Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MelBri

Managed to get back on to IO after having been cut from the site before. Great to be able to do the surveys again but is it just me or have the rewards gotten smaller? 1euro for a 20min survey seems a lot less than what was being offered before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

MelBri wrote: »
    Managed to get back on to IO after having been cut from the site before. Great to be able to do the surveys again but is it just me or have the rewards gotten smaller? 1euro for a 20min survey seems a lot less than what was being offered before.

The payout has decreased for sure, I’m getting €2 for 10 minutes with other companies

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

The Irish Media Survey is closing at the end of the year, according to a message on their homepage.
    It says that they will "be honoring all commitments in terms of the rewards for taking part and the guaranteed voucher credit and will be in touch about that separately soon."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The Irish Media Survey is closing at the end of the year, according to a message on their homepage.
    It says that they will "be honoring all commitments in terms of the rewards for taking part and the guaranteed voucher credit and will be in touch about that separately soon."

I'm kind of glad. It is monotonous, very badly rewarded, and an often pointless exercise. I do them out of habit as much as anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

Anyone get their Red C cheque yet? This is my first, thought I'd have it by now.

• Advertisement

RioM wrote: »
    Anyone get their Red C cheque yet? This is my first, thought I'd have it by now.
    When did you request it ?
    They issue them at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's no request to it, they're auto issued

L1011 wrote: »
    There's no request to it, they're auto issued

Ah that’s right
    So when was the €50 reached ?
    I got mine 3 weeks after the end of the month

OmegaGene wrote: »
    When did you request it ?
    They issue them at the end of the month

I got notification that they were issuing it, just missed expected the December ones would be out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I know this has being probably asked 100 times already on this thread but what websites are you guys using that you can bring in 50e a month?

I haven't done surveys in quite a few years but never pulled in cash like that.

• Advertisement

killanena wrote: »
    I know this has being probably asked 100 times already on this thread but what websites are you guys using that you can bring in 50e a month?

You need to be in a demographic that has fewer people partaking in surveys. Females 25-44 would be the highest and get the least surveys, 75+ females probably the lowest. Older and younger (to an extent), and across the board male would have fewer people doing them; the difference at the highest ages is there are more men using the internet at all at that age.

IO would usually be the highest individual earner but with a vastly higher amount of surveys as they don't pay a large amount per survey. RedC and Acumen would be the highest payers but €100/year on RedC and €50/year on Acumen would be average.

Of the main sites only RedC pays actual money - the rest are vouchers.

This is my first payout from then. Started last Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Checked my earnings for the year just there. I only did RedC this time, I just wasn't bothered doing IO or anything else. Maybe next year I'll pick it up again, check out the new website design.

€150 so far this year, with another €46 in the account so I might be able to make it to €200 before the end of the month. Pretty happy with that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did a quick check on the main ones:

RedC €150
    Irish Opinions €225
    Mobrog €60
    Acumen €90
    Ideas Panel €60
    Opinion World €76

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

I'm waiting for one too.Takes three weeks.Too late for Christmas now though with waiting for five working days for the cheque to clear in bank.But Red C are reliable,it will come in the next few days.

With Red C it usually takes me three months or so to get to the 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

bmc58 wrote: »
    With Red C it usually takes me three months or so to get to the 50.

€200 a year each the two of us in the house earn from them.

red c update

Recently, we have been receiving an increased number of queries regarding our payment methods and timing.

We have summarised the answers to many common questions, including this one, in the FAQ section. A link can be found in the top right corner of your screen.

Again, here is how our payments system works:
    Our payment threshold is 50 points
    One point equals €1
    We pay in cheques only
    The system is automated so you don`t need to redeem or claim your rewards. They are processed automatically. You only need to keep your details updated so we can send your rewards to the correct address.
    Cheques are being issued in the beginning of each month. This means that if you have reached 50 points in May, your cheque will be issued in the beginning of June
    We are sending over 1000 cheques each month so it takes us up to two weeks to process and dispatch them all. Please be patient.

Got my Red C cheque today.Nice for week after Christmas when it clears in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Got my Red C cheque today.Nice for week after Christmas when it clears in the bank.

Same here.
    Does anybody know why they only use 95c stamps?

• Advertisement

Got my Red C cheque today.Will be nice for next week when it clears in the bank.

Same here.

Discount for bulk buying

Same here.

No,I thought it was €1 for a letter.But theres no water mark on my 95c stamp so I'll use the stamp again,ha,ha.

No,I thought it was €1 for a letter.But theres no water mark on my 95c stamp so I'll use the stamp again,ha,ha.

95c is only for bulk mail, so it should be rejected if put in a conventional postbox (though there are some bulk mail postboxes around the IFSC and other business-dense areas)

That said, I got a card last week with a 77c stamp on it from a few years ago!

By the way back on IO again (third time) and claimed a €10 Tesco voucher today no problem. Was given a set or rules too,

One was to do no more than THREE surveys a day.
    Dont have duplicate accounts.
    Be attentive and truthful etc.
    The three surveys a day is a new one on me.

Will do them as I always did and see how long it lasts.Never letting my account go above €10 though.

L1011 wrote: »
    95c is only for bulk mail, so it should be rejected if put in a conventional postbox (though there are some bulk mail postboxes around the IFSC and other business-dense areas)

That said, I got a card last week with a 77c stamp on it from a few years ago!

Thanks,didn't know that.Will top it up with a 5c stamp to be sure.

Got my Red C cheque today.Will be nice for next week when it clears in the bank.

Got mine too. Nice :-)

By the way,Claimed €10 Pay Pal from Life Points no problem.Was in my PP account after 4 days.Much faster than the old My Surveys.But not doing many surveys on LP now as I'm back on Irish Opinions as both of them seem to use Cint and don't want to duplicate any.Am I being too careful?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

IO have dried up last two weeks, may be time of year. €20 in first 2.5 weeks of December €3 since 20th!

• Advertisement

IO have dried up last two weeks, may be time of year. €20 in first 2.5 weeks of December €3 since 20th!

I don’t think it’s the time of year I have had plenty from them but can’t be bothered doing them

Advertisement