Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

My partner is it my survey and when they changed over to new crowd hasn't been able to do any survives until today, after doing 6 surveys in a row just now so all seems ok

Have you been able to access their rewards section to see what you can get for your efforts?I have not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

L1011 wrote: »
    Trustpilot is completely untrustworthy itself. You can pay to be allowed 'manage' review appearances on your own site; there are completely fake positive and negative reviews planted by companies or their competitors and so on.
    Total nonsense.

Read the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

bmc58 wrote: »
    Have you been able to access their rewards section to see what you can get for your efforts?I have not.

Will let ya know Bmc, nearly at a cash out so I'll post back of its yay or nay ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Total nonsense.

Read the reviews.

It’s not nonsense Trustpilot is not a trustworthy review site
    Fake reviews galore by bots
    You can pay them to edit reviews too

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Total nonsense.

Read the reviews.

The reviews which could be entirely false positive or negative?

It's useless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Total nonsense.

Read the reviews.

I'd never looked at trust pilot before, so was interested in what it showed. IO has 75% at 4* or 5* yet 2* overall. That makes no sense.

I looked at a few businesses I would rate highly and they were all 3* or lower. I think it looks like people often go on there just to lash out at a company because most giving poor reviews have only make one or two reviews.

The reviews which could be entirely false positive or negative?

It's useless

Have you read them.?

No you obviously haven't.

Have you read them.?

The entire website is known to be flawed

I'd never looked at trust pilot before, so was interested in what it showed. IO has 75% at 4* or 5* yet 2* overall. That makes no sense.

I looked at a few businesses I would rate highly and they were all 3* or lower. I think it looks like people often go on there just to lash out at a company because most giving poor reviews have only make one or two reviews.

Yes it does make sense. The ratings are reflective of the the most recent reviews.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The entire website is known to be flawed

Is it?
    I' ve looked on line but but I'm not convinced. Please show me otherwise..

• Advertisement

Have you read them.?

I've read reviews of many businesses there. The site name is a lie - you cannot trust anything on it.

I've read reviews of many businesses there. The site name is a lie - you cannot trust anything on it.

If you have such a negative opinion of the site, then why have you read so many reviews on it?

There must be some reason.......

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BlueTopaz

Is it?
    When I contacted UK trading standards, the European Consumer Agency and Consumer Affairs, and was explaining the problems I was having with IO, they all referenced Trustpilot....it seemed to be the first port of call they referenced.

If you have such a negative opinion of the site, then why have you read so many reviews on it?

There must be some reason.......

State what you're implying, thanks.

Regardless of the Trustpilot reviews, there are also many complaints here, on this very thread, about Irish Opinions 'alleged' conduct......

Is it?

There was a bbc investigation in May this year showing us how reviews for Trustpilot and other review websites were being bought and sold on eBay.
    If anyone chooses to believe Trustpilot then so be it but it’s a bogus website and loads of investigations have proved that.

BlueTopaz wrote: »
    Regardless of the Trustpilot reviews, there are also many complaints here, on this very thread, about Irish Opinions 'alleged' conduct......

People tend not to comment about things when it’s all sunshine and lollipops so generally it will be people moaning

There was a bbc investigation in May this year showing us how reviews for Trustpilot and other review websites were being bought and sold on eBay.
    If anyone chooses to believe Trustpilot then so be it but it’s a bogus website and loads of investigations have proved that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43907695

Also Private Eye coverage earlier in the year on how one of the UK online estate agents has an arrangement to remove all negative comments

When I contacted UK trading standards, the European Consumer Agency and Consumer Affairs, and was explaining the problems I was having with IO, they all referenced Trustpilot....it seemed to be the first port of call they referenced.

First result for them when they googled it lol

First result for them when they googled it lol
    So what?? And a girl that put up a review just last Saturday was no faker or bot - I spoke to her on Facebook. And are all the others that complained here over the past 8-9 months also liars or 'bots'??

• Advertisement

So what?? And a girl that put up a review just last Saturday was no faker or bot - I spoke to her on Facebook. And are all the others that complained here over the past 8-9 months also liars or 'bots'??

