Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Irishchick wrote: »
    Ive had a payment pending for about 5 weeks. Is that normal?

It should never be pending for more than 28 days I think. If you're unsure of how long it's been pending, then chances are it's still fewer than 28 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is this Irish opinion's or some other site/app (which this thread isn't about)????
    There is an app for Irish opinion's? Didn't know that.

Apology accepted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Apology accepted :D

For what asking a question?

Anyone a link to this Irish opinions app, I've looked around for it and can't seem to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

My latest issue is when I go to do a survey I get the following message:

Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you can’t participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data you’ve provided.

If you need assistance or have any questions, please get in touch with our support team by sending any enquiries to enquiries@irishopinions.com

Tox

I'm experiencing this as well. I've been doing surveys for years with limited problems and plenty of rewards but this one has just cropped up and I've mailed them 6 times to try and rectify the problem with no response. I've no idea why I'm getting this message as i answer truthfully to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cgxx

Any one else having trouble with the site at the moment?

My balance hasn't been updated in over a month even though I've had about Eur10 in pending credits for over a month.

I've also tried emailing them a few times over the last month about missing credits and errors whilst taking surveys but I haven't received any replies. I usually get an automated reply and then a more personalized response.

I've received a few survey links this month but very few have let me complete the survey.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

cgxx wrote: »
    Any one else having trouble with the site at the moment?

My balance hasn't been updated in over a month even though I've had about Eur10 in pending credits for over a month.

I've also tried emailing them a few times over the last month about missing credits and errors whilst taking surveys but I haven't received any replies. I usually get an automated reply and then a more personalized response.
    I've had about €7 in total pending for a few weeks now, I don't really pay much attention to how long they've been pending so I can't give an exact time. I've thought they've been slower coming through recently than they had been in the past, but again because I don't really pay close attention that could just be my perception.
    I've received a few survey links this month but very few have let me complete the survey.
    I've completed a few surveys over the last month, no odd amount of rejections here - got that beverages survey that I never qualify for two or three times so that's upping the numbers a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I can't believe people are still doing these damned surveys and writing their complaints on here, all you have to do is read one page from this thread to see it's a <SNIP>.

Yes, some people will make a tenner after a few months, most will make nothing but you can be sure irish opinions will make a nice few quid from selling the information you enter on to companies etc.

ikeano29 wrote: »
    I can't believe people are still doing these damned surveys and writing their complaints on here, all you have to do is read one page from this thread to see it's a <SNIP>.

Yes, some people will make a tenner after a few months, most will make nothing but you can be sure irish opinions will make a nice few quid from selling the information you enter on to companies etc.

It's a complete false accusation to say that. I've made forty euro in about a year for doing next to nothing and while it's not significant money it's still a good help when I want something from Amazon.

Obviously they make a nice few quid from selling our surveys but that's how the whole business model works and I have no issue with them profiting from my surveys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've had a couple of hundred over the last 2 years.

definitely not a <SNIP>. its great for getting stuff on amazon.
    Ive about £50 sitting in my amazon account from vouchers which i'm adding to:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ah but they are making a fortune from your surveys, so it must be a <SNIP>..

.. wait a second everything must be a scam then because if you buy anything from a shop, garage, warehouse ect. the place your buying from makes money.

Thanks for opening my eyes to all these scams ikeano, never buying anything ever again now.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

It's not a <SNIP>, I've had loads of Amazon/HMV vouchers.

I don't really care if they make money selling information, I've never been asked for my name/address/phone number so they can do what they want with my opinions on Cider and Ham.....

Just wondering, how on earth have you got a few hundred euro? I get maybe two surveys a week and qualify for a little less than half of them I'd say.

Does filling out your profile fully help much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I dont like the stick that that website gets. i get a survey most days and usually qualify for it. i have earned €25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

robman60 wrote: »
    Just wondering, how on earth have you got a few hundred euro? I get maybe two surveys a week and qualify for a little less than half of them I'd say.

Does filling out your profile fully help much?

Of course filling out your profile helps. :rolleyes: So does your age group, location, marital status etc.

I get well over €100 a year from them. They pay the best of the 5 survey groups I take part in.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Anyone else having problems trying to check their account history or claiming vouchers?

I have €10.20 on my account now and when I go to claim it comes up with this and wont let me proceed.

We are sorry, the page you are trying to access does not exist.

This survey might be closed now.

By the way , did you know that by keeping your profile updated you will receive more surveys relevant to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

It got through 68% of the O2 Living Mobile survey, before getting dumped out with the 'we have enough responses' message - not a happy camper....

