Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭bmc58

malcy wrote: »
    I think there is an element of scamming that exists within these survey sites. OpinionWorld waited until I was cashing out almost 30 quid before accusing me of taking surveys in the UK. I had done about 5 surveys that day but they waited until I wanted the money I had earned before letting me know. Money in their pocket rather than mine. Bastards. I even requested the data they had on me and bombarded them with emails and no reply.

I'm sketchy with IO ever since I read about people in this thread being accused of similar. As soon as I hit enough for an Amazon voucher I redeem it.

I'm careful as always to make surey my answers are correct but I'm not filling in reasons why as detailed either. If they're giving me less money they're getting less of an effort from me.

I'm one of those IO panelists of many years who have been banned a few times for dodgy reasons .I was always reinstated after a few e mails but like you am very wary of IO now.When I get to 10 e I cash out straight away for a Tesco voucher.They now take SIX weeks to come as compared to a couple of weeks before.I have lost a 10 e voucher in the past few months from IO but just let it go,not worth the hassell.What do you mean by"I,m not filling in reasons why as detailed either?"One thing I started to do was to always leave a comment at the end of a survey,(eg,enjoyable,interesting survey etc)which I never did.

IO has slowed somewhat and very few surveys via fresh emails or the website, but accessing via old emails has still netted €26.27 in May.

You should know better Finley Tiny Fir.Cash that €20 out asap.IO has lost my trust.(Though I'm still on their panel).I never go beyond €10 without cashing out,been stung by IO before,but never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bmc58 wrote: »
    You should know better Srameen.Cash that €20 out asap.IO has lost my trust.(Though I'm still on their panel).I never go beyond €10 without cashing out,been stung by IO before,but never again.

Just because they netted that amount in May doesn’t mean they haven’t cashed out

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You should know better Srameen.Cash that €20 out asap.IO has lost my trust.(Though I'm still on their panel).I never go beyond €10 without cashing out,been stung by IO before,but never again.

I always cash out as I reach £10 Amazon. That was my net for the period.

That said, I'd have no qualms letting it sit a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Irish opinions surveys dry up the past week for anyone else?

• Advertisement

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Irish opinions surveys dry up the past week for anyone else?
    Got a few this week from IO but had two completed and never got the IO opinion page.was not credited with them either.This is happening a little too often for my liking.

Got a few this week from IO but had two completed and never got the IO opinion page.was not credited with them either.This is happening a little too often for my liking.

This made me check on my balance and I see three rewards added yesterday. Cashed out for more Amazon vouchers and had them in less than 30 seconds. The payout is certainly much quicker than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

This made me check on my balance and I see three rewards added yesterday. Cashed out for more Amazon vouchers and had them in less than 30 seconds. The payout is certainly much quicker than it used to be.

The best part about IO is how fast the Amazon vouchers have always came through. 2-3 seconds after I order them my iPad pings with the email with the code. It's all I get from it. The wait for Tesco vouchers used to be excruciating.

3 surveys earlier today. Each 15 mins and 1 euro rewards. All from an old invite. Had them all finished in 15-20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Got my voucher from IO within a few days of cashing in. Very fast.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    My vouchers are taking 5 weeks minimum.One went missing and never got it.Just let it go.Also did a survey for 15 mns for €1 two weeks ago and just when I did the survey company's comment page it finished.Never got to the IO comment page.E Mailed IO and got a reply stating "They checked their records and I did not qualify for the survey!!! Yet I was able to complete the full survey.What do you make of that.IO just gets better and better with their reasons for not paying panelists.

• Advertisement

Only use the Tesco vouchers myself.

My vouchers are taking 5 weeks minimum.One went missing and never got it.Just let it go.Also did a survey for 15 mns for €1 two weeks ago and just when I did the survey company's comment page it finished.Never got to the IO comment page.E Mailed IO and got a reply stating "They checked their records and I did not qualify for the survey!!! Yet I was able to complete the full survey.What do you make of that.IO just gets better and better with their reasons for not paying panelists.

Sorry to hear that. I think mentioned previously that it actually took me 5-6 months to even accumulate one ten euro voucher so something is going on there.

Sorry to hear that. I think mentioned previously that it actually took me 5-6 months to even accumulate one ten euro voucher so something is going on there.

Thanks for your reply Postgrad10.But I'm not that bothered with IO anymore.been banned three times and reinstated after a few e mails(like many others).The IO we have now is not the same IO that I joined years ago.I used to get my Tesco voucher after 10 to 14 days like clockwork.Now 5/ six weeks if I' lucky,with the odd one never arriving at all.That's the Io we have now.

It’s not much buts it nice to let a few vouchers build up at home to get a bit off the Tesco shopping now and again. Acumen isn’t bad. Again takes a while to build up but the surveys aren’t as bad as IO.

One email from IO today for a 75c survey. No others on the webpage but got another €5.25 from clicking on the invite on an old email. Very strange.

One email from IO today for a 75c survey. No others on the webpage but got another €5.25 from clicking on the invite on an old email. Very strange.

That's the way I've made the bulk of my money the past couple of months. The milk survey today was absolute crap but only took 2 minutes.

IO really bad the past week. Got a 2.50 survey for the first time in ages and every survey since I've been screened out halfway through. Fairly annoying considering I only need 50c for an Amazon voucher.

Hit €50 for red c this month they are my new favourite survey company with Irish opinions coming a firm last, they are really bad lately and I checked my dashboard to see if there was any surveys for me and my profile was 0% so that was a pain filling out all over again and I’ve had the same profile for at least 6 years

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Snow Crash

OpinionWorld's site was glitching out on me when I tried to redeem points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Snow Crash wrote: »
    OpinionWorld's site was glitching out on me when I tried to redeem points today.

I've had trouble with them this week as well. I keep getting survey invitations that lead nowhere, and there are surveys I tried to complete a few days ago still sitting on the dashboard because they wouldn't redirect to the site when they were finished.

I've been able to get a few surveys from IO, but only from reusing the email invitations again and again. There are plenty of surveys, they just don't show up on the site!

47/50 on Red C...

• Advertisement

I've had trouble with them this week as well. I keep getting survey invitations that lead nowhere, and there are surveys I tried to complete a few days ago still sitting on the dashboard because they wouldn't redirect to the site when they were finished.

I've been able to get a few surveys from IO, but only from reusing the email invitations again and again. There are plenty of surveys, they just don't show up on the site!

47/50 on Red C...

Careful on the multiple clicking on old surveys on IO.Thought someone got banned from IO a while ago for doing that.

Getting a few surveys from IO lately,but only doing some of them.I ordered two surveys from IO,one on the 5/5/,and another on the 20/5.None have arrived.They say Tesco vouchers can take up to six weeks to arrive,but the six weeks is gone for one of them and no voucher .Also I never got a voucher I ordered in April.I used to get a Tesco voucher always within 14 days before.What the hell is going on.Is it worth doing IO surveys anymore when you dont get your rewards?

Getting a few surveys from IO lately,but only doing some of them.I ordered two surveys from IO,one on the 5/5/,and another on the 20/5.None have arrived.They say Tesco vouchers can take up to six weeks to arrive,but the six weeks is gone for one of them and no voucher .Also I never got a voucher I ordered in April.I used to get a Tesco voucher always within 14 days before.What the hell is going on.Is it worth doing IO surveys anymore when you dont get your rewards?

Have you emailed them to complain about the April one? Worth mentioning the others haven't arrived either.

I'm getting €20-30 p/m in Amazon vouchers from IO so for me it's still worth it but I don't get as many surveys as I did in the past and the rewards are less for the time involved for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Careful on the multiple clicking on old surveys on IO.Thought someone got banned from IO a while ago for doing that.

That happened with me as well.

malcy wrote: »
    Have you emailed them to complain about the April one? Worth mentioning the others haven't arrived either.

I'm getting €20-30 p/m in Amazon vouchers from IO so for me it's still worth it but I don't get as many surveys as I did in the past and the rewards are less for the time involved for the most part.

E Mail IO??Waste of time. E Mailed them about a survey I completed and was not credited for about three or four weeks ago and was told "I was not eligible" to do that survey??? I did the survey(correctly),qualified for it and they would not pay me for it.IO are making up their rules as they go along.Anyone on IO are at IO's mercy.They can do what they want to their panelists.If one complains too much,...they ban you.End of.IO 2019 are not the IO I joined years ago.

E Mail IO??Waste of time. E Mailed them about a survey I completed and was not credited for about three or four weeks ago and was told "I was not eligible" to do that survey??? I did the survey(correctly),qualified for it and they would not pay me for it.IO are making up their rules as they go along.Anyone on IO are at IO's mercy.They can do what they want to their panelists.If one complains too much,...they ban you.End of.IO 2019 are not the IO I joined years ago.

Stop doing the surveys then if you’re not happy with the company and their practices, plenty of other companies out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Just wondering if anyone is using P1 Surveys Ireland? I installed their app on my phone to take the surveys and hit the €10 mark at the weekend. They allow you to cash out at €10 to Paypal so I did. It's just landed in to me now as €9.80. Wondering why I'm left short, is it a service charge or is it the Paypal transaction?

rpurfield wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is using P1 Surveys Ireland? I installed their app on my phone to take the surveys and hit the €10 mark at the weekend. They allow you to cash out at €10 to Paypal so I did. It's just landed in to me now as €9.80. Wondering why I'm left short, is it a service charge or is it the Paypal transaction?

They say there is a 2% PayPal handling fee, though other sites don't have this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭rpurfield

They say there is a 2% PayPal handling fee, though other sites don't have this.

Yeah I was thinking that, I haven't had it applied to anything in a long time.

• Advertisement

rpurfield wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that, I haven't had it applied to anything in a long time.

Also, they are just another cint portal, so watch out for duplicating surveys.

Advertisement