Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

No, but mustn't there be some GDPR thing involved there?

Or is it just some kind of fictional/imaginary friend for survey purposes? As I say I've never had it so just wondering.

Gdpr gets thrown around a lot on boards
    You agree to share info as part of the survey and it’s just a random name they want as far as I can remember

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No, but mustn't there be some GDPR thing involved there?

Or is it just some kind of fictional/imaginary friend for survey purposes? As I say I've never had it so just wondering.

Oh, a first name only nonsense.

Oh, a first name only nonsense.

I used a universal name that would be commonplace in the states or the U.K. and it usually works

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I'm tempted to contact RedC to let them know that I will never complete a survey that requires the use of a webcam, so they can stop emailing me about them. If the survey requires me to be seen and heard, I'm out.

Does anyone here do these surveys?

Conchir wrote: »
    I'm tempted to contact RedC to let them know that I will never complete a survey that requires the use of a webcam, so they can stop emailing me about them. If the survey requires me to be seen and heard, I'm out.

When I signed up for red c I opted out of this when they asked

I’m a euro away for the cheque, time is running out :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Anybody ever get the telecoms surveys that ask you to name a friend you'd talk to about the topic, only to get thrown out when you enter a name, every time?

Yes.Put my wife's name in a couple of times(Nuala) got dumped.Them put my brother Francis in after that and got through a couple since.That's true.

OmegaGene wrote: »

And only 28 days in this month!How will this work as accounts are live up to the 29th of each month as a rule?

Definitely not me.I just delete the odd one of these that I get.A little bit too intrusive for me.Just delete them,don't bother contacting RED C .

Got a €1 survey from RED C today mostly about women v men in sport.You could get this one today/tomorrow.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Got a €1 survey from RED C today mostly about women v men in sport.You could get this one today/tomorrow.

Done that a few minutes ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They stopped sending me the webcam ones.
    I've a very emotionless stare and didnt react to anything.

I too refuse to use a webcam, but a few times I said No when prompted and the survey continued without webcam.

Done that a few minutes ago

Yahoo,well done you're there €50 on the way next few weeks.But downside..back to Zero.Ha,ha.

They stopped sending me the webcam ones.
    I've a very emotionless stare and dint react to anything.

Iv'e heard all Mods are robots?

Iv'e heard all Mods are robots?

Ah no the after hours mods are sound, sound asleep :pac:(only joking fresh popcorn)

2 days to get a euro survey !!! Come on red c don’t let me down

Ah no the after hours mods are sound, sound asleep :pac:(only joking fresh popcorn)

2 days to get a euro survey !!! Come on red c don’t let me down

Thought you got there with the €1 survey.Sorry.

Thought you got there with the €1 survey.Sorry.

No sadly not I need another euro to make the magic €50 I don’t think I’m going to make it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

How long do iReach take to issue vouchers generally? Redeemed my points a month ago, thought they’d have been fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bilboss wrote: »
    How long do iReach take to issue vouchers generally? Redeemed my points a month ago, thought they’d have been fairly quick

Anything up to a month I find.

Bilboss wrote: »

I redeemed Friday night and had my email Monday morning so maybe chase that one up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

anybody do mobrog surveys
    i do lots of their surveys but cannot my credit in to pay pal like i used to do
    hope they re not doing an irish opinions stunt

I do them and I'm getting payment to PayPal, no problem - as of last week.

Is mobrog any good compared to the likes of acumen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

I get screened out of about half of mobrog surveys and the incentive is only ok, but they do offer paypal and you can cash out at €5. Acumen offer brilliant pay for minimal effort just wish they sent out surveys more often :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I'm not qualifying for many surveys on Mobrog these days, but when I complete one, I try to keep a record of the survey number (if I'm taking it from the dashboard), the date, and the promised reward. So far, I haven't noticed any missing, but the incentive is often more or less than what was described in the link or invitation. And there is a delay in crediting. I hope it isn't about to fall apart like other sites as well.
    Overall, Mobrog seems to pay better. That being said, they changed the site around a bit months ago and introduced an alternative router to find surveys for ~40 cent. Since then, I have had fewer and fewer successful survey completions.

It takes me about a year to get enough to redeem on Acumen, but I got a survey worth 5.50 last week which put me over the limit for the second time in 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

Anything up to a month I find.
    It used to be two weeks or less. I've been waiting four weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jimdavey

i signed up for a similar survey but when i tried to give an answer to aquestion i got stuck on one button and it resolutely refused to move or even do anything at all.thesame page stayed open for days..so in the end i unsubscribed completely.

only solution

jimdavey wrote: »
    i signed up for a similar survey but when i tried to give an answer to aquestion i got stuck on one button and it resolutely refused to move or even do anything at all.thesame page stayed open for days..so in the end i unsubscribed completely.

only solution

What company are you referring to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Anyone else stuck on Q15 of an Acumen survey about Ice cream? I've answered the 14 part question about 20 times and it keeps on asking the same things over and over. I can't get it to move forward to Q16 - and it's a €5.50 reward, which makes it even worse.
    I've emailed and sent a screenshot for what it's worth ...

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Anyone else stuck on Q15 of an Acumen survey about Ice cream? I've answered the 14 part question about 20 times and it keeps on asking the same things over and over. I can't get it to move forward to Q16 - and it's a €5.50 reward, which makes it even worse.
    I've emailed and sent a screenshot for what it's worth ...

I got that too I thought they were trying to catch me out so I did it again and Ben it started all over again, I’ve emailed them too
    Nice reward shame there’s a glitch in the fecker

Advertisement