Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Anybody else tired of the infantile profile question on Cint asking what superpower you'd like to have? It's driving me bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Anybody else tired of the infantile profile question on Cint asking what superpower you'd like to have? It's driving me bonkers.

I always wrote a fairly complex answer to those, at least a hundred words, and I screened out every time. Then I started getting a message about being over the character limit, so I decided to answer in one line. That set something off and I got 10 points taken off my quality score, even though my answer still made perfect sense.

The next few surveys I did through that provider started with having to watch a video on market research and online surveys, and I had to answer questions on it. The gist of it was that we shouldn't enter gibberish in text answer fields...

What annoys me even more are the surveys where I get through 4 or 5 questions about my education and line of work, etc, then it becomes apparent that the survey is only for C-suite executives and there's no option to screen out. It's a waste of time and I don't even get my bonus point for effort (where available).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I went through super strength, invisibility, flying like Superman and got screened out every time. For some reason they accepted time travel, even though I don't think that is technically a superpower.

The other one that drives me nuts is being constantly asked to describe my daily routine. I found with this one that writing less seems to work better.

And seriously how many VPs or C-Suite executives do they think will be doing 38c surveys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

€10 off of io in last 3 days, €6 more needed from redc for the magical €50, was paid out last month also, thats Christmas shopping sorted and then some with all the different payments this year. Happy Christmas surveys lads, hope next year will be good to us again ��

Got a €4,€3 "partner surveys" the past two days(screened out of another €4 also):) pushing me over the € 50 for this month..€ 50 on the way in January,nice.RED C going well the past two weeks for most of us after being slow for ages.HOPE IT KEEPS GOING IN 2021.

Not getting any of the red C luck in my demographic either. Waiting though on a €50 that should be sent soon for last month?

Strangely, have gotten 4 variants of the same survey on a couple of sites for Slane Whiskey which was actually grand to do, very user friendly. Pays ok.

Also, been kicked out of about 5 surveys since Friday about Covid, all kicked out after I say I’m not anxious about Covid. Hopefully them surveys aren’t being used to shape policy. I’d be tempted to lie but not for something as important as it.

You'll probably get your RED C pay out next week.Just be careful of doing the same survey on several sites.Some of these survey sites are connected and if you're found to be doing the same surveys on their sites twice you could find yourself in a bit of bother,or even banned from a site.My advice is (for what it's worth) is,if you do a survey on a particular site and you get the same survey on another site..delete it.Just my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Anyone ever get this with RedC:

"Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers. Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures. We have a responsibility to our clients to provide reliable research. We ask that you give careful consideration to the questions asked and in return we offer a fair reward for the time taken to complete the surveys. We hope that on the next occasion your answers will be consistent so you can complete the survey and have your reward accredited to your account."

It's after the first question was my year of birth, my profile is set up with the correct DOB so I'm not lying to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

"Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers. Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures. We have a responsibility to our clients to provide reliable research. We ask that you give careful consideration to the questions asked and in return we offer a fair reward for the time taken to complete the surveys. We hope that on the next occasion your answers will be consistent so you can complete the survey and have your reward accredited to your account."

It's after the first question was my year of birth, my profile is set up with the correct DOB so I'm not lying to them.

I got something similar yesterday. I may actually have given 2 conflicting answers as I only recently had a bday and have changed age group/band

• Registered Users Posts: 9,345 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

a few people had this last week with a partner survey, dont worry about it as it is more than likely a coding issue with the survey

The internet isn’t for everyone

Got exactly the same thing on Sunday with a survey. Only answered about three profile questions. And I did not make an error. But have gotten four from RED C since, so all seems fine.

I got that in the past and wrote to RedC. They said it was a response from their client's set up and apologised for the wording as I just wasn't the demographic being sought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I got it from a partner survey and also from one of their own ones once. With their own one I had to confirm my age range twice after entering my date of birth as normal at the start. The age ranges were something like 45-49 and then 45-54. I complained, pointing out that my date of birth fitted both categories and they paid me for the survey.

