Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

As they might say around an octopus farm, there sure are a lot of suckers out there.

I’d only join something like that if I could answer any question with “Bonio Dog Biscuits”.
    Why's that then? As another poster here alluded to, I also have been a member with them for about 8-9 yrs, never had any problems with them, just did the surveys as best I could, and got my vouchers, no bother. The poblems only seemed to start around June of this yr, when there was a slew of similar 'allegations', shall we say, levelled at them, both here, in this very thread, and across other platforms (either true or not true....who knows?).
    As far as I'm concerned, while it lasted I did what they asked of me, for a reasonable reward. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just finished a survey with IO about internet and tv providers
    Quite a few questions came up twice and they also move around providers like vodafone was at the top of the selection box and then jumped to the third row down so if anyone gets that survey go slowly, I had an eye on the tv and nearly messed it up lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

L1011 wrote: »
    "swindled" would be one major issue. Nobody has been swindled.

That was a moderation instruction, replying to it with "keep up hair on" is not advisable.
    I have removed the offending word 'swindling' from my previous posts, and also put in the word 'alleged' into anything that might be musconstrued. Apologies for any misunderstanding. Thanks for the guidelines ;-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Why's that then? As another poster here alluded to, I also have been a member with them for about 8-9 yrs, never had any problems with them, just did the surveys as best I could, and got my vouchers, no bother. The poblems only seemed to start around June of this yr, when there was a slew of similar 'allegations', shall we say, levelled at them, both here, in this very thread, and across other platforms (either true or not true....who knows?).
    As far as I'm concerned, while it lasted I did what they asked of me, for a reasonable reward. Nothing wrong with that.

Frankly I’d get more of a kick out of the dog biscuit answers but YMMV.

ireach website is giving me the 505 server error which is weird i wanted to cash out
    shopand scan vouchers need to be ordered now for christmas if anyone is signed up to them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ireach website is giving me the 505 server error which is weird i wanted to cash out
    shopand scan vouchers need to be ordered now for christmas if anyone is signed up to them

Yes, their server seems to be down. No unusual for them. The site is dead slow and stop at the best of times.

Yes, their server seems to be down. No unusual for them. The site is dead slow and stop at the best of times.

Must be using a cheap server

For any1 here having 'alleged' issues with IO, or any other market research site, it might be worth a call or an email to the MRA or ESOMAR.

Hello and welcome to joe Duffy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭pgj2015

For any1 here having 'alleged' issues with IO, or any other market research site, it might be worth a call or an email to the MRA or ESOMAR.

let it go. life is too short to be worrying over something so trivial. there are plenty of other sites to use.

• Advertisement

Getting a good run from IO the past week. I check in every time there's a new post in this thread. :) Just cashed out for £20 Amazon voucher - received them immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Getting a good run from IO the past week. I check in every time there's a new post in this thread. :) Just cashed out for £20 Amazon voucher - received them immediately.

looks like I'm in the dog house again with IO.My survey box has gone to the dreaded grey over the weekend.Just managed to claim a €10 Tesco voucher a couple of days before.Just cant understand why this is happening.This is the third time this year it has happened to me.I am pis*ed of with IO now as I am so careful with my "attentiveness".
    By the way ,anyone find out what the "rewards" are from this new spam site Life Points.It won't allow me entry to the rewards site?Got quite a few offers of surveys from them but didn't do any.No idea what these 140,110,90 pt surveys are worth.

bmc58 wrote: »
    looks like I'm in the dog house again with IO.My survey box has gone to the dreaded grey over the weekend.Just managed to claim a €10 Tesco voucher a couple of days before.Just cant understand why this is happening.This is the third time this year it has happened to me.I am pis*ed of with IO now as I am so careful with my "attentiveness".
    By the way ,anyone find out what the "rewards" are from this new spam site Life Points.It won't allow me entry to the rewards site?Got quite a few offers of surveys from them but didn't do any.No idea what these 140,110,90 pt surveys are worth

Do as I've just done - report the case to ESOMAR, UK Trading Standards, Data Commissioner (Ireland) and their UK equivalents, the ICO, asking for data held on you by IO, and explicit proof of any allegations they have made against you regarding your alleged 'misconduct'. They HAVE to give u that info according to the data commissioner - don't be fobbed off. Email IO, inform them explicitly that you refute their allegations, and warn them of the actions u intend to take. Give them a reasonable time frame (say 10 days) to respond - then if they ignore u/give unsatisfactory response to u, then open cases with all the above. BTW, the guy I spoke to from ESOMAR (market research regulatory body) says there is NO WAY that IO or any other market research company can have any way of knowing which survey participant any particular data comes from, as it's anonymised. He says the only exception to this is where they ask within the survey if you agree to your data being made available - and u agree to it. Just a little tip there ;-)). Look, it just takes time, but there ARE ways and means of fighting back - u just have to do it through the proper channels, and it takes time and patience. I've given IO a few nice little cases to chew over and work on - an early Christmas present from me LOL - the old Grinch that I am!!!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would advise you check the T&Cs - you can "fight back" all you want but if they decide not to offer you surveys going forward there is no way to force them.

