Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have also used 12 in one go (coincidentally - I actually had 22 because I'd kept an entire year's worth). Staff may get a bit weary but you can also use them at the self checkouts in multiples.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

L1011 wrote: »
    SV Lucan have taken multiple, but the till system needs a bit of bashing around. Self checkouts absolutely can't use more than one.

Old one I got on the till was a bit useless by the sounds of it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Currently 2.5 hours into a LifePoints survey which claimed to be 43 mins long. 1000 points reward. Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bilboss wrote: »
    Currently 2.5 hours into a LifePoints survey which claimed to be 43 mins long. 1000 points reward. Joke.

Anything more than 20 minutes is a big no from me

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Got screened out of a €5 Red C survey yesterday (first one I got in ages) on the animal sound question.Just couldn't decide whether it was a sheep or a cow.I found it hard to make a decision on the sound.I opted for sheep but of course it wasn't a sheep and bang survey gone.Anyone have a similar problem late with this or am I going a bit silly??Got a Red C for €3 today and completed it ,so back to normal.But annoyed on missing the one for €5.

• Advertisement

Baaa or moo ? Never had a problem with that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I got kicked out of a fiver Red C the other day on the VERY last question last week after spending nearly 40 minutes on it.
    "How many people including yourself in the household?". I thought it said "not" including yourself and spotted my mistake straight away but as it was the last question I didn't have time to go back before it booted me for contradicting myself.
    Really pissed me off.

I got kicked out of a fiver Red C the other day on the VERY last question last week after spending nearly 40 minutes on it.
    "How many people including yourself in the household?". I thought it said "not" including yourself and spotted my mistake straight away but as it was the last question I didn't have time to go back before it booted me for contradicting myself.
    Really pissed me off.

That caught me out for €3 and I appealed it but they told me to feck off basically

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Baaa or moo ? Never had a problem with that myself
    Ha,ha.Just could'nt make the sound out.Maybe the third can had an effect.

Really pissed me off.
    Been there done that ONCE only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I started doing these again last week and got up to €9 (already had about 5 from last time) but now, since the 31st of Jan, every survey I've tried to do it's told me I'm not suitable. I go in every day and there's always 2 or 3 but it won't let me do any of them. Getting a bit annoyed now as I'm close to a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thought a recent political Red C survey was poorly written. Do you agree with the following and many times I would agree with some of the statement or would feel "yes, but..."

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Thought a recent political Red C survey was poorly written. Do you agree with the following and many times I would agree with some of the statement or would feel "yes, but..."

Speaking of RED C,got 5 surveys today after only getting 2 since Christmas.Screened out of one (own fault a fiver one,four hours after I got the invite) but did the other four.A 4,4,3,3.Never got such a deluge from Red C before.Surveyed out now.Anyone else get five in a day from Red C?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,545 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bmc58 wrote: »
    Speaking of RED C,got 5 surveys today after only getting 2 since Christmas.Screened out of one (own fault a fiver one,four hours after I got the invite) but did the other four.A 4,4,3,3.Never got such a deluge from Red C before.Surveyed out now.Anyone else get five in a day from Red C?

I've never got five but I find there's no consistency with how they send them out.

I still have the €4 one for 120 minutes on offer from IO feck that

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Just finished that survey for €4 and it was weird, I think they were pushing us to select certain answers to fit an agenda
    Wait for the news over the next couple of days and it will be mentioned 100%.
    A survey I completed last week was on the news within 36 hours which is good going.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just an update on Amazon MTurk in case anybody is wondering, now that I am 20 days in. I have screen grabbed how many 'hits' I've done below along with the corresponding Amazon.com GC balance. TBH, I never thought I'd earn that much, but there is a certain satisfaction in routing the higher paid jobs out. Delivery from US is not that high on a lot of items as well, so just trying to decide what to buy and ensuring I'll fall outside the duty net. Another option is to save for something big and get someone to collect it in an Amazon locker when travelling to NY later this year.

472469.png

I still have the €4 one for 120 minutes on offer from IO feck that
    Yes,still getting that offer from IO.They can get lost from me too.€4 for two hours is not on.Think I did that survey on Life Points for roughly €10 so not doing the IO one.Keeping the head down on IO lately,doing the odd survey,carefully.By the way,got a €10 Tesco voucher from IO this week.Two months after I ordered it.Longest wait ever from IO.

Red c seem to be on a role giving out surveys I’ve got €12 from them today

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Anyone else finding IO a bit crap since the redesign?

It says I have 3 surveys available but clicking them just brings me to the no surveys available page. I don't even get the chance to be screened out. Never had this problem much before but it's almost daily now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

malcy wrote: »

It says I have 3 surveys available but clicking them just brings me to the no surveys available page. I don't even get the chance to be screened out. Never had this problem much before but it's almost daily now.

This is happening to me pretty much every day.

I did get lucky and managed to get a survey today, but after answering about 10-12 questions, about travelling to southern California, it kicked me out after I said I travel with my spouse. Wen't straight back to no surveys page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bmc58 wrote: »

been getting a good few since january, up to 30-odd quid now so far

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

malcy wrote: »

Exactly the same. I used to make anywhere between €5-10 per week with IO but since their redesign it's just ridiculous, about €5 since before Christmas. Have 3 surveys available most of the time but they're never available. Absolutely desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I know we've had a few complaints about the design/format of surveys over the years - it perplexes me greatly how some result in any kind of useful data for research.

The latest method of evaluation that escapes my understanding is the choice of a facial expression - eg Fear, Anger, Contempt, Surprise etc

I can only legitimately use the Happy or Neutral buttons for practically everything in these surveys. How can I FEAR a box of chocolates or summon ANGER for a bag of healthy snacks?

I managed to have contempt for one or two brands; but not quite in the manner expressed by the "model" (I assume some employees daughter press-ganged in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I know we've had a few complaints about the design/format of surveys over the years - it perplexes me greatly how some result in any kind of useful data for research.

The latest method of evaluation that escapes my understanding is the choice of a facial expression - eg Fear, Anger, Contempt, Surprise etc

I can only legitimately use the Happy or Neutral buttons for practically everything in these surveys. How can I FEAR a box of chocolates or summon ANGER for a bag of healthy snacks?

It's the exact same for me.

What's really starting to irk me is rating, or selecting attributes of, companies I only know by name, with no "none of these" or "I don't know" options.

Yeah those facial expressions are ridiculous, and they move the happy to different places sometimes

L1011 wrote: »
    I managed to have contempt for one or two brands; but not quite in the manner expressed by the "model" (I assume some employees daughter press-ganged in)

I thought it was a buy :confused:

I thought it was a buy :confused:

I'm making an assumption from the hair, which is of course not the most reliable thing to do!

• Advertisement

Hi all,got a handy €30 from Europinions today and yea it took a year and a half to get it to €30.I'ts only the second one in four years from EO.But what was good was that I ordered my money on FRIDAY and its in my Pay Pal today.That is fast.

Advertisement