Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

With Irish Opinions has anybody an issue with not being able to click the available surveys button?

Yes. Probably because I'm banned for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Yes. Probably because I'm banned for no good reason.

So this happens when your banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Not necessarily. Just completed a survey, after having issues yesterday - now getting message again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Actually I don't think it does.
    I'm still a bit pissed off with the scamming company that is Irish Opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

No, when you are banned it comes up as no survey available and you don’t get any emails
    This greyed our icon is a new one and it was grey for me most of the day yesterday

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Have been banned (like many others) been reinstated and have been EXTRA careful with my "attentivness"since.Now I too have this grey area on my homepage.What to do next is my problem?I'm getting pissed off with IO now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 doligd7

bmc58 wrote: »
    Have been banned (like many others) been reinstated and have been EXTRA careful with my "attentivness"since.Now I too have this grey area on my homepage.What to do next is my problem?I'm getting pissed off with IO now.

did you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I was never banned before, but I can still see the greyed out button on IO. They really should have sent out an email if this is a maintenance issue, or if users have been blocked. I'm going to send in a ticket now and see what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Also have the greyed out issue. received 2 survey invites today but couldnt take either, reckon its an IO problem not people being banned

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tikithing

Hi guys, I'm starting college in September (lol, like in a week), I've been telling surveys that im 'unemployed looking for work' since I started surveys last January. Im on a couple of sites and I'm not sure what to do about my changed circumstances.

I figure if I just start answering the questions differently red flags will fly all over the place, do you think that simply updating the information on the (extensive) home page questionnaires will be okay or should I email the company to let them know? It feels a bit silly since it's such a tiny change but I'd really rather avoid being banned from everywhere :D I'd be fine with emailing RedC since they're pretty nice in emails, but I almost don't want to bring any attention to myself on IO since they seem to be looking for the smallest reason to ban people. Anyone gone through a similar thing?

• Advertisement

doligd7 wrote: »
    did you contact them?
    No not yet.Others have though so I'll wait to see what reply they get.

NATLOR wrote: »
    Also have the greyed out issue. received 2 survey invites today but couldnt take either, reckon its an IO problem not people being banned

I also got a survey on my google e mail page,clicked on it and just nothing happened.So maybe this grey area is some fault at IO.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for the replies.
    Button is working again this morning but you'd always wonder with Irish Opinions!

Thanks for the replies.
    Button is working again this morning but you'd always wonder with Irish Opinions!
    My button went yellow again just a few minutes ago while I was checking the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Obviously something went very wrong. Now back for me after an email reply stated
    Thank you for your patience,

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your Valued Opinions account. We have investigated the issue and your account is now active.

Definitely not.I got the grey shadow for a few days then I got the yellow back yesterday,but no surveys(just the no survey available message).Now as a twice banned IO panelist I was starting to get the "Deja Vue" feeling again.But low and behold I got a survey this afternoon and was able to complete it.So i reckon this grey thing is some sort of glitch,which they are sorting slowly.

doligd7 wrote: »
    did you contact them?

Back to normal.Did survey this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Tikithing wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm starting college in September (lol, like in a week), I've been telling surveys that im 'unemployed looking for work' since I started surveys last January. Im on a couple of sites and I'm not sure what to do about my changed circumstances.

I figure if I just start answering the questions differently red flags will fly all over the place, do you think that simply updating the information on the (extensive) home page questionnaires will be okay or should I email the company to let them know? It feels a bit silly since it's such a tiny change but I'd really rather avoid being banned from everywhere :D I'd be fine with emailing RedC since they're pretty nice in emails, but I almost don't want to bring any attention to myself on IO since they seem to be looking for the smallest reason to ban people. Anyone gone through a similar thing?

Yes I have done this before! I'll have to change all of my details again next week when I leave university, so it's the same thing again. Just update your profile on each site and there should be no problem. Just make sure that your responses match what's on your profile, and you shouldn't get banned.

The only time I've been banned from a site was when I was outside the country and MySurvey picked up on it. An email to them fixed it for a while, but they regularly mess my account up anyway. PM me if you need a list of more survey sites, I'm a member of dozens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I got one from them this evening for a Euro. Took ages and I finished the survey but never got to the page where I rate the survey. Now it's not showing up in my survey history. Should I email them?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I got one from them this evening for a Euro. Took ages and I finished the survey but never got to the page where I rate the survey. Now it's not showing up in my survey history. Should I email them?

Sometimes it keeps the survey open and you can resume it when you log back in, failing that email them

I was almost finished a 20 minutes one on beer and cider and it came up that my answers were not matching please try again, I dumped that one straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Postgrad10 wrote: »

The very same thing happened to me and I e mailed them. I took a pic of the page that was hanging but in the tool bar it said completed. So do email them as the more the do then they will know it's an issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It just has the name of the survey company and a thank you note. I'll email then. Thanks.

My yellow box has gone grey again on irish opinions
    3 surveys done this morning and then went grey

OmegaGene wrote: »

Maybe it just means there are currently no surveys available?

The button was yellow last night and when I selected take a survey it said none were available, which is the normal thing
    This is not the normal way the site works, I’ve been a member for 6 years now on and off and this is a first

The button was yellow last night and when I selected take a survey it said none were available, which is the normal thing
    This is not the normal way the site works, I’ve been a member for 6 years now on and off and this is a first

I know its not a usual thing just thought it might have been something they added recently but if you got the yellow button with no surveys available then obviously i'm mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If they have changed it to this, then it wouldn't kill them to let member know.

If they have changed it to this, then it wouldn't kill them to let member know.

Agreed but they are hardly renowned for their communication skills

• Registered Users Posts: 28,979 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's a really bad idea to design a website to convey meaning using colour alone. It means the website won't work for people with colour-deficiency or some other forms of sight loss.

• Advertisement

Irish opinions is still down for me, think it’s time to drop an email to find out what’s going on, I’m sick of seeing
    “Survey service is unavailable”

Advertisement