Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I got credited for it!

Mine went through later on and I cashed out
    Normally it’s instant

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I had one today with IO that didn't credit immediately either but it did a few hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Has anyone been offered the rewards for the device which was meant to be plugged into your router? I got the initial rewards but I thought we were meant to get more each month of usage or have I got it wrong. I can't even remember which site did this one.

Has anyone been offered the rewards for the device which was meant to be plugged into your router? I got the initial rewards but I thought we were meant to get more each month of usage or have I got it wrong. I can't even remember which site did this one.

I got that device sent to me and it was described as a speed test but they wanted it plugged in for 2 years, I’m not a paranoid person but pppppphuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Is that the Medux device?

I was just on to them enquiring as to when I'll be getting some of the promised rewards and am waiting to hear back.

• Advertisement

I was just on to them enquiring as to when I'll be getting some of the promised rewards and am waiting to hear back.

The company are useless, I’m still waiting for them to collect the device, I explain to them I didn’t want them harvesting 2 years of data and they agreed to collect it, it’s just sitting there gathering dust now

Do you know which survey crowd it was? I’m tempted to fire off an email and if I get no response I’m just going to fire it in the bin at this stage

Do you know which survey crowd it was? I’m tempted to fire off an email and if I get no response I’m just going to fire it in the bin at this stage

It’s medux you have to deal with and they are based in spain
    Unplug it and will be in touch fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

Is this Red C? They send me surveys, I answer a lot more questions than name, age, location. Then they come back and say I'm not suitable. I feel like since I got closer to 50 I rarely get surveys sent and never meet the criteria. Feels like a hoax to me.

RioM wrote: »
    Is this Red C? They send me surveys, I answer a lot more questions than name, age, location. Then they come back and say I'm not suitable. I feel like since I got closer to 50 I rarely get surveys sent and never meet the criteria. Feels like a hoax to me.

Nah you’re just eager to cash out
    Red c is far from a scam and if anything are one of the better sites for surveys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They are probably the most straight and honest of the survey companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

No,Red C are not a hoax.Been with them for years and have had many 50e cash outs.But I do get screened out of plenty of surveys from them.It's just the way it is.But a Hoax..no way.

PS. Take it easy,you'll soon get to your 50 from Red C.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

If its the medux device

How much money will I earn and when?
    1. After you install the device and keep it for at least 30 days you will receive 40 EUR at the beginning of the following month!
    2. In addition, you will receive 7 EUR each month given that the device was active (max 5 days offline per month!)
    3. This is a long-term project, which will last for at least 1 year and we will pay you at the beginning of each month.

https://www.utest.com/faq-internet-passive-speed-testing

laoise09 wrote: »
    If its the medux device

How much money will I earn and when?
    1. After you install the device and keep it for at least 30 days you will receive 40 EUR at the beginning of the following month!
    2. In addition, you will receive 7 EUR each month given that the device was active (max 5 days offline per month!)
    3. This is a long-term project, which will last for at least 1 year and we will pay you at the beginning of each month.

https://www.utest.com/faq-internet-passive-speed-testing

i wonder how much data they will harvest and sell on over this period

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jmcgill16

I was sent one of those Medux devices a while ago. When I asked them more details about it they said it was just to monitor connection speed/reliability - that it would periodically ping the home server to establish connection speed, latency, etc.

So I figured I'd leave it unplugged during the day when my internet was in use, but plug it in overnight every night so that they could run all the connection speed tests then if they wanted to. But very quickly after I started doing this they got on to me to give out, and reclaim the device.

That made me think the whole thing distinctly fishy. I'd be very concerned about data harvesting leaving it on 24/7.

jmcgill16 wrote: »
    I was sent one of those Medux devices a while ago. When I asked them more details about it they said it was just to monitor connection speed/reliability - that it would periodically ping the home server to establish connection speed, latency, etc.

So I figured I'd leave it unplugged during the day when my internet was in use, but plug it in overnight every night so that they could run all the connection speed tests then if they wanted to. But very quickly after I started doing this they got on to me to give out, and reclaim the device.

That made me think the whole thing distinctly fishy. I'd be very concerned about data harvesting leaving it on 24/7.

I also enquires as to what they were testing for
    Speed and ping but needs to be plugged in and connected to the router/modem for 24 months
    Yeah something not right there, mine was connected for 5 minutes and then back in the box
    They were straight on the phone saying they needed it connected all the time

Went to redeem points on Amazon last night on OpinionWorld and got told my account was in violation of the T&C’s. Now waiting on word back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

jmcgill16 wrote: »

Why is it fishy? They want to test speeds over 24 hour intervals, if your turning it off at peak broadband usage times then the readings from your box would be useless to them.

I suspect they are harvesting more than speed data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it's plugged in independently to a port, not passthrough, there's nothing more for them to harvest

That Acumen €15 survey is rather strange!

L1011 wrote: »
    That Acumen €15 survey is rather strange!

I did it a few days ago and can't remember what it was about. What was strange?

I did it a few days ago and can't remember what it was about. What was strange?

The question format, the interlude and the payment to effort ratio really

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Did anyone opt to reduce their reward for draw tickets? I didn't anyway - but still waiting on the reward.

It was definitely a weird one and it took me a while to get into the swing of memorising the info for the questions.

They said the reward will be paid out when the survey period is completed.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Did anyone opt to reduce their reward for draw tickets? I didn't anyway - but still waiting on the reward.

It was definitely a weird one and it took me a while to get into the swing of memorising the info for the questions.

I most certainly did not opt for draw tickets.

Payment is when the survey closes and it's still issuing.

Messed up a survey today on Cars on IO.Was three quarters through when the bloody dog jumped up on my lap and some other screen appeared, I pressed the wrong button to delete the unwanted screen but deleted the fecken survey.I checked back in a few times to see if the survey might reappear and allow me to finish,but no signe of it.As most survey doers know IO are very tempermental of late,I was wondering could there be any repercussions from IO for deleting a survey more than half way through?

IO has gone very quiet for me recently. €11 in 30 days is way below par.

• Advertisement

Quiet for me too, have a grey box most of the time
    Red c is also quiet

Advertisement