Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Has Irish Opinions gone quiet for anybody else? This is the longest period I've gone without any surveys - 8 days.

Getting a few from IO the last week or so.Not doing them all though as I may have done some on another site(Cint).Very wary of IO now.Surveys have gotten longer for less on IO too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just an update for anybody that may have dabbled in amazon Mturk before. They have made a change whereby you don't have to use your earnings on Amazon.com vouchers, you can now withdraw in cash, minus some conversion and handling fees. It's a real game changer in terms of motivation, knowing you can get actual cash. Screengrab below of my earnings since starting in January.

480566.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

delly wrote: »
    Just an update for anybody that may have dabbled in amazon Mturk before.

They have also introduced trackers at the top of the screen showing the number of HITs completed and the projected earnings next to a user-defined goal. I'm looking forward to having my hands on some cash from MTurk for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Just an update for anybody that may have dabbled in amazon Mturk before. They have made a change whereby you don't have to use your earnings on Amazon.com vouchers, you can now withdraw in cash, minus some conversion and handling fees. It's a real game changer in terms of motivation, knowing you can get actual cash. Screengrab below of my earnings since starting in January.

Wow, that's great news! I signed up in April and I'm tipping away nicely so far. However, I don't see the option to withdraw cash... I only see the option to withdraw to amazon vouchers.

Do I need to have completed a certain number of HITs before I'm eligible? Or have above a certain $ threshold before I can withdraw?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Wow, that's great news! I signed up in April and I'm tipping away nicely so far. However, I don't see the option to withdraw cash... I only see the option to withdraw to amazon vouchers.

Do I need to have completed a certain number of HITs before I'm eligible? Or have above a certain $ threshold before I can withdraw?
    Link below for the announcement, but it does say that selected works will receive an email to sign up.

https://blog.mturk.com/amazon-mechanical-turk-workers-in-23-countries-outside-of-the-us-can-now-transfer-their-earnings-98ec29ef7f7f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Link below for the announcement, but it does say that selected works will receive an email to sign up.

https://blog.mturk.com/amazon-mechanical-turk-workers-in-23-countries-outside-of-the-us-can-now-transfer-their-earnings-98ec29ef7f7f

Ah I see - it's a very cool feature to be fair - I might ask about it via online chat tomorrow. Thanks for the info, delly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wooper

Got a 'happy 3rd anniversary' email from IO thismorning, even though they kicked me off earlier this year for BS-y reasons, thanks IO :rolleyes:

Opinionworld kicked me off in a suspiciously similar way lately so I can only assume it's the same company and that opinionworld will be wishing me a happy anniversary in a few months time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,791 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're not the same company. If you got kicked off two panels you absolutely had to be doing the same surveys multiple times (whether you realised it or not)

This is why the low paying panels are simply not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When ever I got the asked Did you ever as a question in a public meeting in the RedC surveys I think. Does asking where the toilet/bar is count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When ever I got the asked Did you ever as a question in a public meeting in the RedC surveys I think. Does asking where the toilet/bar is count?

I'm starting to find that series of questions irritating at this stage. How often are you asked for advice? Ridiculous questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Raging that I just got kicked out a REDC survey for picking seagulls instead of ducks :o It was only €2 but still. Need to work on my animal sounds apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wooper

L1011 wrote: »
    They're not the same company. If you got kicked off two panels you absolutely had to be doing the same surveys multiple times (whether you realised it or not)

This is why the low paying panels are simply not worth it.

I had never done a single survey for anyone else at the time IO booted me so you're wrong there

Not worth fighting it once that starts up but I had two good years with IO before that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I was about 12 minutes into an estimated 15 minute survey on IO about windows/home improvements etc when the final screen informed me that that was all the questions they had for me today. Nothing else on the screen. Usually, at the end of successful surveys there's a rating form. Does this mean that I was actually screened out at a very late stage?

I had already answered quite a number of detailed questions relating to what I had done to my home, costs and other prospective work plans. Since I haven't been informed one way or another that I didn't qualify, I can't really question it as such. Not to mention the possibility that complaints might lead to exclusion! I haven't received any reward yet, but that often happens even when you've completed successfully.

It's very irritating if screen-outs happen like this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Has anyone else ordered Amazon vouchers with OpinionWorld over the past week? I redeemed some on their site 6 days ago and still haven't received them, usually it takes two days for OpinionWorld to email them to me.

Been there done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I was about 12 minutes into an estimated 15 minute survey on IO about windows/home improvements etc when the final screen informed me that that was all the questions they had for me today. Nothing else on the screen. Usually, at the end of successful surveys there's a rating form. Does this mean that I was actually screened out at a very late stage?

