Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Up onto the 40 euro with acumen. Do you think there's much chance of me getting to 50euro for a Tesco voucher before Christmas? or should I go ahead and order 2x20 euro vouchers for dunnes ? I'd have to go out of my way to get to my nearest Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the weird Acumen survey which promised 1500 points? I think it was September.

I just checked on their member area and I was awarded 10 points instead of 1500! That's what you get for being screened out, but I definitely completed it. Did anyone get the 1500 points?

The points credited are not listed in chronological order on the Acumen Panel site. I had to scroll back to page 6 out of 10 to find it, but that survey (from August) had credited for me already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Up onto the 40 euro with acumen. Do you think there's much chance of me getting to 50euro for a Tesco voucher before Christmas? or should I go ahead and order 2x20 euro vouchers for dunnes ? I'd have to go out of my way to get to my nearest Dunnes.

Get the dunnes vouchers and if you combine it with a shop and save voucher from the paper you will get €50 of groceries for free

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

The points credited are not listed in chronological order on the Acumen Panel site. I had to scroll back to page 6 out of 10 to find it, but that survey (from August) had credited for me already.

I did the survey in September and scrolled back through my emails to find the code for it before checking the site - definitely received only 10 points. I've emailed them anyway to see if they'll check, but not particularly hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Has anyone been having difficulty logging on to LifePoints? I haven’t been able to yet at all , when I try to log in it say my membership is temporarily unavailable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭pgj2015

i tried to do 2 surveys on lifepoints just now, did not qualify for either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

I can login to lifepoints, but there are never any surveys showing. I have gotten plenty of emails for surveys but have not been able to do any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

laoise09 wrote: »
    I can login to lifepoints, but there are never any surveys showing. I have gotten plenty of emails for surveys but have not been able to do any of them.

same here, also couldnt see their rewards page at all, so i didnt bother looking at them since they changed over to the new look.

is it ireach you ring to activate the one4all cards or do you ring one4all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

pgj2015 wrote: »

From the FAQ on iReach

All vouchers will now be sent out deactivated. To activate your voucher you must now go to the One4all website, click on YOUR CARD, Activate Reward Card and enter your card number and the email address: byrne.oisin@ireachhq.com.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

pgj2015 wrote: »

Try here.

https://www.one4allrewards.ie/activate

It's probably the best hidden part of their site.

Thank you Mountjoy Mugger and srameen

id say thats mysurvey gone for irish users.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

I received two survey invites from Lifepoints today. I got screened out of one and the other didn't load.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Why are Lifepoints not showing what rewards are on offer and for how many points.Seems strange to me.Got an offer of a survey for 30 pts but for 30 mns.What is this worth?I'd like to know.Seems like something strange going on with this site,and until I know what my time is worth they can get lost.What are they hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

laoise09 wrote: »
    I received two survey invites from Lifepoints today. I got screened out of one and the other didn't load.

Same here.Got one survey for 30mns for 30 pts and later another for 90pts for 20mns,figure that one out.Both would'nt load.Close to marking this site as SPAM.Anyone feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I'm up to about 9 invites with lifepoints at this stage,
    I completed 1, the rest either don't exist or crash right at the start.
    I asked about the rewards section being missing on their online chat, they said they're having problems with it and hope to be back up soon.
    So take what you want from that, lol.

Bojill wrote: »
    I'm up to about 9 invites with lifepoints at this stage,
    I completed 1, the rest either don't exist or crash right at the start.
    I asked about the rewards section being missing on their online chat, they said they're having problems with it and hope to be back up soon.
    So take what you want from that, lol.

Yeah i'd say it's gone too - i certainly won't be doing any of their surveys til i know i'm going to get something for it.
    They were flaky enough with rewards when it was mysurvey - took nearly a month to get a 25euro amazon.co.uk digital voucher from them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

Has any1 else had their IO account suspended for a 2nd time?? Mine was suspended earlier this yr - usual old guff about 'inaccuracies & inattention' - they backed down when I made it clear I would report them to the Data Commissioners both here and in the UK, and also Trading Standards in UK. My account was reinstated - all seemed ok, although I was getting a lot less surveys than before, thanks to the infamous 'grey box'. Did surveys last Friday, and cashed out an amazon giftcard. Then.....nothing. No surveys since then. Contacted them on the live chat today, and was informed that my account had been 'flagged in a quality control review, and my account was under investigation'. I asked why my account was under investigation, and the advisor refused to answer me - simply saying 'you will be notified of our decision via email'. When I said that was extremely unfair and not good enough, and said I had a right to know what I'm being accused of, the advisor terminated the chat. They really are an awful, underhanded shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Has any1 else had their IO account suspended for a 2nd time?? Mine was suspended earlier this yr - usual old guff about 'inaccuracies & inattention' - they backed down when I made it clear I would report them to the Data Commissioners both here and in the UK, and also Trading Standards in UK. My account was reinstated - all seemed ok, although I was getting a lot less surveys than before, thanks to the infamous 'grey box'. Did surveys last Friday, and cashed out an amazon giftcard. Then.....nothing. No surveys since then. Contacted them on the live chat today, and was informed that my account had been 'flagged in a quality control review, and my account was under investigation'. I asked why my account was under investigation, and the advisor refused to answer me - simply saying 'you will be notified of our decision via email'. When I said that was extremely unfair and not good enough, and said I had a right to know what I'm being accused of, the advisor terminated the chat. They really are an awful, underhanded shower.