You may - not guaranteed - get whatever credit you had with them, but if they can prove non-payment from an upstream client for a specific survey you won't. That's it.

Please write full words and not txtspk.

Gone from being grey for ages to getting non stop surveys now from Irish opinions, I’ve got €8.50 today alone so that will all come in handy for Christmas shopping

Bmc58 keep the faith the box will go yellow again
    Don’t stress yourself out complaining like blue topaz life’s just too short

L1011 wrote: »
    I would advise you check the T&Cs - you can "fight back" all you want but if they decide not to offer you surveys going forward there is no way to force them.

You may - not guaranteed - get whatever credit you had with them, but if they can prove non-payment from an upstream client for a specific survey you won't. That's it.

Please write full words and not txtspk.
    If they do decide that, then so be it! Not too bothered about my balance as I've only got about €2 on there LOL. Maybe someone that HAS lost a bit of money with them might find the info I've posted helpful though.

If they do decide that, then so be it! Not too bothered about my balance as I've only got about €2 on there LOL. Maybe someone that HAS lost a bit of money with them might find the info I've posted helpful though.

You have €2 with them :rolleyes: ???
    Jaysus I wouldn’t want to owe you a tenner

You have €2 with them :rolleyes: ???
    Jaysus I wouldn’t want to owe you a tenner
    Just as well you don't then :-)) !!!. BTW, bmc58's case may be slightly different to mine - my accounts been suspended....he said he's just getting the grey box...which can stay like that for days, without necessarily being suspended.

The grey box just means there are no surveys currently available.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

The grey box just means there are no surveys currently available.
    Right I've been in that situation for over two weeks now and decided at the weekend to email "help desk" "to enquire why the grey box is contiually there!!! Co-incidence I got no explanation but I DID get an email from I O today offering a survey and I was able to access two more (€1 each) from the dashboard!! That's a record for me ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    This is amusing to say the least!!!!

• Advertisement

burkemg wrote: »
    Right I've been in that situation for over two weeks now and decided at the weekend to email "help desk" "to enquire why the grey box is contiually there!!! Co-incidence I got no explanation but I DID get an email from I O today offering a survey and I was able to access two more (€1 each) from the dashboard!! That's a record for me ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I’ve emailed them several times over the grey box issues and they never answer the Grey box query directly but they seem to send a survey straight after and they box goes yellow for a while again

burkemg wrote: »
    Very interesting.I will do the same next week and await developments.But getting fed up with this carry on from IO after been a member for years.

I’ve emailed them several times over the grey box issues and they never answer the Grey box query directly but they seem to send a survey straight after and they box goes yellow for a while again
    Been there done that,and seems I must do this carry on again.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Been there done that,and seems I must do this carry on again.

I’ve done the same cycle five or six times
    I’m not sure if the emails are getting me anywhere but the surveys seem to flow again anyway

I’ve done the same cycle five or six times
    I’m not sure if the emails are getting me anywhere but the surveys seem to flow again anyway
    You just never know with them.....I did the same 2 weeks ago.....emailed because I was getting no surveys, and asked if there was a problem with my account....they assured me all was fine....got a few more surveys from them - then a week later my account was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wooper

After patiently waiting to hear back from IO about my frozen account I got a reply from one member of staff at 2 o'clock this morning (where are these people based?) telling me that my account should be back up and running soon. Then just now (9pm same day) I get a reply from someone else accusing me of having multiple accounts and there being issues with the quality and consistency of my answers, ya know just a list of things that I had in no way been doing.

Have to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just €1 shy of the €50 mark on RedC. Haven't bothered with IO in a while - people getting locked out / suspended has put me off a bit.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just €1 shy of the €50 mark on RedC. Haven't bothered with IO in a while - people getting locked out / suspended has put me off a bit.

Refresh your emails non stop lol
    It’s a great feeling to hit the €50 and with a bit of luck you get it before the end of the month so it comes before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

After getting my fourth €50 cheque from redc this year and up to €25 already for the next, io can kiss my ass with the carry on of them over the last few months, been doing swagbucks since I got the freezer from io and have €30 in my PayPal account from them, it takes a while but no problem from them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

My partner is it my survey and when they changed over to new crowd hasn't been able to do any survives until today, after doing 6 surveys in a row just now so all seems ok

Advertisement