Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

another survey that I spend ten minutes answering questions only to find out I'm not eligible.

Change your name to Irish rip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

A bit off topic but has anyone here used the ie.WowHD.com site that they're giving vouchers for? I've another €10 to claim and the Amazon vouchers are still unavailable. I'm looking to get a (pricey) box set so I'm wary of going with a place I'm not familiar with, but the price is cheaper than Amazon plus I can get the voucher from Irish Opinions so I'm considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Artylife

Even if you do manage to eventually fill in enough questionnaires to generate some vouchers Irish Opinions have now stopped offering Amazon credits and HMV is long gone. They offer Boots credits but Boots don't have an online service in Ireland _ Great! ... They claimed that they were starting a service so we could claim vouchers for CDs games etc with Wow HD... Not true as when you try and claim them it says that they cannot provide that service at present! .. That just leaves Tescos and I 'm not sitting filling in their b****y questionnaires just to spend on baked beans!... And anyway my nearest Tescos is a round trip of 120 miles... So really the only option is to give my account balance to their nominated charity.. Sorry but that ain't gonna be happening!

Shame but its now a total rip-off.. Just avoid it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Seen on another forum for valued opinions about the amazon problem. Valued Opinions said they're going to try and have amazon vouchers back by the end of November, but they're working on getting them sooner. So it'll probably be late November at the very earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

Why were they even gone in the first place...

• Advertisement

I'm not so sure the will be back... I got this email back from them today after I wrote and asked them what was happening re Amazon...

Dear Irish Opinions member,
    Amazon is currently unavailable due to some security concerns. We are still in the midst of attempting to resolve this. I am not sure when or if they will become available again, however in the meantime you can choose from the available rewards options. Please accept my apologies in the matter.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Valued Opinions Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

That doesn't sound great, hopefully they come back, only reason I do the surveys. Can't imagine what the security concerns are, I'd say thats just an excuse, some were speculating its the cost of acquiring the vouchers is why they stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

A bit off topic but has anyone here used the ie.WowHD.com site that they're giving vouchers for? I've another €10 to claim and the Amazon vouchers are still unavailable. I'm looking to get a (pricey) box set so I'm wary of going with a place I'm not familiar with, but the price is cheaper than Amazon plus I can get the voucher from Irish Opinions so I'm considering it.

WowHD used to be CDWow. I bought a lot of CDs & DVDs from them over the years and they are ok to deal with.

Sadly the WowHD vouchers don't work either. I tried to reclaim mine this evening and the message came up from Irish Opinions saying that 'that service is not now available' and to 'check back in a few weeks'... Not looking good:(

Artylife wrote: »
    Even if you do manage to eventually fill in enough questionnaires to generate some vouchers Irish Opinions have now stopped offering Amazon credits and HMV is long gone. They offer Boots credits but Boots don't have an online service in Ireland _ Great! ... They claimed that they were starting a service so we could claim vouchers for CDs games etc with Wow HD... Not true as when you try and claim them it says that they cannot provide that service at present! .. That just leaves Tescos and I 'm not sitting filling in their b****y questionnaires just to spend on baked beans!... And anyway my nearest Tescos is a round trip of 120 miles... So really the only option is to give my account balance to their nominated charity.. Sorry but that ain't gonna be happening!

Shame but its now a total rip-off.. Just avoid it :(

I think the Boots vouchers are swipecards that you can use in their shops. I hope they sort out the Amazon vouchers as they are my first choice although I got the Tesco vouchers a few times (only a 40 mile round trip :P).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does anyone know whats happening with amazon vouchers. they dont seem to be available on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Does anyone know whats happening with amazon vouchers. they dont seem to be available on the site
    Quick update:

We understand everyone's concerns about Amazon not being available as a reward option. Please bear with us a little longer as we are working hard to get Amazon back before the end of the month.
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/ValuedOpinions

