Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know if it happened to anybody else but I noticed over the past two months I've heard nothing from Ideas Panel. It was last night I noticed that all the surveys weren't going into the inbox the normally went into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't know if it happened to anybody else but I noticed over the past two months I've heard nothing from Ideas Panel. It was last night I noticed that all the surveys weren't going into the inbox the normally went into.

Coming as normal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Bilboss wrote: »
    Desperate carry on by IO. Anyone know what the deal is with MySurvey? Been a week now and still cannot log in.
    I received an email from MySurvey today to say they will have a technical fix in place by the weekend and that I should be able to log in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Naid23 wrote: »
    I challenged then to provide proof of my so called false info. This is the answer i got back

“We took the aforementioned action after reviewing the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity. As a renowned market research provider, we take the validity of our research data very seriously and needed to take steps to address the matter.
    We appreciate your time on our panel but, as previously stated, we unfortunately have no option other than to permanently suspend your account”

Nonsense!!

"Renowned market research company" , egotistical and ingenuine more like. Imagine calling yourself renowned. They need to show humility .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Getting a few 2 minute surveys from irish opinions and they are paying 50 cent
    Seems to pay better than the 20 minute ones for €1 or €1.50

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭pgj2015

has anyone who has been dumped by IO ever asked them for the balance on their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 doligd7

sugarman wrote: »
    List of posters effected so far...

1. Sugarman
    2. BlueTopaz
    3. ballina1953
    4. pgj2015
    5. ThePoet85
    6. jluv
    7. TheTorment

ME TOO

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Having a fair few problems with IO as well this week.

I hadn't done any in a while so jumped on and rose to a fiver pretty quickly. A 1.50 survey came up so i went to click on that but my anti-virus blocked the page saying the site the survey was on was infected with Malware. Emailed IO about this but find that they usually take a week to reply.

A lot of surveys ask for DOB etc then just give an error message. Today i got about 75% through a survey before the next page told me that the survey was down for maintenance. I looked in my survey history and there was no record of it. So that's anther email fired of to them.

I'm 75 cents away from another Amazon voucher so hope they don't shaft me like that waste of space OpinionWorld did. They told me i was doing surveys out of Ireland but waited until i went to cash out before terminating my account and taking weeks to give me an explanation as to why. When I told them I wasn't and that I was disgusted by their attitude in their emails, the length of time that it was taking them to reply to my emails and that they had done me out of money that was owed to me they just stopped replying to me. Utter useless cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭pgj2015

mysurvey is back up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

"You do not meet the criteria" after 82%? Ah here.

At least I have the evidence on screen, so hopefully IO will pay up.

454047.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Another one crashed on IO today - bit a mixture of shopping (Aldi I think), mortgages, tests of financial knowledge and maths skills

I had just entered text on the final 'is there anything we can do to improve' question, when I got 'Sorry, there is a problem processing your request' error.

This is getting to be a bit too regular..

Another one crashed on IO today - bit a mixture of shopping (Aldi I think), mortgages, tests of financial knowledge and maths skills

I had just entered text on the final 'is there anything we can do to improve' question, when I got 'Sorry, there is a problem processing your request' error.

This is getting to be a bit too regular..

Sometimes I get that and if I go back to irish opinions later on my desk top the option is there to resume survey
    These crashes on irish opinions are not happening for me much lately

I made a mistake on one from red c a while back and it was a trick question, I complained but they wouldn’t give me the credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

This nonsense has started again with IO.
    Just tried to redeem 20 Euros and received the error message.
    I'm not going to drop this.
    They reinstated my account the last time and there is no reason for them to block me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    This nonsense has started again with IO.
    Just tried to redeem 20 Euros and received the error message.
    I'm not going to drop this.
    They reinstated my account the last time and there is no reason for them to block me again.
    My case is a mirror image of yours.Tried to claim€20 in Dec '17 got the famous error message.Got on to Isabel was reinstated after a week or so.All was fine for a couple of months but got dumped again.Told I was not attentive and there were inconsistences in my answers.E mailed a few times and got no answer,gave up on these chancers.They still have €36 belonging to me.Pissed with them though after about 5 years with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

treated the same as last two posters
    had always found them above board until around xmas and suddenly a change of direction
    have left me out of pocket and seething also

