Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

sunbeam wrote: »
    I've had that a few times and was screened out if I replied anything other than perfectly calm.:D

Mental note to self to stay calm when doing surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

sunbeam wrote: »
    Sad to say that Mobrog are actually one of the better payers for me, even if I only make a fiver a week (or less at the moment). About £5 from Prolific as well. I guess it's just a matter of demographics and I'm in the wrong one.

I'm lucky to complete 2 surveys a day from Mobrog/Surveytime/Attapoll. A really good day would be 4, some days zero. Maybe 3 or 4 surveys from Acumen a month and very little from RedC.

Ever try Triaba?.Much improved this year from what they used to be.But you need to check your home page often.

Saudades wrote: »
    I love the irony of the survey that asks the question - "How anxious do you feel today?" - which then screens you out when you answer 'very'.

Try "not at all" and see will you get the survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Triaba was the first Cint panel I joined back in June. At first I made about 5 Euro a month,then in July and August I was earning that in a week. Then the PayPal problems started and since then I received only one survey I could do which was basically a very long profiling survey. Then nothing.

During the time they were having PayPal payment issues I cashed out 10 Euro to GCodes. I only did this because from scrolling through their Facebook page it seemed like this was not the first time they had had ongoing issues with payments and in July they posted that 'it is very difficult to use Facebook and we are considering to delete our account'. So I was concerned that they were going to fold.

I could not see what vouchers were available in their GCode shop until I actually had one. Turns out I had to put over another 10 Euro with it to get a voucher I could use. A month later I received a notice from PayPal stating that the company had never actually picked up my payment for this and they were returning it to me. I tried to contact them, to no avail.

I would still get the occasional invite from Triaba, but was screened out of absolutely everything. After two months of not being able to do even one survey with them, I closed my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

bmc58 wrote: »
    Try "not at all" and see will you get the survey.

This would indicate to me that the vast majority of responders ARE anxious, which, given the Covid numbers and the escalation of restrictions, seems logical.

Soooooo, they need to sample the much fewer non-anxious folk, ergo the rest of us get screened out. Evidence of the mood of the nation in a nutshell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,345 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

nice €5 survey from red c about car and house insurance today

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I just got screened out of a survey even though I do not feel anxious at all...

Mobrog told me they could not find any record of me taking one of the surveys I complained about but credited me with 43c 'effort compensation'. Better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Handy 2.50 for a 10 min survey from acumen. Gotta say they're my fav. If you do them on your phone the survey remembers your profile details so you can skip through those questions fairly quickly.

Dumped userneeds and what's funny is I've never been offered more surveys from them. Too much of a grind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Handy 2.50 for a 10 min survey from acumen. Gotta say they're my fav. If you do them on your phone the survey remembers your profile details so you can skip through those questions fairly quickly.

Dumped userneeds and what's funny is I've never been offered more surveys from them. Too much of a grind

Acumen remembers profile info on all formats, not just on the phone.

I dropped userneeds recently and don't miss them, as other cint site have the surveys anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Red C virtual cards out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

Usually Acumen add the points straight away but my 250 points haven't added. Has everyone else had theirs added yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Usually Acumen add the points straight away but my 250 points haven't added. Has everyone else had theirs added yet?

Added at 12:20 today.

Red C virtual cards out

Not for me this month got one two months ago.But hopefully get to the €50 in DEC.RED C gone quiet for me again after a little burst last week.

Red C virtual cards out

out and spent :D thats 300 this year from them with 28 in the account heading for a January payout again i think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I can't understand how everyone is getting so much from RedC. 2 months on it and I have the grand total of 1 point.

Maybe if I said that I was a regular user of Bebo...

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I can't understand how everyone is getting so much from RedC. 2 months on it and I have the grand total of 1 point.

The first year I joined from April to December I didn’t even hit €50 so you’re not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Previous 2 months red c was flying it, gone dry for this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Not for me this month got one two months ago.But hopefully get to the €50 in DEC.RED C gone quiet for me again after a little burst last week.