Yeah I've been doing surveys with Irish Opinions for the last few years now so its really annoying that they only have the Boots and Tesco vouchers 'working' for a good while now. Trouble is Boots shops are not online in The Republic and the Tesco thing only really works if you are near a city (and if you want to waste all of your survey earnings on groceries too!!)... I can't even spend the voucher credit I have sitting in my account with them!!... So I'm definitely not doing any more surveys until they sort out the voucher problems.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

cat_dog wrote: »

Didn't know that they were an international outfit! Looks like they have surveys going on in UK, AUstralia, USA there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RainyDay wrote: »
    Didn't know that they were an international outfit! Looks like they have surveys going on in UK, AUstralia, USA there.

Yes, that has been mentioned on this thread before - when discussing how to contact them.

On the Amazon vouchers - I received an Email from IO last week to say they would be back by the end of November. Happy Days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yes, that has been mentioned on this thread before - when discussing how to contact them.

On the Amazon vouchers - I received an Email from IO last week to say they would be back by the end of November. Happy Days! :)

Great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Great news indeed, hopefully the remaining €15 worth of payments pending will be added to my balance by the time the amazon ones are back.

Have done very well out of them this year, almost €80.

Been thinking to myself re the amazon vouchers, would it not make sense to take the tesco voucher if there is one near by and spend the money you saved using the tesco voucher on amazon, exchange rate might work out in your favor too, I have a sneaking suspicion that if we see the amazon vouchers back they will be less than €8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

calex71 wrote: »

Been thinking to myself re the amazon vouchers, would it not make sense to take the tesco voucher if there is one near by and spend the money you saved using the tesco voucher on amazon, exchange rate might work out in your favor too, I have a sneaking suspicion that if we see the amazon vouchers back they will be less than €8

I've been thinking the same. But it's still hard to beat Amazon for the range of stuff on offer though. (I like to spend my earnings on frivolous things like games and DVD box sets).

calex71 wrote: »
    Great news indeed, hopefully the remaining €15 worth of payments pending will be added to my balance by the time the amazon ones are back.

Have done very well out of them this year, almost €80.

How can you use a tesco voucher on amazon??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

How can you use a tesco voucher on amazon??:confused:

By using the Tesco voucher to buy your milk and eggs, and using the money that you'd normally spend on milk and eggs to buy from Amazon.

• Advertisement

Cr8or wrote: »
    I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a <SNIP>... just to quote what they offer you:

The <SNIP> seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?
    Yes of course,. we are all caught the same way, and if u get near the 10 euro they say the survey is from outside and it takes 3 months to be credit, then when you are at 9.50 you dont get anymore for ages. obviously they have a computer program that picks up the members nearing 10 euro and they get no surveys. A <SNIP> for sure.

yvonnebb wrote: »
    Yes of course,. we are all caught the same way, and if u get near the 10 euro they say the survey is from outside and it takes 3 months to be credit, then when you are at 9.50 you dont get anymore for ages. obviously they have a computer program that picks up the members nearing 10 euro and they get no surveys. A <SNIP> for sure.
    I must be special. I never have a problem getting over 10.

That's weird. I signed up in February 2012 and so far I have earned 4 Tesco vouchers and 2 Amazon vouchers making a total of €60. Some <SNIP>:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ctepbo3a

I must be special. I never have a problem getting over 10.
    Me too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Don't generalise based on your experience. I got 260 euro in the past year and have 27 yet to claim when Amazon vouchers come back on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

got 20e tesco vouchers 2 weeks ago and just ordered another 10e one- not bad for answering a few questions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Ten minutes on a survey the morning answering questions only to be told I wasn't eligible.

Hope you appreciated the free data. From now on, I'll fill them in the way I think you want them to be eligible.

I got word that amazon would be back the first week of december :)

Tazz T wrote: »
    Ten minutes on a survey the morning answering questions only to be told I wasn't eligible.

Hope you appreciated the free data. From now on, I'll fill them in the way I think you want them to be eligible.

I thought everyone did that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement