Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bmc58 wrote: »
    Next week will be six weeks again from IO for a Tesco voucher for me(if it even comes).And getting loads of surveys on my home page but one out of ten will start.IO not the same as it was.

Maybe your profile isn't suiting recently. I can't say I've noticed any deterioration in IO; still averaging €25 to €30 per month, with more in months with 'special' surveys. I'd be interested to see if earnings have dropped for many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

When I get the time Irish opinions is fine survey wise, plenty available for my profile

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

got the same mail from P1 as you lot, they got my name right though.

Also got a 3euro survey from red c, leaving me at 49 euro lol right at the end of the month when i could have really used it, anyway.. next month i guess :)
    Got two for €3 today from Red C myself leaving me on €48.Might get one tomorrow to get to the €50,but a while ago on the 30th of the month I got one to push me over the €50 mark and it counted for that month.Still I'll have a good start to next month if I don't reach the €50 target,

OmegaGene wrote: »
    When I get the time Irish opinions is fine survey wise, plenty available for my profile

Do you get many that won't load? I'm getting loads.

Do you get many that won't load? I'm getting loads.

no, i just get the odd few that i am too late for or i do not qualify for, i was avoiding them for a while trying to push red c over the 50 mark but i got stuck on 49

• Advertisement

Maybe your profile isn't suiting recently. I can't say I've noticed any deterioration in IO; still averaging €25 to €30 per month, with more in months with 'special' surveys. I'd be interested to see if earnings have dropped for many others.

Mine have dropped hugely.Get to do one out of eight on average that appear on my home page.Could it be that I don't respond quick enough?

Mine have dropped hugely.Get to do one out of eight on average that appear on my home page.Could it be that I don't respond quick enough?

yes they are probably full

I check in on the site a few times randomly through the day and don't wait for email notifications.

I check in on the site a few times randomly through the day and don't wait for email notifications.

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

Re redC I've encountered a couple of issues in the last week which never happened before. They were always straightforward to deal with. So on 22nd March after no offers for Aporox 4 wks I get a €5 survey, yay! My balance for the previous 4 wks was €48 so I completed it successfully and got the confirmation screen that the survey submitted successfully. Happy days I shd have reached €53 but no I was still stuck on the same points. I emailed redC Live and they said that some of the surveys even after completion wouldn't credit until they were closed. So today I get 2 offers of €3 surveys I opened each email first one completed successfully and I was credited immediately!
    The second one shut me off immediately ten minutes after I got the email! So now my balance sits at 55 points I'm still owed the 5 points which should bring me to 60.
    Not a sign for the last week of my €50/50 points credit being issued as a reward.
    No satisfactory answer regarding the points not being converted. Should I just wait another while? 🙄 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

IO Tesco voucher came after 3 weeks, as did RedC.

Can't do a single survey on IO though, even though there are plenty available. Mustn't be quick enough. Very unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Just a quick FYI and warning. I signed up to MyOpinionMatters last week and they are definitely the same company as IdeasPanel. Both sites sent me identical emails about their monthly "Omnibuzz" survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dubs09

I got the same email...... i just selected unsubscribe. Any idea where they got our email addresses? The email mentioned I recently completed the 'Dublin music survey'..... and would I be interested in joining their panel
    Did you do the FM104 music survey to win a €100 one4all voucher? Or maybe their previous one a few months back?
    The end page of their survey says 'thank you for your interest in taking future surveys' and redirects you to P1 surveys to sign up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've signed up to p1, based on it being mentioned here. They're just another middleman for the same type of surveys you see elsewhere. Up to a fiver already and can withdraw a week from now when I reach a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

delly wrote: »
    I've signed up to p1, based on it being mentioned here. They're just another middleman for the same type of surveys you see elsewhere. Up to a fiver already and can withdraw a week from now when I reach a tenner.

Did you get the "site not secure" warning?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Did you get the "site not secure" warning?

Yeah, that's just the ssl cert missing warning, it's not something that would worry me too much, even boards had it a while back. The site is an Irish arm of a bigger US survey company, so they're not just some newbie setup. As always though, until the first payment comes, nothing is confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah, that's just the ssl cert missing warning, it's not something that would worry me too much, even boards had it a while back. The site is an Irish arm of a bigger US survey company, so they're not just some newbie setup. As always though, until the first payment comes, nothing is confirmed.