Bmc, ive hit €28 off of redc this month, last month a dead duck, it swings in roundabouts i suppose, i wait for the cheques nice little bundle when they come together, io is flying also have €120 in digital tesco cards plus €60 tesco store cards( before they went digital) plus the ireach/shopandscan all for one vouchers moborg/swagbucks € in paypal christmas is sorted,
    Won't make ya rich but as tesco says everylittle help.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Minor Acumen flurry recently - not going to hit 50 before Christmas but that's mainly because I just ignored the surveys for months and months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

El Weirdo wrote: »

You're not alone although i get how it might feel that way when people here are getting 50 in a month!

I'm with them years and get feck all. Earned €4 in the last 3 months and that's with clicking into their (very few) emails soon after receiving them.

• Advertisement

Ha,ha.After moaning about RED C being quiet again got a nice €2 survey a while ago.Up to €30 now,might make the €50 next month.RED C usually give a nice Christmas survey too.

Bmc, ive hit €28 off of redc this month, last month a dead duck, it swings in roundabouts i suppose, i wait for the cheques nice little bundle when they come together, io is flying also have €120 in digital tesco cards plus €60 tesco store cards( before they went digital) plus the ireach/shopandscan all for one vouchers moborg/swagbucks € in paypal christmas is sorted,
    Won't make ya rich but as tesco says everylittle help.

I used a Tesco digital card that I printed(for the first time) out last week and it wouldn't scan .The lad at the checkout gave it to me anyway.Nice fellow,but I have 9 more from IO which I was intending to get booze from for Christmas,and I'm a little worried now.I'll try another one this week to see will they go through.He tried th Pin no aswell and it didn't work.Hmm.

123654789 wrote: »
    You're not alone although i get how it might feel that way when people here are getting 50 in a month!

I'm with them years and get feck all. Earned €4 in the last 3 months and that's with clicking into their (very few) emails soon after receiving them.

I'v never got €50 off RED C in a month.Usualy takes two to three months to get to the €50.Just checked my record on RED C this year and I've got €200,which is good.But Got very little for the past two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I used a Tesco digital card that I printed(for the first time) out last week and it wouldn't scan .The lad at the checkout gave it to me anyway.Nice fellow,but I have 9 more from IO which I was intending to get booze from for Christmas,and I'm a little worried now.I'll try another one this week to see will they go through.He tried th Pin no aswell and it didn't work.Hmm.

Ive had 4 digital vouchers for Tesco, I copied them to phone and made them so the barcode nearly filled the screen, scanned at quick checkout, worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Keep them on your phone, i put them into a folder(personal) altogether, never a bother at self service check out using them, try that way see how ya go.

Scan Tesco vouchers from the phone no hassle at all
    Printing them out is too much hassle anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

If I'm lucky, I'll get 2 x 50 in a YEAR from RedC. On 44 now and I might not make the second 50 this year - last one was July. I do every survey that comes into my inbox, but get screened out a lot, even though my profile is always up to date.

My guess is that men have a better chance (especially in the older demographic) because there seems to be more women completing surveys.

I have much better luck with Acumen and no longer do the IO surveys at all. Too much effort for too little reward and too many screen-outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The biggest demographic on paid survey sites is female, 25-44.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Ive had 4 digital vouchers for Tesco, I copied them to phone and made them so the barcode nearly filled the screen, scanned at quick checkout, worked fine.

I got my daughter to print them out on her printer.Thought it would be easier than keeping all the e mails on my phone.

• Advertisement

Keep them on your phone, i put them into a folder(personal) altogether, never a bother at self service check out using them, try that way see how ya go.

too late for that.I got them printed out on a sheet of paper.I have one on my phone which i will do in the future.Covid 19 has a lot to answer for.Oh for the Tesco card that IO used to send.

Advertisement