handle it from there. I think that IO is being delibetately obstructive by doing that.....more or less giving u the middle finger.....hoping you will just cave in and go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

sugarman wrote: »
    List of posters effected so far...

1. Sugarman
    2. BlueTopaz
    3. ballina1953
    4. pgj2015
    5. ThePoet85
    6. jluv
    7. TheTorment

Me too.

sugarman probably dozens of others who are nt on or do nt know about this forum

Naid23 wrote: »
    Me too.

You forgot the #
    #metoo
    😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Anyone get a peculiar points total added on ShopandScan this month?

they add on points for the month of your birthday which is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Did you win the monthly prize draw ?

It's the boards.ie way, I suppose :rolleyes:. Answer a question with another question.

It was a system glitch that they're working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

sugarman wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise :rolleyes:

I too wont be letting this go and will be chasing it up with a GDPR request. I will also be contacting all of their partners, clients and suppliers making them fully aware of their dealings.

Can we get a list of boards.ie users effected? Just to put even a rough figure on it.

I'm one.

I’m not surprised she cut off the chat, you compared the telephone operator to a Nazi and that’s a lousy thing to say
    it's a rotten lousy thing IO are doing as well.They took €36.50 from me for hours of honest work.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ladybird37

Me too.

I was dumped by IO in Feb too. Had €8 in credit. Emailed them and received the same response as you guys dispite the fact I have only ever been honest with my answers

Edit to add: I'm also having problems with logging into my survey-strange!!

Ladybird37 wrote: »
    I was dumped by IO in Feb too. Had €8 in credit. Emailed them and received the same response as you guys dispite the fact I have only ever been honest with my answers

Edit to add: I'm also having problems with logging into my survey-strange!!

Me Tooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I challenged then to provide proof of my so called false info. This is the answer i got back

“We took the aforementioned action after reviewing the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity. As a renowned market research provider, we take the validity of our research data very seriously and needed to take steps to address the matter.
    We appreciate your time on our panel but, as previously stated, we unfortunately have no option other than to permanently suspend your account”

Nonsense!!

I challenged then to provide proof of my so called false info. This is the answer i got back

“We took the aforementioned action after reviewing the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity. As a renowned market research provider, we take the validity of our research data very seriously and needed to take steps to address the matter.
    We appreciate your time on our panel but, as previously stated, we unfortunately have no option other than to permanently suspend your account”

Nonsense!!

Same as what I got word for word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Desperate carry on by IO. Anyone know what the deal is with MySurvey? Been a week now and still cannot log in.

Advertisement