Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If they don’t want you as a customer forget about it
    You’re only winding yourself up over it and there are plenty of other companies out there that will accept you

LOL v sweet of u 2care so much about my welfare, but u are a bit off centre!! Not all all 'worked up' - annoyed yes, with IO, but have bigger & better things to raise my blood pressure about LOL!! As for your point about them not wanting me as a customer, well, after this I am finished with IO anyway. That's not my point and never was - my point is why should IO get away with what they're doing?? If something can be done to put a bit of manners on them, then all for the good, I say!! Plenty ppl on here and on few other forums that lost money over it all - money that they earned honestly. It's a rotten, low down trick IO are doing, so I'm going to take my complaints as far as I can, and let IO deal with the authorities if they are doing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

You won’t get anywhere in the long run, Irish opinions have 8 million people on their database and have bigger and better lawyers to win
    I wouldn’t really call surveys earning money, to me it’s free money so if they suspend me then so be it. The rate the surveys are coming in lately I wouldn’t even notice tbh as the box for taking a survey is grey for the majority of the time.
    Seems to be popular to be outraged these days.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wooper

I understand the frustration with IO. I've used them for years with no problem so was surprised when my messages went unanswered and the person on live chat fobbed me off for a few more days with 'be patient'

Feel like I'll be doing well if they give me my 12 quid balance and let me go, I can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You won’t get anywhere in the long run, Irish opinions have 8 million people on their database and have bigger and better lawyers to win
    I wouldn’t really call surveys earning money, to me it’s free money so if they suspend me then so be it. The rate the surveys are coming in lately I wouldn’t even notice tbh as the box for taking a survey is grey for the majority of the time.
    Seems to be popular to be outraged these days.

IO owe me about 15 surveys payment, maybe more than that. If they had an issue with my response to any particular survey, then I would accept that, but they've withheld all payments due to me.

I'm normally the last person to be outraged but I'll reserve my right to be in this instance.

I've heard of ppl (allegedly) losing up to 70 euros in rewards thanks to IO closing their accounts. While I don't think any1 here would consider the vouchers 'earnings' (more like a bit of pocket money IMO), they still did earn the money honestly, in 99% of cases. Let's be honest here - it seems (allegedly) to be just an excuse to suspend/block ppl, especially if they have credit built up - similar to the craic they were at for a long time - getting ppl to do the surveys, answer a load of questions (NOT the usual profiling questions, but quite detailed info on consumer habits, etc - THEN throwing them out of the surveys. One guy on their FB age complained that he completed an ENTIRE survey, then was asked to re enter his details again, and then got the message 'sorry you do not qualify for this survey'. Basically, if that is not simply giving the middle finger to somebody, then I don't know what is!**we have your info collected, thanks very much, now sod off, u ain't getting a cent hahaha MUG!** seems to be the message here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you've been suspended it is because someone has found your data unusable and they haven't been paid for it; at least once but probably multiple times.

That can either be from it being contradictory or completely identical to another submission, e.g. having done the survey twice via different sites.

The cheap sites (Toluna, all Cint panels etc) to justify the risk of being booted off a better payer

Firstly, I'm not a member of any other survey sites - sure, I've checked a few out, but never bothered registering, because the rewards didn't suit/it took too many surveys, etc to build up to any decent reward, so its not that.
    I am at a loss to explain where these 'discrepancies' are that IO is alleging against me. My basic details haven't changed in the 8-9 yrs I've been with IO (apart from me, hubby and kids ages getting progressively older LOL), but apart from that I've been living in the same town, doing the same job (and hubby also) for years, so my basic data, marital status, etc hasn't changed at all, nor has my salary (unless u count the pay cuts 90% of us took in the bust). Most of the surveys I got were about stuff like banking, tv, phone, broadband and electricity providers, etc, and I always said the same thing on all surveys - that I've been with same providers of all these for yrs, and have no intentions of changing. Most other surveys were about supermarket shopping, what alcohol I drink, etc - again, these don't really change unless I take a notion and decide to shop in Aldi rather than Tesco's for a bit (decisions, decisions!!). Seriously, though, I really, honestly cannot fathom where they are getting these reports of discrepancies from. and seeing as they will not explain their allegations, then what am I, or any1 else to think, when you KNOW you have been honest?? There are so many identical stories to mine on this very thread, and on Trustpilot, and also on their FB page.
    I dunno - maybe it's all a giant conspiracy on behalf of all of us naughty people who have supposedly had multiple accounts/enteried BS data on surveys, and tried to pull the wool over the good people at IO!! LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭pgj2015

You would be mad to let your credit with IO go over 10 euro, cash out the minute it hits 10 euro every time, they only owed me 2 euro when they cut me from the panel so i didn't care but if i had say 50 euro built up, i wouldn't be too happy to say the least.

100% agree on cashing out after a tenner has built up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Survey just magically happened to fail on the last page after i hit submit... come on

• Advertisement

Dunno if ur comment was meant for me, but yes, I saw that complaint from some guy who complained in valued opinions FB page.

Agree with u on this completely, but I think quite a few ppl had probably been saving the vouchers up and didn't trust themselves not to spend them if they had them sent out earlier - then got caught out earlier this yr, when IO started this 'practice' of suspending accounts without warning. There are also complaints/allegations on Trustpilot of vouchers never being received after ordering, and of Boots and Tesco vouchers being declined or invalid when the person tried to use them instore. Myself, I've always received the vouchers and they worked, and luckily I have only a few euros balance on my IO account, as I cashed out last week, thank God. But, regardless of people being a bit silly, letting credit build up, it STILL doesn't excuse IO from the nasty, underhanded way they are treating ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    There are also complaints on Trustpilot of vouchers never being received after ordering, and of Boots and Tesco vouchers being declined or invalid when the person tried to use them instore.

I've been having problems with the Tesco giftcards from IO since the start of the year. Some don't work, and others stop working after some of the balance has been spent.

TBH, if I can't get Tesco themselves to fix the situation I will have to switch to Amazon credit from IO, and the return on investment is a lot less from that option.

I've been having problems with the Tesco giftcards from IO since the start of the year. Some don't work, and others stop working after some of the balance has been spent.

TBH, if I can't get Tesco themselves to fix the situation I will have to switch to Amazon credit from IO, and the return on investment is a lot less from that option.

The cards work fine for me, they arrive in the post and are spent straight away
    Shame the penny’s cards aren’t available

Hi, as I said above I have seen complaints about problems with the giftcards from IO....it just seems, added to the closing multiple accounts and throwing ppl out of surveys that are more than 40-50%completed, that IO is just now using every low, underhanded trick in the book to avoid paying panellists by fair means or foul.
    Did u know they are also refusing to take on new panellists?? It's on their FB page - some ppl were enquiring about joining, and IO replied that they are not taking any1 new on at present. Maybe heading for closure?? Who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

L1011 wrote: »

That can either be from it being contradictory or completely identical to another submission, e.g. having done the survey twice via different sites.

/QUOTE]

It's very possible that I've done the same survey on more than one site.

Regarding contradictory answers, there have occasions where I have had to give a contradictory answer

Here's an example.
    I've just completed a survey for a well known film production company. One question was "which of the following have you done in the past 12 months?" followed by a list that included options like "seen the brands film in a cinema" and "bought the brands product in a store"
    I answered "none of the above".
    The next question was "you said you've bought the brands product in a store, how this this impact you?

FFS!

This has occured on quite a few occasions. If survey companies can't word the surveys correctly, then they're hardly in a position to complain about the answers they are given.

It's notable that it appears to be only IO that people are having an issue with.
    I seem to getting about the same rate of surveys with all the other companies I'm a member of.

