Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The €15 Acumen survey paid out today. Got another which brings me to €48, irritiatingly close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Quiet for me too, have a grey box most of the time
    Red c is also quiet

Got one from Red C today.But about two weeks ago I got that bloody grey box from IO again.I did nothing about it,then a few days later yellow again out of nowhere and got several surveys.Now the grey box is back AGAIN.What is happening at IO?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I can’t work irish opinions out, I’ve even had emails when I’ve seen a grey box a few minutes before and the email leads to nothing
    I’ve given up contacting them as it seems to go back to normal afte a couple of days

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

IO has gone very quiet for me recently. €11 in 30 days is way below par.
    Yeah, IO have been slow for me too.

I tried to redeem 800 points for an Amazon voucher on OpinionWorld today and I received the following message...

"Your membership has been terminated as a result of the violation of the OpinionWorld Terms & Conditions. For questions, please, contact helpdesk@opinionworld.co.uk"

This happened before but they reactivated my account eventually.

I can’t work irish opinions out, I’ve even had emails when I’ve seen a grey box a few minutes before and the email leads to nothing
    I’ve given up contacting them as it seems to go back to normal afte a couple of days
    Like you,I'm passed the point of caring about IO now.And I forgot to mention,I even ordered a €10 voucher about a week ago from IO no problem.Now the Grey Box is back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Snow Crash wrote: »

I tried to redeem 800 points for an Amazon voucher on OpinionWorld today and I received the following message...

"Your membership has been terminated as a result of the violation of the OpinionWorld Terms & Conditions. For questions, please, contact helpdesk@opinionworld.co.uk"

Exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back. Just waiting on them now to "investigate the matter"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They confirmed to me that the grey box means no surveys currently available. I suggested they changed the wording on it and advise panel members but no reply to that.
    bmc58 wrote: »
    Got one from Red C today.But about two weeks ago I got that bloody grey box from IO again.I did nothing about it,then a few days later yellow again out of nowhere and got several surveys.Now the grey box is back AGAIN.What is happening at IO?

They confirmed to me that the grey box means no surveys currently available. I suggested they changed the wording on it and advise panel members but no reply to that.

They told me 3 times now that it was a technical glitch

Nice one Finley Tiny Fir.Good to know that.

Irish opinions survey today asked me to install and app on my phone
    Forget that

• Advertisement

Irish opinions survey today asked me to install and app on my phone
    Forget that
    Grey box went yellow today and got a survey from IO.So must be ok I guess.

Grey box went yellow today and got a survey from IO.So must be ok I guess.

Snap

Snow Crash wrote: »

This seems to happen if you do the same survey on two different sites as one of the Mods explained earlier. If you do a survey on one site DO NOT do the same survey on another site as this only leads to trouble.Just stop and delete that survey.Many of these survey sites are linked and if they find the same person doing the same survey on several sites you will have your account suspended.Just do a survey on one site only,not on several.Big Brother will find you.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

I have been a member of Irish Opinions for about 2 years now. I have made about €400 and my partner has made about €100. I redeemed the full amount in Tesco and Amazon vouchers.
    However over the last 4 or 5 months I haven't gotten any new surveys to fill out. It seems like something happened and they are gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it is some sort of GDPR issue.

I have been a member of Irish Opinions for about 2 years now. I have made about €400 and my partner has made about €100. I redeemed the full amount in Tesco and Amazon vouchers.
    However over the last 4 or 5 months I haven't gotten any new surveys to fill out. It seems like something happened and they are gone. I wouldn't be surprised if it is some sort of GDPR issue.

They are not gone, I’ve dine four surveys today and cashed out for a Tesco voucher
    Drop them an email to see what’s happening with your account, it may have been suspended or maybe you didn’t agree to the email that came out asking of you would allow them to contact you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

All quiet from RedC and then at lunch I spotted two in my inbox. Got to do one, but didn't qualify for the other. Slowly creeping towards the €50 mark again.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    All quiet from RedC and then at lunch I spotted two in my inbox. Got to do one, but didn't qualify for the other. Slowly creeping towards the €50 mark again.

I got 3 on Monday. 5, 3 and a 2 euros. Didn't qualify for any of them....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I'm at 41 euro with RedC and thought I might get the 50 this month. But I normally get about 3 surveys per month and so far completed 1 and screened out of a nice juicy 5 euro one so don't think it will be happening:(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

jluv wrote: »
    I'm at 41 euro with RedC and thought I might get the 50 this month. But I normally get about 3 surveys per month and so far completed 1 and screened out of a nice juicy 5 euro one so don't think it will be happening:(

Same here. Have been at €43 since the end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back. Just waiting on them now to "investigate the matter"
    Yeah, they just got back to me...

"Thank you for your email.

We’re sorry to hear you have had issues with your account. We are in the process of reviewing your account(s) now. We hope to get you your survey account(s) back in the next 2-3 business days. In the meantime, until you receive an update regarding the status of your account, we kindly advise you to avoid any attempts to access your survey account including clicking survey invitations received via email prior to deactivation.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation while we review your account. Thanks again and have a great day."

Hopefully it's sorted out soon.

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    You're not alone.Got a 2E one and was screened out of that 5E one too.Only at 24E so end of next month at least to reach the magical 50E.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Are Irish opinions and opinion world connected to each other. Got an invite from opinionworld but it turned out to be researchnow ( same as Irish Opinions) so I closed out of it in case it was one I'd already done.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Are Irish opinions and opinion world connected to each other. Got an invite from opinionworld but it turned out to be researchnow ( same as Irish Opinions) so I closed out of it in case it was one I'd already done.

You did the right thing.As L1011 said if you do the same survey a couple of times on different sites you could be banned from some sites (especially IO,who are very touchy of late).Do a survey and if you get the same survey from a different site DO NOT DO IT A SECOND TIME.Don't be greedy as you will end up banned form some site.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If IO can't complete a survey with their own panel they will put it out on other panels. Most of them do this, you will get RedC ones via IO also - at a much reduced payout!

I wouldn't mind getting redc ones from another site because I haven't had one since the start of the year !

You did the right thing.As L1011 said if you do the same survey a couple of times on different sites you could be banned from some sites (especially IO,who are very touchy of late).Do a survey and if you get the same survey from a different site DO NOT DO IT A SECOND TIME.Don't be greedy as you will end up banned form some site.

It looked like a survey I hadn't done before but it had researchnow in the address bar so I let it go in case it became an issue. Not on many sites.

It looked like a survey I hadn't done before but it had researchnow in the address bar so I let it go in case it became an issue. Not on many sites.

This happens quite a lot to me, the most frequent one being red c for say 75 cent or a euro on opinion world or irish opinions
    If you haven’t don’t the survey before then crack on, I think the companies trade off or sell surveys

This happens quite a lot to me, the most frequent one being red c for say 75 cent or a euro on opinion world or irish opinions
    If you haven’t don’t the survey before then crack on, I think the companies trade off or sell surveys
    Been on Red C for years and never got a survey for less than €1.If you get a survey from say IO and a RED C survey pops up for 75c,delete it.You might get that same one from RED C for €1 or 2 later.

Been on Red C for years and never got a survey for less than €1.If you get a survey from say IO and a RED C survey pops up for 75c,delete it.You might get that same one from RED C for €1 or 2 later.

Red c don’t do surveys for 75 cent that’s why they farm them out to other companies and they are normally quick 3-4 minute ones so I will happily do them.
    Got my first cheque from red c and also the offer of a €50 phone survey, not so sure about the phone survey tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Signed up to Red C recently. Are the actual surveys slow to load options for the questions or is it just me ?

Advertisement