I still have not been paid for an ESRI survey on electricity from them last week. Has anyone else?

another fiver just in from acumen making it a tenner since monday

• Registered Users Posts: 68,801 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got that ESRI survey so its still live; partner surveys don't pay out until they're done.

That'll bring me over the 50 for RedC anyway; and Acumen is still going fine so nearly there too.

L1011 wrote: »
    Got that ESRI survey so its still live; partner surveys don't pay out until they're done.

That'll bring me over the 50 for RedC anyway; and Acumen is still going fine so nearly there too.

Lot's of €50's going to RED C members in January.Happy days.Pity RED C can't be like the past couple of weeks all the time.Still I think RED C are maybe the best survey site out there.

New one from IO this evening,"to get me more revelant surveys".IO want me to allow them to access my TV viewing habits (how they would do this I don't know) .Anyone get this latest message when trying to access a survey.I just logged out without allowing anything.

bmc58 wrote: »
    New one from IO this evening,"to get me more revelant surveys".IO want me to allow them to access my TV viewing habits (how they would do this I don't know) .Anyone get this latest message when trying to access a survey.I just logged out without allowing anything.

Got it, and similar, from a couple of sites a while back. I just said yes and carried on. They have no way of getting the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Your advertising is would probably collect this info

Your advertising is would probably collect this info

How? They have access to nothing via the survey. And my advertising has no connection to my TV watching whatsoever.

Lot's of €50's going to RED C members in January.Happy days.Pity RED C can't be like the past couple of weeks all the time.Still I think RED C are maybe the best survey site out there.

I've only €13 from them since the 1st November.

I've only €13 from them since the 1st November.

Sorry Jim,but I got nothing from RED C for weeks,but the past couple of weeks RED C have sent me about seven surveys and managed to do six of them.Others have seen a similar improvement in RED C.I don't know how I'm getting regular surveys lately when I've got nothing for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I have to laugh at some surveys that ask how many adults or children live in your household with an option of 'Don't Know' as an answer. Just completed an Acumen survey with that question, though I've seen it a few times lately.

How could you not know how many people live in your house? Unless they're hiding in the attic .... :eek:

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I have to laugh at some surveys that ask how many adults or children live in your household with an option of 'Don't Know' as an answer. Just completed an Acumen survey with that question, though I've seen it a few times lately.

How could you not know how many people live in your house? Unless they're hiding in the attic .... :eek:

I've been tempted to say Don't Know but was afraid I'd get dumped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Has anyone any idea how long it takes for a PayPal payment to come through from Triaba and Ask me?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

How? They have access to nothing via the survey. And my advertising has no connection to my TV watching whatsoever.

Your advertising id knows you better than you know yourself

Your advertising id knows you better than you know yourself

I guarantee it doesn't. I can't recall the last time I saw an ad and it certainly wouldn't indicate my TV viewing habits, which is what this was about.

Sorry Jim,but I got nothing from RED C for weeks,but the past couple of weeks RED C have sent me about seven surveys and managed to do six of them.Others have seen a similar improvement in RED C.I don't know how I'm getting regular surveys lately when I've got nothing for weeks.

Typical. :) €6 today already. :)

I’m €78 with red c I’m waiting on few 3rd party ones that’s included with the €78, lads I might make it to €100 double pay out has it ever happened before but wait and see they will leave me on €99 lol

I’m €78 with red c I’m waiting on few 3rd party ones that’s included with the €78, lads I might make it to €100 double pay out has it ever happened before but wait and see they will leave me on €99 lol

I think you will make it as they seem to be flying out lately, I got €4 and €2 today

Best of luck anyway

€100 in Jan,or €50 Jan,€50 Feb.Win win I'd call it.

PS.never heard of a double pay out.

• Advertisement

I'm on €46 myself and waiting on three third party surveys.I expect they will come as there's plenty of time before the 29th.They can take up to ten days to come,but they do always come.

Advertisement