Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

rpurfield wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that, I haven't had it applied to anything in a long time.

Also, they are just another cint portal, so watch out for duplicating surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Yeah I was thinking that, I haven't had it applied to anything in a long time.
    Triaba apply it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just wondering if anyone is using P1 Surveys Ireland? I installed their app on my phone to take the surveys and hit the €10 mark at the weekend. They allow you to cash out at €10 to Paypal so I did. It's just landed in to me now as €9.80. Wondering why I'm left short, is it a service charge or is it the Paypal transaction?
    Yeah, I'm up to my 5th payout at the moment. It's a handy one to check if you have an idle 10 minutes.

Got on to IO about not receiving Tesco vouchers(ordered two,two mths ago and never arrived).Got an e mail back saying they were sent,check my address as it could be wrong.But as a goodwill gesture they have put the €20 back in my account,they say they do not normally do this.I have been ordering Vouchers for years to my home address for many years and never had this problem before until this year.So I must go through the order process again and wait to see will they arrive.Anyone have a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

bmc58 wrote: »
    Got on to IO about not receiving Tesco vouchers(ordered two,two mths ago and never arrived).Got an e mail back saying they were sent,check my address as it could be wrong.But as a goodwill gesture they have put the €20 back in my account,they say they do not normally do this.I have been ordering Vouchers for years to my home address for many years and never had this problem before until this year.So I must go through the order process again and wait to see will they arrive.Anyone have a similar experience?

Happened twice to me. Once I got the vouchers reissued. But they said they would never reissue vouchers to me again so I didn't bother chasing the second time. Someone along the pipeline is has copped what's in the envelopes.

• Advertisement

Blanchguy wrote: »
    Happened twice to me. Once I got the vouchers reissued. But they said they would never reissue vouchers to me again so I didn't bother chasing the second time. Someone along the pipeline is has copped what's in the envelopes.

it did happen in April also but I let it go then.But when it happened again i had to follow it up.But you're suggestion about intercepting is worring and thought provoking.I will order another one and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

The Irish postal service is a disgrace at the best of times. I wouldn't be too sure I was your postie considering how piss poor every other part of the company is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

it did happen in April also but I let it go then.But when it happened again i had to follow it up.But you're suggestion about intercepting is worring and thought provoking.I will order another one and see what happens.

The cards are quite clearly gift cards and coming from the U.K. to here anyone could be swiping them and not using them, other survey companies have much better and safer systems for sending out rewards

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The cards are quite clearly gift cards and coming from the U.K. to here anyone could be swiping them and not using them, other survey companies have much better and safer systems for sending out rewards

Something funny happening alright.Due to IO's overall performance in the past year I wonder where the fault really lies?Post can be dodgy too and most have heard of stories of postmen/women being forgetful.As the vouchers make coming from the UK it just makes the situation impossible to figure out.

Something funny happening alright.Due to IO's overall performance in the past year I wonder where the fault really lies?Post can be dodgy too and most have heard of stories of postmen/women being forgetful.As the vouchers make coming from the UK it just makes the situation impossible to figure out.

Best not to worry about too much it just keep a note of the cards you’re ordering and when they turn up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

malcy wrote: »
    The Irish postal service is a disgrace at the best of times. I wouldn't be too sure I was your postie considering how piss poor every other part of the company is.

I'd be thinking someone much closer to the company. Postie is too well paid to risk for €20. I wonder how well IO treat their staff?

Blanchguy wrote: »
    I'd be thinking someone much closer to the company. Postie is too well paid to risk for €20. I wonder how well IO treat their staff?

The U.K. postal system is full of casual agency staff on crap money doing the sorting which is likely where the cards would go missing
    Have you seen the offices Irish opinions are working out of ? They don’t look like the sort of outfit that would be paying low rates.

Best not to worry about too much it just keep a note of the cards you’re ordering and when they turn up

Yes thats grand.But if you've spent 5 hours or so for €10 and your reward does n't arrive then I'm not amused.I've ordered another €10 from IO last week and will be waiting with baited breath for it's arrival this time.

Yes thats grand.But if you've spent 5 hours or so for €10 and your reward does n't arrive then I'm not amused.I've ordered another €10 from IO last week and will be waiting with baited breath for it's arrival this time.

I understand you have put the time in and want your reward but wondering where the card could have gone etc will only drive you crazy, if your card doesn’t turn up after the recommended time then report it and wait for the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I haven't had a problem receiving gift cards by post - except for a long delay at times. However, I nearly always opt for online vouchers now, usually from TK Maxx or Amazon. It's much easier to keep track of them.

This might be an option for those having difficulty getting postal vouchers and then creating a 'record' that seems to be held against them when they complain.

