Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Anyone else stuck on Q15 of an Acumen survey about Ice cream? I've answered the 14 part question about 20 times and it keeps on asking the same things over and over. I can't get it to move forward to Q16 - and it's a €5.50 reward, which makes it even worse.
    I've emailed and sent a screenshot for what it's worth ...

Me too. I gave up on it as I thought the questions were repetitive until I noticed that I was doing the same one over and over again. Groundhog survey day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The acumen survey is fixed I’ve just completed it after getting an email from them

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The acumen survey is fixed I’ve just completed it after getting an email from them

Didn't get the email, but tried again this evening and it picked up where it left off, thankfully. It was one excruciatingly boring survey with some outlandish questions about emotional reactions to products and brands. Anyone feeling cosy and friendly with their household cleaning supplies!

Still, for €5.50 I tried to summon some - there was no option to feel none of those emotions, unfortunately.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Didn't get the email, but tried again this evening and it picked up where it left off, thankfully. It was one excruciatingly boring survey with some outlandish questions about emotional reactions to products and brands. Anyone feeling cosy and friendly with their household cleaning supplies!

Still, for €5.50 I tried to summon some - there was no option to feel none of those emotions, unfortunately.

All the surveys have stupidly worded questions but when a 20 minute survey comes calling for €5.50 I’m all over it, Irish opinions would have paid €1.50 for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

'...is a product for people like me...', because that's just the thought I have when I buy my toothpaste, and don't even get me started on how many people they want to know that I'd recommend it to, because that's what we talk about on Monday morning at the water cooler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Wooper

Wondering if anyone else had this survey lately, basically asking whether or not sexism exists in Ireland. Bit of a strange one I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

All the surveys have stupidly worded questions but when a 20 minute survey comes calling for €5.50 I’m all over it, Irish opinions would have paid €1.50 for that.

I'm so done with IO, recently the surveys take a lot longer for me than suggested in the e-mails and they pay feck all. Once I get to €20 again I'll close my account with them.

Space Dog wrote: »
    I'm so done with IO, recently the surveys take a lot longer for me than suggested in the e-mails and they pay feck all. Once I get to €20 again I'll close my account with them.

20 ? are you mad, cash out at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Well I almost have 20 now, so might as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Space Dog wrote: »
    Well I almost have 20 now, so might as well :D

Anyone getting any surveys from IO lately?I have the same three or four on my homepage for about a week now and cant do any of them.And I still have that two hour one for €4(never clicked on it),surely this must be closed by now.

• Advertisement

Wooper wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone else had this survey lately, basically asking whether or not sexism exists in Ireland. Bit of a strange one I thought
    Yes I had that one,from Red C.I found it ok,answered as truthfully as I could.

Wooper wrote: »

I had that one last week, all the surveys are strange
    How happy are you today ?
    How close are you to jam ?
    If jame was a friend, what kind of a friend would it be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

delly wrote: »
    '...is a product for people like me...', because that's just the thought I have when I buy my toothpaste, and don't even get me started on how many people they want to know that I'd recommend it to, because that's what we talk about on Monday morning at the water cooler!

Probably been mentioned-but the poor lady demonstrating facial expressions.
    Can't remember if it's acumen or red c,but she crops up a lot.
    Happy face,excited face,bored face,neutral face disgusted face,scared face etc.
    Why would I be scared of a yoghurt brand.Bored or neutral is the best I can up with.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned-but the poor lady demonstrating facial expressions.
    Can't remember if it's acumen or red c,but she crops up a lot.
    Happy face,excited face,bored face,neutral face disgusted face,scared face etc.
    Why would I be scared of a yoghurt brand.Bored or neutral is the best I can up with.

Yeah, that's red c. They should have a 'whatever' face, would apply to 90% of them.

Just a note on anyone having a survey drought, last week the surveys on Amazon mechanical turk changed. There is one requester who has thousands of surveys linked to different sites all over the world. Up to last week I would get random ones, but now getting all Irish ones like what you'd see on IO etc. It's possible that they or someone has found a cheaper way to get them filled, but interesting to hear if there will be a reduction going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Those intermediaries are usually using massively multiple accounts posing as normal users and get blocked from the upstream survey site when found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I do ipsos surveys and erewards. Are there any other survey sites you recommend. I'm looking for cash or amazon vouchers really, I'm U.K. based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I do ipsos surveys and erewards. Are there any other survey sites you recommend. I'm looking for cash or amazon vouchers really, I'm U.K. based.

UK based would be the likes of Power of Opinions and PopulusLive. There are many more in the UK but we wouldn't have access to them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭pgj2015

cloudatlas wrote: »

your say pays

pgj2015 wrote: »
    your say pays
    I'd avoid Your Say Pays. Tiny rewards, few surveys, no notification of available surveys and people have been leaving them in droves in the past year.

IO has picked up well recently.

No big money surveys but still €26.75 in the past two weeks.

Cash out to Amazon is almost instant - day out night - they must have automated it.

• Advertisement

Cash out to Amazon is almost instant - day out night - they must have automated it.

The surveys seem to be so much longer theses days and the rewards never change

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

I'm lucky to get a tenner every 2 weeks. Lots of surveys offered at times but they don't even get to the screened out stage. Can be 5 or 6 available and when you click to take one it just says no surveys available.

It's amazing how often the surveys completely dry up when you're a quid or two away from redeeming.

Amazon vouchers are in my inbox 30 seconds after redeeming though which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Anyone ever used all gifts points from acumen to redeem Penney’s vouchers? Are they accepted in most Penney’s? Can’t be bothered waiting to hit 50e threshold for Tesco

Kh1993 wrote: »
    Anyone ever used all gifts points from acumen to redeem Penney’s vouchers? Are they accepted in most Penney’s? Can’t be bothered waiting to hit 50e threshold for Tesco

Just used some last week from all gifts, all penny’s stores accept them and I noticed when I requested them it said penny’s Dublin but the e voucher was just a regular one the same as Irish opinions etc

pgj2015 wrote: »
    your say pays
    They also use Pay Pal.Short surveys for 10/20/30 p.Takes a while to get to the 20 pound pay out,but ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bilboss

Joined MyOpinionMatters at the weekend and got a nice €5 reward for joining. I did a quick 40c survey for them today, then just now I tried to do one with IdeasPanel and it was the same one :( Thought I was on to something there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

What would be the best Irish survey sites, apart from RedC? Is everybody doing Irish Opinions? What about OpinionWorld.ie?

Userneeds
    Life points
    Acumen
    I reach
    These all seem better than Irish opinions at the moment for me
    Red c is the best one though and can’t be beaten in my opinion

Kavrocks wrote: »
    What would be the best Irish survey sites, apart from RedC? Is everybody doing Irish Opinions? What about OpinionWorld.ie?
    Userneeds
    Life points
    Acumen
    I reach
    These all seem better than Irish opinions at the moment for me
    Red c is the best one though and can’t be beaten in my opinion

It seems to vary from person to person. While RedC pays well, I don't get many of them and would do well to get €200 a year. Ireach take me almost a year to get to a pay out. Acumen is steady, as is Mobrog. Irish Opinions gives me an average of €45 a month. Opinion World are regular but poor rewards per survey and a lot of 'sorry you don't match what we need for this survey'.
    I think it depends on your demographic when it cones to which is the best site.

• Advertisement

The reward from acumen is low but it’s a painless survey once I’m in a blue moon.
    Red c rewards are better per survey and €200 a year is about average and not bad at all.
    Irish opinions when I works can pay a tenner a week but feck me when it’s broken it’s painful,
    here’s a survey for you
    Oh you don’t qualify try this one €1 for 15 minutes
    13 minutes later blank screen

Advertisement