I had already answered quite a number of detailed questions relating to what I had done to my home, costs and other prospective work plans. Since I haven't been informed one way or another that I didn't qualify, I can't really question it as such. Not to mention the possibility that complaints might lead to exclusion! I haven't received any reward yet, but that often happens even when you've completed successfully.

I've noticed the feedback page missing from a huge number of surveys. It's also suspiciously on ones that I would be leaving a lesser review on as well.

Have you checked to see if it still credited you? I've done 3 surveys on IO his morning and only one had the rating page. Was credited for all 3 though.

I'm still getting 99% of my surveys through clicking old email invites. The main page shows nothing.

malcy wrote: »
    I've noticed the feedback page missing from a huge number of surveys. It's also suspiciously on ones that I would be leaving a lesser review on as well.

Have you checked to see if it still credited you? I've done 3 surveys on IO his morning and only one had the rating page. Was credited for all 3 though.

I'm still getting 99% of my surveys through clicking old email invites. The main page shows nothing.

Surveys accessed via old emails don't revert to the feedback screen.

No, I wasn't credited for the survey, unfortunately. I suppose I have to just chalk it up.

The only really worthwhile surveys IMO lately are Acumen and RedC. IO surveys seem to be taking me much longer than usual and if you're going to get screened out after spending considerable time beforehand, that's even worse!

For the past three weeks I've been lucky if 10% of Mobrog emails lead to a survey. Not their usual habit.

Got one like that yesterday from IO,not on windows though.After about about 15 mns of a said 20 mns it just ended.Whats happening with this?

• Advertisement

No, I wasn't credited for the survey, unfortunately. I suppose I have to just chalk it up.

The only really worthwhile surveys IMO lately are Acumen and RedC. IO surveys seem to be taking me much longer than usual and if you're going to get screened out after spending considerable time beforehand, that's even worse!

happened to me too.

Did one on Sat and no rating page came up.Not credited as of today.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Did one on Sat and no rating page came up.Not credited as of today.

I've been keeping an eye on them and I'm fairly sure I've been credited for all that I've done luckily.

IO is obviously a part of Valued Opinions which is the UK arm but I think it's an American company. Most if not all emails I've had from them in response to queries have been during what would be US working hours.

Be better if they had a dedicated Irish/UK team. The rewards have dropped a fair bit for the time which isnt great bit I get mostly regular Amazon credit and I rarely do a survey that takes as long as it states it should.

Theres definitely a good few 'repeats' as such recently. Sometimes I can fill n a survey with auto-fill due to it.

Got one like that yesterday from IO,not on windows though.After about about 15 mns of a said 20 mns it just ended.Whats happening with this?

I had similar. Was almost 80% through before it booted me and I wasn't credited. Couldn't be arsed contacting them for the umpteenth time.

I've no idea why this is happening or whether what we've supplied is used for their data pool.

I normally make an effort to provide qualitative answers where applicable, going into some detail at least beyond simple box-ticking. I've decided not to do this anymore with IO. Why spend my time when I may be kicked out with no reward? Their loss.

I've no idea why this is happening or whether what we've supplied is used for their data pool.

I normally make an effort to provide qualitative answers where applicable, going into some detail at least beyond simple box-ticking. I've decided not to do this anymore with IO. Why spend my time when I may be kicked out with no reward? Their loss.

I think there is an element of scamming that exists within these survey sites. OpinionWorld waited until I was cashing out almost 30 quid before accusing me of taking surveys in the UK. I had done about 5 surveys that day but they waited until I wanted the money I had earned before letting me know. Money in their pocket rather than mine. Bastards. I even requested the data they had on me and bombarded them with emails and no reply.

I'm sketchy with IO ever since I read about people in this thread being accused of similar. As soon as I hit enough for an Amazon voucher I redeem it.

I'm careful as always to make surey my answers are correct but I'm not filling in reasons why as detailed either. If they're giving me less money they're getting less of an effort from me.

I'm sketchy with IO ever since I read about people in this thread being accused of similar. As soon as I hit enough for an Amazon voucher I redeem it.

I'm careful as always to make surey my answers are correct but I'm not filling in reasons why as detailed either. If they're giving me less money they're getting less of an effort from me.

Same here - I cash out the minute I reach the minimum required.

My answers are also true, but curtailed on IO. I no longer go down a list of other similar companies I know of, for example, nor do I give extra detail worth a damn when asked why I like/dislike certain product attributes.

If a survey goes on long past the expected time, the later answers and multiple choice responses/rankings are less than informative from me. If the survey length is particularly laborious for little reward, there are times when I might as well be sticking a tail on a donkey with a blindfold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Finally got to the 10 euro mark with IO. It took ages to get to that. Started in December and took until now. Worst one ever. Was never this slow to get.

IO has slowed somewhat and very few surveys via fresh emails or the website, but accessing via old emails has still netted €26.27 in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Never heard of MTurk - what kind of things are requested?

Advertisement