Yes, mine was suspended twice and remains so. I checked again a few weeks ago to see if i could redeem the money they still owe me but no luck.

I hope they don't owe you too much.

• Advertisement

I have about 2 euros, so thank God I cashed out as soon as I reach the 10euro mark. The advisor said today, in answer to my question of what I am accused of "we haven't accused you of anything".....yet my account is suspended and being investigated. What BS. Found another blog on google - seems this has been going on awhile - there were ppl complaining on there as far back as 4 yrs ago about accounts suddenly being terminated by IO (usually with a fair amount of money owing) and being accused of dishonesty. Talk about the pot and the kettle......IO accusing ANYONE of dishonesty...........ROTF LMAO!!

yeah IO suspended my account a while back and after arguing with them, (i had to actually argue with them) they reinstated the account, and tbh the argument took all the fight out of me for IO, ended up closing the account myself, just using redc and swagbucks now because they're the only trustworthy ones left.

SB is crap though, and redc is very random

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wooper

I have 12 euro sitting in my IO account and my account appears to be frozen. I've had the grey box for two weeks now and can't redeem rewards. Messages were not replied to and a talk over the live chat was vague

'Have patience while we investigate'

Something smells fishy

yeah IO suspended my account a while back and after arguing with them, (i had to actually argue with them) they reinstated the account, and tbh the argument took all the fight out of me for IO, ended up closing the account myself, just using redc and swagbucks now because they're the only trustworthy ones left.

SB is crap though, and redc is very random

I quite like red c tbh they sent surveys sporadically but at least they pay well and don’t get screened out like IO

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

OpinionWorld are the same as IO. Asked them to double check and reinstate the account but no dice. Told Medux that I’m withdrawing from their project as a result because they never paid up and seems they only pay through OW.

Ok, so I did some ringing around this morning - I started with UK Trading Standards (as IO is registered there, rather than in Ireland). They said that I needed to contact the European Consumer Centre (01 8797620) as, when the contract was signed between myself and IO, it was signed in Ireland. So I rang the ECC, and was speaking to a very nice guy, who I explained IO's shennagians to. Basically, he said that a lot of these practices (suspending/blocking accounts without any/flimsy/false allegations and especially when the person in question has accumulated credit/points, and therefore is owed money) is a practice, that, in his opinion should be investigated, as he maintains that they may very well be sailing very close to the wind in terms of the law, and possible (allegedly) fraudulent practices. He said that, if true, that IO are breaching the terms and conditions of the contract between themselves, and us, the members, and that if they are going to suspend accounts on the basis of allegations against us, that they must provide evidence/proof, when asked, of how we have breached the T & C's. He also asked me how IO 'know' that the data I am entering in survey's is supposedly, flawed. I replied that, we each have a unique ID on the site, which is used for everything from accessing surveys to claiming rewards, and maintaining the profile, and that I presumed this is where they are getting their 'data' from, that includes details of my alleged misconduct. He told me that, in his opinion, that doesn't sound correct - he maintains that the data entered in surveys is all anonyimised and gathered at the end of the surveys, and that there is a certain margin for error built into that, so he reckons that, at the rate of inaccurate information IO is reporting, based on their accusations of members (I told him that I'm a member of a few forums, and that there have been a lot of people affected by these issues....don't worry, I mentioned no names!!) that there is, at the very least, suspicious practices going on with IO. I don't know about that, TBH, but will take his word for it, for now.

So he advised me to complain in writing to IO, and give them a timeframe to reply - if I receive no/unsatisfactory response, then to pass the complaint onto them. He also asked me to mention in the forum, that there IS ways and means of tackling this conduct by IO, and that they have the powers to at least, investigate and intervene - but they can only do that if people formalise the complaints and put them in writing to them. Otherwise, their hands are tied. So, that's what I am going to do, and I would advise all of you to do the same, if you can. It's the only way I think we will get anywhere, and at this stage, it's a matter of principle to me - why SHOULD honest people be swindled and accused wrongly by this shower?? That's why I am now determined to pursue this with IO, and give them a bit of stick!!

That’s a bit too far tbh why not just forget it and move on, each to their own I guess
    Good luck with it anyway

Because, as I said above, I refused to be falsely accused and suspended wrongly by IO! If they're doing nothing wrong, and truly are banning people 'in good faith' - then, they will have nothing to hide with the authorities, will they??! I refuse to be accused wrongly by this crowd - I can't just run out into the streets and accuse a person of goodness knows what, and then refuse to provide any basis(much less any proof) for the allegations I'm making, so why should they??

If they don’t want you as a customer forget about it
    You’re only winding yourself up over it and there are plenty of other companies out there that will accept you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Because, as I said above, I refused to be falsely accused and swindled by IO! If they're doing nothing wrong, and truly are banning people 'in good faith' - then, they will have nothing to hide with the authorities, will they?? I refuse to be slandered by this crowd - I can't just run out into the streets and accuse a person of goodness knows what, and then refuse to provide any basis(much less any proof) for the allegations I'm making, so why should they??

You were not slandered. Nobody has been slandered.

I think you've lost all sense of proportion on this.

Advertisement