I didn’t say that at all
    I just said trustpilot cannot be a trusted review website

Irish opinions has millions of happy customers between companies and panelists, always going to be some unhappy punters falling through the cracks of the algorithm or could be making mistakes on surveys or even doing the same survey on multiple sites
    Who knows

I didn’t say that at all
    I just said trustpilot cannot be a trusted review website

Irish opinions has millions of happy customers between companies and panelists, always going to be some unhappy punters falling through the cracks of the algorithm or could be making mistakes on surveys or even doing the same survey on multiple sites
    Who knows

As I said before, I can't speak for anyone else - just what I've seen and read. I don't have accounts with any other market research company, my basic details are the same as they've always been, and I've always done my best to answer the surveys to the best of my ability. That's all I know. Also, with others who have complained and claimed to have lost money with IO - some people claiming as much as 80euros gone - it's not right accusing them of lying on all surveys. Surely, even if they've made mistakes on 1 or 2 surveys, that doesn't wipe out the balance on all other surveys they have completed?? Bit too convenient in my humble opinion.

You say you’re not speaking for anyone else but keep mentioning other people for some reason.
    they could have lied, they could have done anything and nobody but themselves and irishopinions will know the truth

Join red c and forget about Irish opinions

As I said before. I don't speak for anybody else, never claimed to.....and the negative reviews are there for all to see. As you yourself have just stated only these people and Irish Opinions will know the truth - yet you accuse them of being bots and websites posting fake reviews!! DOH!!After the treatment I've received from IO for being a long term, honest panellist, I certainly would believe these people first. And, also many of them have stated that 1 year ago, they were happy with IO, and would have given excellent reviews - until the false allegations and account closures started.

I’m not accusing anyone in particular of being a bot, maybe you don’t understand I’m saying there are bots on Trustpilot and companies use fake reviews so trust pilot can’t be trusted as a review site
    I wouldn’t say I’m happy with Irish opinions but it’s a cash cow so I’m going to milk that cow until it’s dry and then forget about it

I’m not accusing anyone in particular of being a bot, maybe you don’t understand I’m saying there are bots on Trustpilot and companies use fake reviews so trust pilot can’t be trusted as a review site
    I wouldn’t say I’m happy with Irish opinions but it’s a cash cow so I’m going to milk that cow until it’s dry and then forget about it
    There are bots on every site I'm afraid - it's very hard to know what to believe online anymore. Just here, a short while ago - a user put up an offensive post, saying 'Paid c@@ts'. I have no idea who she was referring to - the post has now been removed - but there's no need for offensive language.
    I fully agree with you about it being a cash cow and milking it for as long as possible. Best of luck with it LOL! I'll check out RedC and swagbucks - thanks for the recommendation

Who's to say, also that it's not Valued Opinions themselves posting positive reviews or paying for them, as you've said. companies or people associated with them allegedly do this? Works both ways you know. They also (allegedly) removed several posts from their Facebook page where a lot of people complained. I've seen screenshots of these, so I know the complaints WERE posted, and spoke to a few people via Private Message on there. Why would Valued Opinions be removing the complaints if they suspended these people with good reason?? It's the same as when the guy on Live Chat function on IO told me the other day that my account was suspended.....he immediately closed the chat window before I could even ask him - again -WHY??. I wanted a REAL reason - not a generic copy & paste jobbie, like they've sent to almost everyone ; no evasive answers, just the truth as to the exact nature of these complaints they are alleging. I can only assume the reason he shut down the chat window so quick you'd think his pants were on fire LOL! - was because he knows full well that these allegations are unfair, untrue and false. Who knows - maybe he even feels a little ashamed of what he's doing - serves him right if he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

^^^Jeez. Life is too short. Let it go. Follow up how you wish and let us know when it's all sorted.

No idea who valued opinions are but I will say it again
    Trustpilot cannot be trusted as a review site, that means negative and positive reviews are mostly a load of nonsense, the site is bogus
    Facebook is Facebook and total nonsense also full of fake news and fake reviews and best avoided.

• Advertisement

Let it go

Advertisement