Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,345 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bmc58 wrote: »
    I got my daughter to print them out on her printer.Thought it would be easier than keeping all the e mails on my phone.

I keep all the emails in a separate folder marked Tesco and scan them one by one
    Printouts don’t scan if they are creased in any way

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I keep all the emails in a separate folder marked Tesco and scan them one by one
    Printouts don’t scan if they are creased in any way

I've learned that now.You live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Redc has dried up for me too

Acumen and Opinion World are where I make a few Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

I used a Tesco digital card that I printed(for the first time) out last week and it wouldn't scan . I have 9 more from IO which I was intending to get booze from for Christmas

Semi related to that; there an Alcohol Legislation coming into effect from January 2021; loyalty card points (i.e. Tesco Clubcard vouchers) can no longer be used towards the purchase of alcohol.

I have no idea if this will also apply to Tesco digital cards - but just a heads up.

https://www.thejournal.ie/alcohol-laws-january-2021-4950074-Dec2019/

Saudades wrote: »
    Semi related to that; there an Alcohol Legislation coming into effect from January 2021; loyalty card points (i.e. Tesco Clubcard vouchers) can no longer be used towards the purchase of alcohol.

I have no idea if this will also apply to Tesco digital cards - but just a heads up.

No it won’t apply to gift cards

• Advertisement

I've learned that now.You live and learn.

Another option for you is online shopping and enter the card number at checkout from home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

parcel wizard is closing soon because of Brexit. this could effect us when using amazon.uk vouchers. the amazon vouchers mightnt go as far either because if import duties etc?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    parcel wizard is closing soon because of Brexit. this could effect us when using amazon.uk vouchers. the amazon vouchers mightnt go as far either because if import duties etc?

You can still use them with amazon and use the an post option but the relevant duty will have to be paid, all depends what kind of deal is struck if any

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You do know that you can use amazon UK without parcel wizard?!. I use them every week and all just An Post deliveries. Many items are now shipped to Ireland for the same postage as an UK address.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You do know that you can use amazon UK without parcel wizard?!. I use them every week and all just An Post deliveries. Many items are now shipped to Ireland for the same postage as an UK address.

I know but from what I remember, a lot of items cant be posted to Ireland. has this changed much over the last year?

• Advertisement

You can still use them with amazon and use the an post option but the relevant duty will have to be paid, all depends what kind of deal is struck if any

so an post will carry all items from amazo.uk now?

so an post will carry all items from amazo.uk now?

An post have a parcel forwarding service called address pal for items from the us and U.K. that is set up to pay import charges

Probably easier to get items sent straight from amazon to your house tbh

Another option for you is online shopping and enter the card number at checkout from home

I don't do on line shopping.Think my problem is sorted.Tried another printed version from IO today and it worked fine.A few I got printed by my daughter were faded (as her printer was almost out of ink).She refilled the ink in her printer and printed a couple of new ones and it worked fine today when I tried one of the new ones in Tesco.

I don't do on line shopping.Think my problem is sorted.Tried another printed version from IO today and it worked fine.A few I got printed by my daughter were faded (as her printer was almost out of ink).She refilled the ink in her printer and printed a couple of new ones and it worked fine today when I tried one of the new ones in Tesco.
    glad you got sorted
    the staff can enter the number manually also if it doesnt scan

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saudades wrote: »

Gift voucher like this should be OK - loyalty points and the 'x off y' vouchers they send out / print in papers (10 off 40, etc) are what's stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Four quid RedC survey that took about three minutes there - brings me to 40 so there's still a vague chance of a payout this year.

L1011 wrote: »
    Four quid RedC survey that took about three minutes there - brings me to 40 so there's still a vague chance of a payout this year.

They are the ones you want.Short and sweet and pay very well.

Anyone having a problem sining in to Lifepoints?I'm getting a message "Session Expired,please try again later" message on my home page today and can't sine in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Anyone having a problem sining in to Lifepoints?I'm getting a message "Session Expired,please try again later" message on my home page today and can't sine in.

I'm getting that message but can still get in to my account if I keep Sign in a few times.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I'm getting that message but can still get in to my account if I keep Sign in a few times.

Just tried Lifepoints now and message was gone.Signed in fine.Thanks Jim.

• Advertisement

Just had OI offer me a survey from Userneeds :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Just had OI offer me a survey from Userneeds :O

Userneeds are getting stuck

Just got kicked off a survey after answering one question- I identified that a picture of a bird was a bird lol.

i am now free of irish opinions after 12 years

"Hello Omegagene,

We have now closed your account.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your membership. If we can be of further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Please note, you may have already been selected to receive the next available survey. If you receive a survey invitation over the next 48 hours, please disregard and delete.

Carlo"

almost 3 months of no surveys and they told me i was trying to access the website from another country and this was not allowed, they refused to resolve the issue so feck them

i am now free of irish opinions after 12 years

"Hello Omegagene,

We have now closed your account.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your membership. If we can be of further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Please note, you may have already been selected to receive the next available survey. If you receive a survey invitation over the next 48 hours, please disregard and delete.

Carlo"

almost 3 months of no surveys and they told me i was trying to access the website from another country and this was not allowed, they refused to resolve the issue so feck them

Do you use a VPN?

Do you use a VPN?

not on a daily basis on my mac, but i did suggest it may have been on once as a a mistake as a way of resolving the issue and they asked me to clear cookies etc wait 48 hours and get in touch again but it was a waste of time
    the next few customer service agents didnt seem to have a clue what i was talking about, one assumed i was asking why i was not receiving email invites but i had not even mentioned that, i think they have terrible customer service agents in tech support they seem clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ballina1953

omegagene did you have credit in your acc when they dumped you
    its an old trick they have
    fiddled me out of 80 euro

omegagene did you have credit in your acc when they dumped you
    its an old trick they have
    fiddled me out of 80 euro

No I never left credit in my account
    I told them to close the account in the end, waste of time dealing with them

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I got an email from MyOpinionMatters yesterday.
    Dear Valued MyOpinionMatters Member,

As many of you will have noticed, we’ve been having a lot of technical issues with the MyOpinionMatters website which is proving technically very difficult to rectify. That said, we want you to know that all of your data, history and points are safely stored in our database management system which is independent to the MyOpinionMatters website.

Many of you have contacted us to say that you would like to redeem your points for gift cards but can’t because you can’t access your account. We appreciate how frustrating this is but we want you to know that next week we will be contacting all eligible account holders to see if A) they would like to use their points balance to redeem a gift card(s) and subsequently B) which gift card(s) they would like us to redeem/send.

Again, we would like to apologise for the frustration many of you have felt of late and suffice to say we will be redeeming your hard earned Gift Cards in time for Christmas.

To those of you who have contacted us in relation to this issue, thank you for your patience, and to those who continue to participate in surveys, thank you sincerely.

We’ll be in touch next week.

Kind Regards,

The MyOpinionMatters Team

Just checked there, the site is still broken, but it looks like they're working on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I notice that the amount beside 'click this link to check for further survey opportunities' on Mobrog has gone down from 0.43 to 0.38.

I managed to complete three of the surveys they sent me by email invite this week and they only paid the full amount stated for one of them.

Edit: They still appear to be crediting 0.43 for surveys, for the moment.

• Advertisement

How much have we all made this year?

Think I'm around the 300 mark.

Advertisement