I'm not too bothered as i said I let one €10 go in April.But when the next two didn't arrive it was time to ask a question of IO.But as people on IO know there have been big changes at IO (most for the worst) in the past year or so.Members being banned for no real reason,longer surveys for less money and overall a less friendly atmosphere from IO.But at least if you get to the reward threshold and order a survey you should get it.Can't be dodgy post people all over the place.

I'm not too bothered as i said I let one €10 go in April.But when the next two didn't arrive it was time to ask a question of IO.But as people on IO know there have been big changes at IO (most for the worst) in the past year or so.Members being banned for no real reason,longer surveys for less money and overall a less friendly atmosphere from IO.But at least if you get to the reward threshold and order a survey you should get it.Can't be dodgy post people all over the place.

I wouldn't have even let one go. Ok I know it's an inconvenience etc and flagging problem cam result in a ban but there's seems to be little or no regulation to these survey sites. We're totally at the mercy of these companies and they have the upper hand at all times.

It's hard to know whether or not to flag a problem or not. I had one on IO yesterday that after 5 mins of trying everything and anything I couldn't pass. I nearly spent as much time trying to pass one question as I would have spent on the whole survey.

I didn't bother because I didn't want the same old copy and paste message from them listing numerous reasons of how it was my fault and not theirs. I could have done with the €1 reward to top up my Amazon account and get my next Pantry delivery though. As such I've paid actual money for enough cat food to last me a few days while I hopefully get the survey that will bring my Amazon balance enough to buy in bulk again.

It's silly really but you can end up relying on them.

I certainly can't fault IO on Amazon vouchers. Did another cashout today and had the vouchers 5 seconds later. €38.25 for the past 30 days, so holding steady.

Mobrog has slowed down- only €8.40 for a month

I understand you have put the time in and want your reward but wondering where the card could have gone etc will only drive you crazy, if your card doesn’t turn up after the recommended time then report it and wait for the replacement.
    But IO informed me they will do this only ONCE.And I have used this option now.So if I order another voucher and it doesn't arrive(which I have done) I can sing for it.As I said befor IO has changed for the worse.

I wouldn't have even let one go. Ok I know it's an inconvenience etc and flagging problem cam result in a ban but there's seems to be little or no regulation to these survey sites. We're totally at the mercy of these companies and they have the upper hand at all times.

It's hard to know whether or not to flag a problem or not. I had one on IO yesterday that after 5 mins of trying everything and anything I couldn't pass. I nearly spent as much time trying to pass one question as I would have spent on the whole survey.

I didn't bother because I didn't want the same old copy and paste message from them listing numerous reasons of how it was my fault and not theirs. I could have done with the €1 reward to top up my Amazon account and get my next Pantry delivery though. As such I've paid actual money for enough cat food to last me a few days while I hopefully get the survey that will bring my Amazon balance enough to buy in bulk again.

It's silly really but you can end up relying on them.

Got one like that TWICE,about insurance in my case.Was into the survey for about 10 mns and couldn't get past one question about FBD.

• Advertisement

I been a complete waste of time recently. Numerous email invites and survey chances through clicking old invites and not 1 single survey has started in over 2 weeks. 25c away from an Amazon voucher which is annoying.

Think I'll be giving up once I get my next reward. Really had enough of surveys. I've made a small fortune over the years across several sites so it's not like it's been a complete waste of time but I'm really fed up of increasingly stupid questions for lower rewards.

Just can't be arsed any more.

€3.50 entertainment survey earlier. Got as far as the first question and was screened out.

€3.50 entertainment survey earlier. Got as far as the first question and was screened out.

I got through it all in less than 20 minutes. I love that regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I messes up on one of the last questions in my RedC survey. I typed in the wrong numbers of family members and got screened out.
    Do they ask you back once you make this mistake?

I messes up on one of the last questions in my RedC survey. I typed in the wrong numbers of family members and got screened out.

They do indeed. We've all messed that one at some stage.

Happened to me once and I felt so stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That’s ok I think. I think i’ve got confused when a family member moved out.

Don't think so.Messed up myself once on Red C after 20mns for €4.Never again though.No second chances from RED C.Tough but fair.

Don't think so.Messed up myself once on Red C after 20mns for €4.Never again though.No second chances from RED C.Tough but fair.
    They certainly send more surveys after you mess up. I've done it a few times: Didn't read the question right: still getting survey offers afterwards.

• Advertisement

Ordered another€10 Tesco voucher from IO after the "non delivery" of two €10 Tesco Vouchers.Three weeks tomorrow since I ordered this one,is this the same for others.I know it says up to six weeks for a voucher from Tesco but does anyone get their Tesco vouchers earlier?Before it was two week usually for me?

Advertisement