Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Westeros wrote: »
    Double check that pop-ups aren’t blocked. That was happening me for a while.

Not all heroes wear capes
    Thanks a million

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »
    Quite a few irish opinion surveys I have listed end up either being fulfilled or something is wrong. When I click a survey, it just brings me back to the log in page.

One thing I've noticed with Irish Opinions is there may be some listed on the home page to do, but these wont work for me. Its only when I click a survey through an email notification that it actually starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Two or three completed, five days a week, since the new IO web page.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

Funny that, any email I get from them since the new website started I click on the link and it throws me back to the home page saying no surveys available!! I've done a few from the Web page but usually only get in on one out of three or four which are showing as being available!! ote="GBX;109154858"]One thing I've noticed with Irish Opinions is there may be some listed on the home page to do, but these wont work for me. Its only when I click a survey through an email notification that it actually starts.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

anyone know how long it takes REDC to send a cheque? was processed on the 2nd of this month for 50quid but still nothing in the post yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

anyone know how long it takes REDC to send a cheque? was processed on the 2nd of this month for 50quid but still nothing in the post yet
    About three weeks.Don't worry RED C are the most reliable of survey companies.It will arrive soon.I never had a problem with them for over seven years.

bmc58 wrote: »
    About three weeks.Don't worry RED C are the most reliable of survey companies.It will arrive soon.I never had a problem with them for over seven years.

first time using them, i know they're reputable and all, i'm just concerned that the post was/is late as it was processed on the 2nd, should be next week so, ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They never print them when you get the email, always later in the month. Mine hasn't arrived yet either

L1011 wrote: »
    They never print them when you get the email, always later in the month. Mine hasn't arrived yet either

arrived this morning :D ta

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So I've been doing some research on other discussion forums and reddit, leading me to sign up to the below.

This first one is UK based, but does seem to have an Irish flavour in it. There is a massive profile section to fill in, and keep an eye for the trick question.
    https://www.prolific.ac/

This next one us run by Amazon, and I'm surprised I have not heard of it before. Pay out seems low per task, but the first hurdle is getting validated.
    https://www.mturk.com/

I have a third one I'm trying to get my head around, but will see how it goes before fully sharing, in case it's not the real deal. You do need a LinkedIn profile though, as that's how they validate you.

• Advertisement

Mechanical Turk payout can't even be described as "low". "pathetic" is a bit more accurate.

delly wrote: »
    So I've been doing some research on other discussion forums and reddit, leading me to sign up to the below.

This first one is UK based, but does seem to have an Irish flavour in it. There is a massive profile section to fill in, and keep an eye for the trick question.
    https://www.prolific.ac/

This next one us run by Amazon, and I'm surprised I have not heard of it before. Pay out seems low per task, but the first hurdle is getting validated.
    https://www.mturk.com/

I have a third one I'm trying to get my head around, but will see how it goes before fully sharing, in case it's not the real deal. You do need a LinkedIn profile though, as that's how they validate you.

I had a look at those and I'm not impressed, to say the least. Will you come back in 6 to 8 months and let us know how much you have cashed out since?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I had a look at those and I'm not impressed, to say the least. Will you come back in 6 to 8 months and let us know how much you have cashed out since?

Not sure if I'll be able to get WiFi from the Caribbean island I'll have purchased with my loot, but I'll try!

delly wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll be able to get WiFi from the Caribbean island I'll have purchased with my loot, but I'll try!

Do they have a Caribbean monopoly game now ?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Do they have a Caribbean monopoly game now ?

Monopoly cheaters edition :pac:

I'm on Europinions for about 3 &1/2years and did get a €30 pay out about eighteen months ago.I'm at €27 now and got two surveys in the past two days,completed them both but on the last request (Submit Survey) I got an error message and survey disappered.Couldn't get back in to finish it.Is this strange?To happen twice just when I am nearing a cashout is worrying.Anyone else on Europinions have a similar expierence?

I'm on Europinions for about 3 &1/2years and did get a €30 pay out about eighteen months ago.I'm at €27 now and got two surveys in the past two days,completed them both but on the last request (Submit Survey) I got an error message and survey disappered.Couldn't get back in to finish it.Is this strange?To happen twice just when I am nearing a cashout is worrying.Anyone else on Europinions have a similar expierence?

Happened me today with two surveys (1 europinions), both were from Surveyrouter.

Did an IO survey out of boredom today that took well over an hour - Kantar one on virtually everything. I can't remember how much it said it paid. Anyone else get it and remember?

Found I had my IO balance to 0.00 - got it to 20 and cashed out - and my Userneeds one to 10 points (sub 1 cent) :pac:

I'm just over a week into the two sites that I signed up for and posted about above, so thought I'd give a very early review for anyone that is interested.

The first is Prolific, and this has seen me take a few standard type surveys that you would all be used to. You don't get emailed when a survey is up for inclusion, however you have to monitor the 'studies' page on the website to reserve your place when one does pop up. I have not had that many, but most of the low value ones were done in 4 to 6 minutes. If I recall the one valued at £0.30 had three questions total. The one for £3.80 took about 20 minutes. As I have reached the £5 threshold, I can cash out to Paypal whenever I like. You pay the Paypal fees however, so it is worth holding out a little bit in order to reduce that fee.

