Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Anyone using mysurvey?

I've managed to finally get that 3 hour long survey payout - up to 2750 points :) and i've been trying to redeem a few amazon vouchers. It just refuses to do anything - i keep getting the same error - "Sorry your cart total exceeds your point balance" although it doesnt

here, see for yourself
    2m5yznt.jpg

Any ideas on what might be causing that? afaik you need 1000 points to start spending and i'm nearly 3 times that now so yeah, am lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

L1011 wrote: »
    I haven't done an IO survey in months - various reasons - but got an offer at 17:13 today, one yesterday and one the day before. So its not completely dead.

Seasonal factors are huge in surveys; this is a dead time. Coming up to Christmas is incredibly busy, after Christmas dead, and then both before and after Summer quite busy with summer dead.
    Got one from IO yesterday but I had already done it on another site so I stopped the survey and deleted it(told by here dangerous to do surveys multiple times),dont want to be banned again by IO.Got another one today which requires some organisation to download stuff on my PC and give them control of my PC.I refused that one.Otherwise very slow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Spent an hour this morning doing a survey from Userneeds. Got 3000 points for it though.

beertons wrote: »
    Spent an hour this morning doing a survey from Userneeds. Got 3000 points for it though.
    Userneeds is a waste of your time.3000pts is worth probably 1 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bmc58 wrote: »
    Userneeds is a waste of your time.3000pts is worth probably 1 euro.

Is it that bad ?? I have that survey and I was putting it off

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

800 points is a euro if you withdraw at a tenner. They get more valuable the longer you hold on to them / higher the withdrawal.

L1011 wrote: »
    800 points is a euro if you withdraw at a tenner. They get more valuable the longer you hold on to them / higher the withdrawal.

Wow that’s lower than I thought
    Hardly worth doing that then

They are definitely among the poorer payers particularly if you take out at a tenner every time. Not as bad as Toluna or some Cint panels.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I've nearly 40000 in points. What do you suggest I do with them?

Allgifts vouchers - I can't see the redemption rates now but that should easily get about 70 quids worth, maybe 80 - 25,000 is 40 and its a sliding scale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is it that bad ?? I have that survey and I was putting it off

3000 points is €3.75.

beertons wrote: »
    I've nearly 40000 in points. What do you suggest I do with them?

Currently all gifts of €65 for 40000 points.

3000 points is €3.75.
    I stand corrected.But e 3.75 for an hour's work is still not worth it.

bmc58 wrote: »
    I stand corrected.But e 3.75 for an hour's work is still not worth it.

I did it in about 20 minutes.

I did it in about 20 minutes.

That’s not bad then
    Irish opinions take 20 minutes for €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

I got screened out of that userneeds survey but I did get a Toluna hour long one worth 12000 points. Hadn’t heard from MySurvey in a while, logged in today and clicked on available surveys and told I can’t access the page. Does this look like a problem with my account??

Anybody ever get thrown out of surveys when they ask to name a family member or friend?

Anybody ever get thrown out of surveys when they ask to name a family member or friend?

No.Never heard of that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Were you asked for contact details for said 'friend'? I've had lots of friends over the years that I would be willing to name, but nothing else - Mary Doherty or Paddy Murphy, for example. A bit intrusive and hardly relevant to any survey, I'd have thought.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Were you asked for contact details for said 'friend'? I've had lots of friends over the years that I would be willing to name, but nothing else - Mary Doherty or Paddy Murphy, for example. A bit intrusive and hardly relevant to any survey, I'd have thought.

No. Mid way they come up with some drivel like "it can be easier to describe a product to someone who shares our tastes. Enter the first name of a friend or family member who shares your tastes."

If I put in a fictitious Gerry it proceeds, put in Pat or Jim and it chucks me out. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

It happened with me once. Probably when they hit a set number of names you are screened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That's an odd one all right.

I'm 25 cents off a voucher for Irish Opinions but no surveys for me for the last week. Is it quiet with surveys around this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

No. Mid way they come up with some drivel like "it can be easier to describe a product to someone who shares our tastes. Enter the first name of a friend or family member who shares your tastes."

If I put in a fictitious Gerry it proceeds, put in Pat or Jim and it chucks me out. :confused:

Aaargh, that would be right up there with using personality traits to describe a product for me! Not to mention how close I feel to a particular brand with a heart on a slider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

The same thing happened me yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Had no surveys for 2 weeks from IO so sent an email asking why. Took them a week to get back to me saying my account had been deactivated by mistake and it's sorted now.
    That's the second time this year that's happened

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

NATLOR wrote: »
    Had no surveys for 2 weeks from IO so sent an email asking why. Took them a week to get back to me saying my account had been deactivated by mistake and it's sorted now.
    Yeah, I received my first IO survey in over a month today:cool:

NATLOR wrote: »

I had nothing for a month and emailed them and it took ages for them to investigate but they said I’m good to go again but no explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

No. But I won't name family or friends I make up a name.

cbreeze wrote: »

:) That kind of goes without saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

cbreeze wrote: »

It helps that I know 15 Roberts, 20 Patricks, 18 Clodaghs, and 976457623092749218740296496509385 lads called Mikey. They'll never know who I'm on about, and neither will I!

Advertisement