Cheers. Might wait until you get your tenner though. I did do that radio survey.
    Wonder why they are getting the names wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Signed up to respondent and prolific do they email me when surveys are available or?

Signed up to respondent and prolific do they email me when surveys are available or?

Prolific do not notify, they appear on the studies page on the website, the page auto refresh itself, so you just get a notification. I get most of mine in the evening when on the main PC screen, with my second screen just on the studies page.

With Respondent, you fill in the qualifiers, which usually is 3 to 6 questions that give you a % qualification. The researcher reviews this and then will message you if they want to proceed with a study. I actually got one tonight for $25, to give suggestions for a management bot commands. I've had previous website reviews and sessions on what type of life insurance I would get, ranging from $25 to $125.

dubs09 wrote: »
    IO Tesco voucher came after 3 weeks, as did RedC.

Can't do a single survey on IO though, even though there are plenty available. Mustn't be quick enough. Very unreliable.
    Still waiting for my €10 from IO for Tesco.Six weeks tomorrow.And like you can only get an odd survey from IO despite loads of surveys on my home page.Are IO trying to wear people out and trying to get them to quit?I'm for one are near this point.Sick of this s*ite from IO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

With regard to the IO surveys they have been very slow offering surveys for the past month and now suddenly I got this message saying My account is suspended? I have accessed all recent surveys from the dashboard but the few I received, maybe 4 in the last two months, via email wouldn't open for me. I finally got frustrated and sent an email to the support team where I had spent 20 mins on the survey left it and came back to finish it within the next hour only to be told I'm not eligible for completing! After 3 weeks I got a reply saying that since I had spent the time on it they'd offer me the €1 reward, big deal!
    I won't be bothered appealing this time it's not worth the hassle.

Got a €5 survey from Red C today on Phone/Broadband providers,thought it would never end,so many videos to look at and answer questions on.Still over the €50 for this month already.
    And claimed a €10 Tesco voucher from IO today after finally getting to €10(not letting my account with IO go beyond €10 ever again) .But I am still waiting for another voucher from IO after six weeks now.Do I get on to IO and complain about the six week wait for my voucher or do I wait another week and see what happens?If I complained could I end up banned again?Anyone else waiting weeks for an IO voucher?

Got a €5 survey from Red C today on Phone/Broadband providers,thought it would never end,so many videos to look at and answer questions on.Still over the €50 for this month already.
    And claimed a €10 Tesco voucher from IO today after finally getting to €10(not letting my account with IO go beyond €10 ever again) .But I am still waiting for another voucher from IO after six weeks now.Do I get on to IO and complain about the six week wait for my voucher or do I wait another week and see what happens?If I complained could I end up banned again?Anyone else waiting weeks for an IO voucher?

Of course you should now contact IO about your voucher. I'd ask about it rather than complain, for a start and why would you be banned for doing so. I have had several complaints about surveys over the years, they don't take it personally if members have an issue or query.

Acumen survey on offer paying €3.75 and took 5 minutes
    Sweeet

Folks, just an update on the p1survays you all thought was a bit dodgy. Signed up a week ago and reached €10 yesterday and cashed out. Money arrived in my PayPal account just now, less their 20 cent charge. Happy days!

Folks, just an update on the p1survays you all thought was a bit dodgy. Signed up a week ago and reached €10 yesterday and cashed out. Money arrived in my PayPal account just now, less their 20 cent charge. Happy days!

How much do they pay per 5 minute survey roughly ?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How much do they pay per 5 minute survey roughly ?

60 to 80 cent iirc.

Okay folks, I have found another player in the market, gobranded.com which I found via an mturk survey. I copied the link from a survey that was conducted by PWC no less, so they must have some good rep. Looks so far to have the same type of surveys as before.

/EDIT Scratch that idea folks, while the site seems very legit and there are a load of surveys, all come back as non qualifying, so not worth the time.

Wow! I'm not on Acumen,but that was one sweeeet survey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

IO very quiet past few days. Not even any available surveys that aren't actually available. I find it gets quiet just after I cash out or just before I'm about to.

Advertisement