430.jpg

The second is Amazon Mechanical Turk, or MTurk for short. This has been a whole different ball game and is just an unbelievable place to even know it exists. First off, you cannot get cash from Mturk, unless you are resident in the US or India. All other 'turkers' can only be paid by amazon.com giftcard balances. This can only be amazon.com and can't be transferred to amazon.co.uk. Now that sounds like a lost deal straight away, but I have been doing some shopping lists on amazon.com and I have stuff lined up to purchase, mainly from china based sellers. A lot of them offer free international shipping, but even Amazon's own shipping form the US is not too high. There are risks of import fees, but that is a different worry.

In terms of pay, it is the absolute bottom of the bucket rates, but the tasks themselves are even more bizarre. There are standard surveys, but aside from these I have had to:
    Identify fish and draw their outline from an underwater picture
    Transcribe audio from people giving audio evaluations on products
    Put red dots on peoples faces in a crowd
    Identify and draw blocks around plates at a Chinese/Japanese restaurant, from pictures taken with an overhead camera
    Engage in a conversation with a chatbot
    Give sample answers that a chatbot would use.
    I could go on, but its clear that a lot of the high tech AI that we have in so many systems, only comes about from some poor human sucker who is feeding the learning examples to the respective program.

I have included my current earnings for the last week, although they are not complete. Once you submit a 'hit', the 'requester' has to approve your work and then you get paid. You can cash out to Amazon once a day, but only after you have worked your first 10 days, so I will be doing this in 2 or 3 days.

Regarding pay, there are some tasks that pay only $0.01, with other going to $0.10 or up to $1. It all varies, but aside from the time on the task itself, you spend time finding the right task. As a non US person, most tasks are excluded from my list, but there are some good ones that will open up once I get past my first 1,000 hits, as requesters have the choice to put this rule into their conditions.

In terms of time, what you see here is the result of an hour to an hour and a half each night, but note that it is done while watching netflix/youtube on the second screen and this on the first, so is not dedicated time. I still have some pending, but that equates to $2 to $3 dollars an hour which is ridiculous tbh, but there is a bit of experiancel you start to buildup and look to get the higher paying hits, that in itself has a bit of a buzz. I don't know how, but I got a game testing hit that was half an hour and it paid $8, but this is very much the exception that proves the rule. Anyhow, just thought I'd give some early feedback, feel free to ask any questions.

471383.jpg

Been waiting almost five weeks now for an IO €10 voucher.Ordered another one last week (not ever letting it go beyond €10 again).But got a strange reply from IO last week ,though confirming my request,was told that the Tesco vouchers cannot be spent in Tesco petrol stations for fuel from the 26th March.Strange one that.

• Advertisement

Been waiting almost five weeks now for an IO €10 voucher.Ordered another one last week (not ever letting it go beyond €10 again).But got a strange reply from IO last week ,though confirming my request,was told that the Tesco vouchers cannot be spent in Tesco petrol stations for fuel from the 26th March.Strange one that.

Amazon vouchers arrive in under 30 seconds now. Big change.

Penny’s e-vouchers are also quick and painless

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Penny’s e-vouchers are also quick and painless

...Except for the printing costs. I use my One4All vouchers in Penneys anyway. Got a free (faux) fur coat with 2x€10 Penneys vouchers and a €15 One4All voucher last year, so I'm happy out! :D:cool:

...Except for the printing costs. I use my One4All vouchers in Penneys anyway. Got a free (faux) fur coat with 2x€10 Penneys vouchers and a €15 One4All voucher last year, so I'm happy out! :D:cool:

15 cent in the library to print a sheet, great way to use the pesky brown money

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

sugarman wrote: »
    irish_goat wrote:
    They do mention combining cards online but say you have to post them in and pay a fee. Will try this though.
    I just called their customer care number to query it and she said no problem, wasnt charged any fees or anything.

Just to update, I phoned All4One there and was told the only way to combine was to post them in and be charged a fee. I must have gotten someone different on the phone from yourself.

I've now got €15x6 and was told by Supervalu it's one per transaction so I wasn't able to do a big stockup on spirits as I'd planned when I called down to Buncrana at the weekend. These are turning out to be a wile hassle. Might just use them to buy pints in a Porterhouse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id previously gotten a very fast Amazon voucher from IO, and like BMC got the same reply last week when i redeemed €10 for Tesco. Waiting game now I suppose.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Just to update, I phoned All4One there and was told the only way to combine was to post them in and be charged a fee. I must have gotten someone different on the phone from yourself.

I've now got €15x6 and was told by Supervalu it's one per transaction so I wasn't able to do a big stockup on spirits as I'd planned when I called down to Buncrana at the weekend. These are turning out to be a wile hassle. Might just use them to buy pints in a Porterhouse now.

SV Lucan have taken multiple, but the till system needs a bit of bashing around. Self checkouts absolutely can't use more than one.

My mystery ultra-long survey was €5 it turns out.

Just wondering,if you have four €10 Tesco vouchers from IO and you do a regular grocery shop in Tesco will the four €10 vouchers be accepted at the checkout??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just wondering,if you have four €10 Tesco vouchers from IO and you do a regular grocery shop in Tesco will the four €10 vouchers be accepted at the checkout??

I used two before from what I know you just scan them!

• Advertisement

I’ve used 12 in one go without a problem

Advertisement