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

Well, well, well.....wonders will never cease!! Irish Opinions reinstated my account. Got an email yesterday....no apology, no explanation, nothing.....simply stated that my account has been reactivated. Heaven only knows why. They probably will leave it awhile before trying to cut me off again. BTW Joe Duffys liveline is v interested in the story....they rang me last Fri wanting me2 go on air. Unfortunately I could not do so, as I work with special needs kids and adults, and my boss would be furious. JD show however did say that they had emailed Valued Opinions for comment, but had gotten no answer. I have seen other forums however, where other people have been claiming as recently as Friday last, that they have been cut off by IO, 1 user saying he lost money €80. Hope everyone else on here gets sorted out. My advice - submit the GDPR request to them, but if they pull the old s@@t of simply sending your name, address, etc - then forward the case on to Data Comissioner, both here and in the UK. I also made it clear to IO in my complaints letter that I would be doing this, so they knew I wasn't going to go away. Them telling you that that info is all they need to supply is, I suspect, a lie....they are simply giving people the middle finger saying that......the attitude behind it seems to be, basically "yeah, yeah, just go away now". Pesonally I will never do another of their surveys again. SCAM ARTISTS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

got myself a £10 amazon.co.uk gift card from them(IO) there this morning - handy :)

I also received an e mail today stating that my account has been reinstated and they apologised for the inconvenience. i understand they need to do checks on accounts from time to time but surely an automated email to state that they are doing this would eliminate some of the headache. I lost count of the amount of emails i sent to them. This is the second time in 6 months that this has happened to me.
    Anyway the first thing i did was redeem my rewards and will learn from this not to allow it to build up..

Sent them a GDPR request today and a stiff e mail.Waiting for a reply now.

jluv wrote: »
    I also received an e mail today stating that my account has been reinstated and they apologised for the inconvenience. i understand they need to do checks on accounts from time to time but surely an automated email to state that they are doing this would eliminate some of the headache. I lost count of the amount of emails i sent to them. This is the second time in 6 months that this has happened to me.
    Anyway the first thing i did was redeem my rewards and will learn from this not to allow it to build up..
    Did you get tough with IO?Or did it just happen out of the blue?

• Advertisement

bmc58 wrote: »
    Did you get tough with IO?Or did it just happen out of the blue?
    I did send a few mails insisting on an explanation or to at least allow me to redeem my rewards and that i would then close my account but it was only through chatting with a very helpful person named Hana on the help page that I got any info. Because she was trying to be so helpful I agreed to be patient and wait for the outcome of the review..

pgj2015 wrote: »
    mysurvey is back up and running

Still not right.takes ages to log in,time out's appearing after the end of surveys.Same survey's on my home page for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

bmc58 wrote: »
    Sent them a GDPR request today and a stiff e mail.Waiting for a reply now.

What exactly do you send them? like how do you word it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Naid23 wrote: »
    What exactly do you send them? like how do you word it.

I can guarantee the account was not reactivated because of a GDPR request. They have had issues lately with deactivated accounts. A strongly worded email worked for everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I'm after joining the line of been dumped by io in last 2 weeks, have emailed them and chatted live with them as of today my account is in review and this review can take a long time, €1 of another voucher its a balls really.

I can guarantee the account was not reactivated because of a GDPR request. They have had issues lately with deactivated accounts. A strongly worded email worked for everybody else.
    How do you know this? How can you be so certain?

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    How do you know this? How can you be so certain?

Nobody knows onky irish opinions

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Nobody knows onky irish opinions
    Which is why I was asking the poster how he is so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

Can anyone tell me how userneeds points work? When redeeming them can I only trade in lots of 8000 at a time? Or if I have 10,000 or more when I go to trade them in will it work out better somehow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tikithing wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how userneeds points work? When redeeming them can I only trade in lots of 8000 at a time? Or if I have 10,000 or more when I go to trade them in will it work out better somehow?

They are worth more the more you let them build, if you go in to attempt a redeem but don't actually do it it shows the rates.

They are basically adding admin costs on to the redemption; the less admin the more reward.

Advertisement