Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

L1011 wrote: »
    You can't.

Spend it on something you were going to spend cash on and save that.

But that makes far too much sense

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭bmc58

You don't, basically. Its a debit card you use online.

What if you don't spend money on line (I don't).Is your €50 for the month gone?

Me too.This seems very complicated.Why can't RED C just let the balance just go past the €50 and issue cheques when all this virus sh*t is over.Be grand to get a €100 cheque in a couple of months.I don't mind waiting.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Quick look at ELM Payments shows that you can add a card to Apple, Google or Samsung Pay so could be used in store that way for those who have the right setup.

What about people who don't have Apple,Google or Samsung Pay accounts?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Then don’t spend the money on the virtual card, when you have a couple sign up to monese or Revolut And transfer it to your bank via one of those options, or you may be able to transfer it directly to your bank from the virtual card

More complications from a simple method beforehand.Some people don't want this method of payment.Why not let the balance run until this Covid 19 is over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

bmc58 wrote:
    More complications from a simple method beforehand.Some people don't want this method of payment.Why not let the balance run until this Covid 19 is over?

A lot of people would object to that too. You can't please everyone.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Me too.This seems very complicated.Why can't RED C just let the balance just go past the €50 and issue cheques when all this virus sh*t is over.Be grand to get a €100 cheque in a couple of months.I don't mind waiting.
    Why don’t you email them and tell them you don’t want the payment then, if they said people weren’t getting paid For now people would be moaning red c Has gone down the Irish opinions route

Another option is pay it into a credit union account which I’m sure even Bertie ahern has one of those
    As the other poster said they can’t please everyone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

What about people who don't have Apple,Google or Samsung Pay accounts?

Sell it to a family member/friend who does or shops online

NATLOR wrote: »
    Sell it to a family member/friend who does or shops online

€20 CASH BOSS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

On Irish opinions, does filling out your profile 100% get you more surveys or are you just screened out more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

On Irish opinions, does filling out your profile 100% get you more surveys or are you just screened out more?

May get you more and may screen out less as they send you more targeted surveys. Neither is guaranteed.

What if you don't spend money on line (I don't).Is your €50 for the month gone?

Find a way to use it.

Cheques are more complicated than this for the majority of people. Some people have absolutely no method to use a cheque (using an online only bank) and others have significant trouble to do so (KBC customers).

Cheques are not a "simple method" these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Paying by cheque is archaic, the entire process is outdated and there is cost associated with it generally. If anything this move could and should cause them to migrate to it permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Find a way to use it.

Cheques are more complicated than this for the majority of people. Some people have absolutely no method to use a cheque (using an online only bank) and others have significant trouble to do so (KBC customers).

I've started using them again now it's not cheques and I haven't used them in 2+years.

If it's an issue for anyone just give someone the thing if they are thinking of ordering something online and get them to give toi the money if you can.

Otherwise I'd send them an email and see if you can accumulate the credit until a day they may start reissuing cheques.

IO gone quiet again I've found. 95% of surveys offered don't even start. I did well out of them in March but now back to the close to cash out so getting nothing. I refuse to believe that's a coincidence as that's the way I've found them to be the past 2 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Also worth mentioning that the first time I cashed in a RedC cheque it asked me to confirm that it was for €500 I think after I scanned it. Was very tempting to hit yes and close both my RedC and BOI accounts!

I wonder has anyone been in a similar situation and done that and they've lost out.

malcy wrote: »
    Also worth mentioning that the first time I cashed in a RedC cheque it asked me to confirm that it was for €500 I think after I scanned it. Was very tempting to hit yes and close both my RedC and BOI accounts!

I wonder has anyone been in a similar situation and done that and they've lost out.

The 450 would be removed before the "500" became drawable. They verify the cheques from LATMs; and cheques take three working nights to become drawable minimum usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭pgj2015

i lodged a 50 euro redc cheque once. it said can you confirm this is for 50.02, I said yes.

I then got a letter in the post from my bank saying that they they had to take the 2 cent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

IO gone quiet again I've found. 95% of surveys offered don't even start. I did well out of them in March but now back to the close to cash out so getting nothing. I refuse to believe that's a coincidence as that's the way I've found them to be the past 2 years at least.

Just had my 1st survey launch for me in weeks.....which promptly crashed when I was 90% through it :mad:

RedC seems to be a bit temperamental for me at the minute have got 3 x €2 and a €3 survey in the last 5 days and each of them has been closed once I've clicked through straight after receiving the email.

A lot of people would object to that too. You can't please everyone.

Don't I know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

kmart6 wrote: »
    RedC seems to be a bit temperamental for me at the minute have got 3 x €2 and a €3 survey in the last 5 days and each of them has been closed once I've clicked through straight after receiving the email.

I was screened out of a REDC one for €3 the other day, after I had clicked the political party I would vote for if there was a General Election soon. I am used to being screened out of surveys for the usual reasons: age, location, level of education etc, but that was the first time my political intentions eliminated me! (I intended to vote for the Green Party). :confused:

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Why don’t you email them and tell them you don’t want the payment then, if they said people weren’t getting paid For now people would be moaning red c Has gone down the Irish opinions route

Another option is pay it into a credit union account which I’m sure even Bertie ahern has one of those
    As the other poster said they can’t please everyone lol

Ha,ha,very good OG.Now I have a Credit Union account and that scenario would do for me.Can I ask ,how would one go about that?

Seems to make no difference.I'm with IO for years and still get questions re my profile(which they have).

Find a way to use it.

I (and I presume) many have no problems with cheques as I have "an old style bank account) but that being so I accept that banking is changing.What about RED C sending a code for Pay Pal? That would suit many more?(myself included).

That would be a silly move malcy.Hope you didn't do it as you would have to pay it back and probably be banned from RED C.

The 450 would be removed before the "500" became drawable. They verify the cheques from LATMs; and cheques take three working nights to become drawable minimum usually.

I'ts five working days now for cheques to clear.(From Permanent TSB anyway).

cbreeze wrote: »
    I was screened out of a REDC one for €3 the other day, after I had clicked the political party I would vote for if there was a General Election soon. I am used to being screened out of surveys for the usual reasons: age, location, level of education etc, but that was the first time my political intentions eliminated me! (I intended to vote for the Green Party). :confused:

Dodgy crowd them greenies.

cbreeze wrote: »

Yeah the same happened to me.
    That would be a silly move malcy.Hope you didn't do it as you would have to pay it back and probably be banned from RED C.

It never would have been credited to the account. All lodgements are approved manually each day by branch staff, except the weekend obviously, they would have contacted the person to inform them of the discrepancy. RedC would never even know about it.

Do the Toluna surveys that come through MOBROG constantly fail for anyone else? Everytime I get one it tries to load and then I just get a "We're sorry" screen before it brings me back to the MOBROG homepage.

• Advertisement

Could you multi-quote rather than do a post per reply please bmc58?

Advertisement