It got through 68% of the O2 Living Mobile survey, before getting dumped out with the 'we have enough responses' message - not a happy camper....
    I got booted at 69%, guess they've some really specific profile they're looking for.

Anyone else having problems trying to check their account history or claiming vouchers?

I have €10.20 on my account now and when I go to claim it comes up with this and wont let me proceed.
    I just claimed an Amazon voucher and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I got booted at 69%, guess they've some really specific profile they're looking for.
    i got through to this now im part of an o2 group.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kati_Sligo

We are sorry, the page you are trying to access does not exist.

This survey might be closed now.

By the way , did you know that by keeping your profile updated you will receive more surveys relevant to you?

I have €13.25 - I have the same problem... When I contact them by mail - they don't reply. I don't know what to do with that... claiming voucher or even just check history is impossible :/ I tried to do that in few browsers (Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) and in mobile (iBrowser) - the same situation happens everytime :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

mine is working fine, i love irish opinions, me and my husband both use it and we both get 10euro tesco vouchers at least every 2 months its great, helps with the groceries!
    I think the more surveys you do the more you get invited for. I noticed also that when i started doing the tiny ones for 50-75cent then i seemed to get more invitations, did one last week for 3.50 was delighted.
    Another thing to note is my husband gets a LOT more invitations than I do. I am guessing there are more women than men on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I don't think it is profile related, as I wasn't answering profile questions when I got booted. I guess that maybe there were other users just ahead of me who managed to get through first. It's really not acceptable to get dumped after doing 70% of the work.

I don't think it is profile related, as I wasn't answering profile questions when I got booted. I guess that maybe there were other users just ahead of me who managed to get through first. It's really not acceptable to get dumped after doing 70% of the work.
    The questions I was answering were 'what type of a person are you' type questions (I can't remember the exact questions now, just one about how much do you like making new friends or something to that effect) which is what made me think that it a profile thing - could have just been a coincidence though. Yeah I agree; I don't think it's acceptable either getting kicked out that far into it, whatever the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got booted from a red meat and veg survey at 52% and about 20 minutes of my time :mad::mad: The questions weren't profile related but rather very specific questions about how I feel about veg and red meat. Makes me mad cause I am sure that Irish Opinions will be getting paid for that information. Something went wrong in the one I did before that at about 95% so I lost out on the reward and my time:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

lindtee wrote: »
    Got booted from a red meat and veg survey at 52% and about 20 minutes of my time :mad::mad: The questions weren't profile related but rather very specific questions about how I feel about veg and red meat. Makes me mad cause I am sure that Irish Opinions will be getting paid for that information. Something went wrong in the one I did before that at about 95% so I lost out on the reward and my time:mad::mad:

Same here! Im sure they fiddle the surveys and add an imaginary 50% extra so they can boot you out without payment ! They got 50% of my info so I should get 50% of the reward!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭huberto

Just got shut out of the red meat/veg survey after the 50% mark - I must have spent close to half an hour conscientiously answering the questions. Recently there has been an increasing number of surveys which having gathered a substantial amount of information then abruptly announce that they have reached the quota. I doubt whether the data they gather are simply binned. This red meat one is the worst example yet.
    I've been registered with Irish Opinions for more than a year, and have accumulated a fair amount of Amazon credit, but am becoming thoroughly aggravated with them. There is something cynical and deceptive about the process lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

huberto wrote: »
    Just got shut out of the red meat/veg survey after the 50% mark - I must have spent close to half an hour conscientiously answering the questions. Recently there has been an increasing number of surveys which having gathered a substantial amount of information then abruptly announce that they have reached the quota. I doubt whether the data they gather are simply binned. This red meat one is the worst example yet.
    I've been registered with Irish Opinions for more than a year, and have accumulated a fair amount of Amazon credit, but am becoming thoroughly aggravated with them. There is something cynical and deceptive about the process lately.

Then stop doing them if you are unhappy. It'll leave all the more for the rest of us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

lindtee wrote: »

Same happened to me earlier today!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭huberto

Then stop doing them if you are unhappy. It'll leave all the more for the rest of us. :)

That's exactly what I intend to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

last few times when ive been booted out at 50%+ i email them with link and demand that % of credit for the survay ive done and twice ive gotten an apoligy and the % credit i asked for - now thats twice out of 5/6 times ive done it

Now i can be called scabby all i want but i bet they will use the answers i did give so i demand my % money!

Advertisement