If I find a survey isn’t letting me give the answer I want to give I just close the survey rather than conradict myself
    If I recognize the survey I close the survey too

If I find a survey isn’t letting me give the answer I want to give I just close the survey rather than conradict myself
    If I recognize the survey I close the survey too
    And, yet....you've said so yourself....IO have STILL cut down ur surveys to virtually nothing.....

And, yet....you've said so yourself....IO have STILL cut down ur surveys to virtually nothing.....

The surveys have reduced from €10-€15 a week from Irish opinions down to €3 a week roughly and it could be a seasonal slow down, I don’t miss them tbh 20 minute survey for €1 and I can do the same on red c and get €5, plenty of options out there for free money

The surveys have reduced from €10-€15 a week from Irish opinions down to €3 a week roughly and it could be a seasonal slow down, I don’t miss them tbh 20 minute survey for €1 and I can do the same on red c and get €5, plenty of options out there for free money
    Yes, that seems to be generally what they do to ppl before banning them completely....if u ask them why, they say it's a bug in their systems (more lies IMHO). I don't know about RedC tbh....just have heard of ppl on forums saying the surveys are few and far btwn. Eg the €5 survey u might only get 1or 2 a month, wheras with IO, before they suspended me, I was getting maybe €10 a wk, so it's swings & roundabouts I suppose. Saw a new report of Trustpilot from another user they have suspended.....coming up to Xmas...lovely. Saw her on FB also...single mum...IO should be REALLY proud of themselves......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It had slowed from IO at the start of the month but I had €14.25 this week. They often have phases like this.

. Maybe heading for closure?? Who knows?

They're a profitable multi-million pound turnover company, so no - they're not heading for closure.

You need to completely tone down your language and suppositions here.

They're a profitable multi-million pound turnover company, so no - they're not heading for closure.

But someone said it on Facebook so it must be true :D

Yes, that seems to be generally what they do to ppl before banning them completely....if u ask them why, they say it's a bug in their systems (more lies). I don't know about RedC tbh....just have heard of ppl on forums saying the surveys are few and far btwn. Eg the €5 survey u might only get 1or 2 a month, wheras with IO, before they suspended me, I was getting maybe €10 a wk, so it's swings & roundabouts I suppose. Saw a new report of Trustpilot from another user they have swindled money from.....coming up to Xmas...lovely. Saw her on FB also...single mum...IO should be REALLY proud of themselves......

I’ve been with them for 7 years roughly and they seem fine to deal with and I’ve never been suspended

Don’t believe everything you read on trust pilot or online in general between spoofers and bots the majority of it is nonsense

Trustpilot is completely untrustworthy itself. You can pay to be allowed 'manage' review appearances on your own site; there are completely fake positive and negative reviews planted by companies or their competitors and so on.

Language? What language? I've not said a rude word to any1 here. I never said they were heading for closure -i said it was maybe a possibility. Keep ur hair on!

Language? What language? I've not said a rude word to any1 here. I never said they were heading for closure -i said it was maybe a possibility. Keep ur hair on!

"swindled" would be one major issue. Nobody has been swindled.

That was a moderation instruction, replying to it with "keep up hair on" is not advisable.

I’ve been with them for 7 years roughly and they seem fine to deal with and I’ve never been suspended

Don’t believe everything you read on trust pilot or online in general between spoofers and bots the majority of it is nonsense
    I never said I beleived it or not, but there has been so many complaints across different forums, all with more or less the same story, that it looks very bad form on IO's part. I can't speak for any1 but myself, but when you KNOW u have been honest, then u have every right to be annoyed. I was extra careful after my first suspension, and still got suspended again.

"swindled" would be one major issue. Nobody has been swindled.

That was a moderation instruction, replying to it with "keep up hair on" is not advisable.
    Ok fair enuf, I take it back. Thanks. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

As they might say around an octopus farm, there sure are a lot of suckers out there.

I’d only join something like that if I could answer any question with “Bonio Dog Biscuits”.

Advertisement