Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

bmc58 wrote: »
    With all the hullaballo going with survey sites(Irish Opinions/My Survey) the last six months with members being banned and being reinstated and banned again (myself included regarding IO)I was wondering what should I do? Back on IO and My Survey grand again getting surveys pretty regularly again.Now today I "did" a survey on MY Survey for 110 pts that should have taken 30 mns.I clicked on the survey to begin and low and behold "Survey Completed " came up and I was credited with 110 pts for doing nothing.Showld I report this glitch to My Survey or just lie low and take my points for doing nothing?Anyone have a similar experience?

That's happened to me a few times. I take them as free points and say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

With all the hullaballo going with survey sites(Irish Opinions/My Survey) the last six months with members being banned and being reinstated and banned again (myself included regarding IO)I was wondering what should I do? Back on IO and My Survey grand again getting surveys pretty regularly again.Now today I "did" a survey on MY Survey for 110 pts that should have taken 30 mns.I clicked on the survey to begin and low and behold "Survey Completed " came up and I was credited with 110 pts for doing nothing.Showld I report this glitch to My Survey or just lie low and take my points for doing nothing?Anyone have a similar experience?

It will be forever on your conscience if you say nothing :D:D:D

Listen, I once cashed in for a 25 Euro Allgifts voucher and the company, which will remain anonymous, sent me 2 voucher codes for 25 Euros.

Do you think I told them................?;)

No reply from IO after them saying a week ago that they look at my account. No surprise there!

Had a look at the Valued Opinions FB page. A number of complaints there also. The company is getting slated on Trust Pilot.

I wonder how many thousands of Euros they have saved by conning people into reviews and not paying them?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I had this "glitch" on IO before. A handy two Euro every two weeks or so, just for clicking a button. I also managed to get two 25 Euro codes (from a company which shall remain nameless) for the price of one and double my money for a Tesco giftcard.

It made up for the codes I got from them before which were too small to be redeemed for a voucher and expired on the day they were issued. Don't worry about it. Something tells me that sending support tickets on a regular basis will get you booted from some sites anyway... *cough* MySurvey *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I got the Family and Food one again today from IO that contained a malware. Second time. You'd imagine that they would have sorted it first time around..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Has anyone else received surveys from IO with ad videos included that 'cannot be played in your area'?

I've received and completed 2 of these last week - I was able to move on to the next page after a short wait and answered what I could.

The videos formed only a small part of the overall survey and I noted that I couldn't view them in the comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jluv wrote: »
    I got the Family and Food one again today from IO that contained a malware. Second time. You'd imagine that they would have sorted it first time around..

So did I but no malware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    No reply from IO after them saying a week ago that they look at my account. No surprise there!

Had a look at the Valued Opinions FB page. A number of complaints there also. The company is getting slated on Trust Pilot.

I wonder how many thousands of Euros they have saved by conning people into reviews and not paying them?

Keep after them.Be firm(not rude) stating your shock at being accused of wrong doing as you are dilligent and attentive with all surveys you do.How you enjoy being part of their panel and would like them to re check your records as you would strongly refute their accusations.
    I've been "banned" twice by IO since Jan this year(was a member for 5years) but have got back on IO after keeping e mailing them and saying they were wrong about me.Seems ok now again and getting regular surveys.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone order evouchers from AllGifts recently? Wondering how long it took.

Looking to order Amazon vouchers for something thats on offer for a limited time, but not arsed if I wont receive them in time.

Took about 5 days for me last week.

Irish Opinions has been slow recently. Still getting surveys but only €17.75 in the past 30 days. Need a couple of decent money ones to liven it up.

• Advertisement

IO must have heard me. A handy €4 one today and instantly credited.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

IO must have heard me. A handy €4 one today and instantly credited.

Getting nothing off them, I think maybe 1 in the last month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Very slow from IO. Also when I try to check if I any waiting. I get re questioned about my employment and the business we do. I fill it in again but the next time I log in it's still at 80% profile completed.

Logged in again and now it's 98%

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’m getting nothing from irish opinions either now, it’s been about 3 weeks since my last confession I mean survey and they were flying in before

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Same for me. Was getting regular invites but has dried up completely the last couple of weeks

With a bit of luck it’s just a seasonal thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Got the €4 survey but by jaysus they are fair mean otherwise last few weeks

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m getting nothing from irish opinions either now, it’s been about 3 weeks since my last confession I mean survey and they were flying in before

If you have 10 euros or more, see if you can redeem it. 3 weeks is too long.

I checked Trustpilot earlier and there are another load of people complaining that their accounts have been deactivated.

If you have 10 euros or more, see if you can redeem it. 3 weeks is too long.

I checked Trustpilot earlier and there are another load of people complaining that their accounts have been deactivated.

My account is still active I’ve checked and emailed them
    I have nothing in my account

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I haven't done an IO survey in months - various reasons - but got an offer at 17:13 today, one yesterday and one the day before. So its not completely dead.

Seasonal factors are huge in surveys; this is a dead time. Coming up to Christmas is incredibly busy, after Christmas dead, and then both before and after Summer quite busy with summer dead.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    I haven't done an IO survey in months - various reasons - but got an offer at 17:13 today, one yesterday and one the day before. So its not completely dead.

Seasonal factors are huge in surveys; this is a dead time. Coming up to Christmas is incredibly busy, after Christmas dead, and then both before and after Summer quite busy with summer dead.

In all the years that I was with IO, I never went 2 or 3 weeks without a survey except with they banned me. There are not seasonable reasons. I get plenty from the other companies.

Perhaps they reinstated your account. That did happen to me earlier this year.

If you don't believe that there is an issue, then fair enough. There's a lot who would disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My account was never blocked so never needed reinstatement.

If you have had to argue to get an account reinstated I wouldn't be surprised if it gets virtually nothing.

My account is still active I’ve checked and emailed them
    I have nothing in my account

Very unusual to have nothing in your account,

L1011 wrote: »
    My account was never blocked so never needed reinstatement.

If you have had to argue to get an account reinstated I wouldn't be surprised if it gets virtually nothing.

I don't know what you mean. It was reinstated I got plenty of surveys. Then it was deactivated again.

I didnt have to argue with them.

Very unusual to have nothing in your account,

Not really lol, I had €10 and claimed a Tesco voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Shopper Thoughts to email out an Amazon voucher? I've been waiting 9 days since redeeming my points and wanted to order something on Amazon Prime before my trial expires but for all I know it could take a month to receive the Amazon voucher.

Not really lol, I had €10 and claimed a Tesco voucher

What does lol mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Laugh Out Loud?

My account was not deactivated. It is just one of those slower times of year and it's quiet with all the companies. A few coming in but not much.,
    In all the years that I was with IO, I never went 2 or 3 weeks without a survey except with they banned me. There are not seasonable reasons. I get plenty from the other companies.

Perhaps they reinstated your account. That did happen to me earlier this year.

If you don't believe that there is an issue, then fair enough. There's a lot who would disagree with you.

• Advertisement

My account was not deactivated. It is just one of those slower times of year and it's quiet with all the companies. A few coming in but not much.,

Do you not understand that for many people who have found it quiet, it's because their accounts have been deactivated:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Just because it hasn't happened to you,doesn't mean anything.

It is worth checking it out.

I've plenty of surveys coming in.

Advertisement