Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I didn't know, it said they would be holding bank details so that's what I was querying. So if I ask for the cheque they will just send that and not want my details

Correct, just reply and say you'd rather wait on a cheque. My last one only took about ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just type CHEQUE and hit reply.
    Mine usually arrives before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭bmc58

Just type CHEQUE and hit reply.
    Mine usually arrives before the end of the month.

Used to get the cheque but since lockdown getting the virtual card.It's quick and easy to get to my pay Pal account(through a friend on PP as we all know).I'm using Pay Pal more since all these lockdowns kicked in so it suits me now.But will go back to the auld cheque once all this Covid 19 trouble is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Correct, just reply and say you'd rather wait on a cheque. My last one only took about ten days.

They won’t be issuing cheques now we are in level 5

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They won’t be issuing cheques now we are in level 5

I got mine even in the last l5. Just a couple of weeks later.

• Advertisement

I got mine even in the last l5. Just a couple of weeks later.

i didnt think they were at the office for level five and only went back for level three but maybe i am wrong

bmc58 wrote: »
    Used to get the cheque but since lockdown getting the virtual card.It's quick and easy to get to my pay Pal account(through a friend on PP as we all know).I'm using Pay Pal more since all these lockdowns kicked in so it suits me now.But will go back to the auld cheque once all this Covid 19 trouble is over.

I rarely use PayPal and I'm of an age where I don't know any friends or family who use it, so I just wait on the cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I've just gotten the email from Red C for my first reward. I would prefer to wait for the cheque but it says . This is the quickest way for us to get you rewards at this time, without also set up security and ask for and have to hold your bank details. What does this mean do I need to give them bank details. I would of thought if I want a cheque and then they send it to me and I just lodge it to my account. What security do they mean and what details will I have to give. Thanks

No I never heard of that before, i would be wary, tell them to give you a virtual visa instead or wait for cheques

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I rarely use PayPal and I'm of an age where I don't know any friends or family who use it, so I just wait on the cheque.

I'd rather the cheque also Jim, last L5 lock down had to wait a few months, got the cheques posted once back in the office nice little bundle came, it's money in the bank lads what ever way suits you go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

alie wrote: »
    No I never heard of that before, i would be wary, tell them to give you a virtual visa instead or wait for cheques

I got a message from them yesterday about my €50 reward. I applied for the cheque instead. I prefer the flexibility of money in the bank!

• Advertisement

cbreeze wrote: »
    I got a message from them yesterday about my €50 reward. I applied for the cheque instead. I prefer the flexibility of money in the bank!

If that's what suits you,it's your money.

Red c is back just got €2

Red c is back just got €2

I know.Got a €4 on Tue but got the boot from it on the last qualifying question about my employment status.But I'm used to it.Still €50 on the way this month so not all bad.:)

I know.Got a €4 on Tue but got the boot from it on the last qualifying question about my employment status.But I'm used to it.Still €50 on the way this month so not all bad.:)

€50 on the way and have 40 points not bad also

Off and running again with RED C for 2021.Got a nice €2 survey this evening.Happy days.

€50 on the way and have 40 points not bad also

So you didn't get the double pay out for Dec.Ah so,you have a great chance of another pay out this month.But a pay out two months in a row is not bad at all.

:)

Is a 90 minute for €4 asking too much?

Is a 90 minute for €4 asking too much?

That's more than mean. Who is it with?

That's more than mean. Who is it with?

IO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I wonder should the survey sites do away with amazon uk vouchers now and maybe offer us amazon france/spain/germany vouchers instead. it would make more sense.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I wonder should the survey sites do away with amazon uk vouchers now and maybe offer us amazon france/spain/germany vouchers instead. it would make more sense.

Some things are cheaper now after brexit the prices really vary
    Anything €22 comes without the U.K. vat and it’s below the EU vat rate for example, there’s a thread in bargain alerts all about it

Maybe add the others but Amazon UK is still of enormous value to me. If the Amazon UK went I'd probably drop the surveys.

Some things are cheaper now after brexit the prices really vary
    Anything €22 comes without the U.K. vat and it’s below the EU vat rate for example, there’s a thread in bargain alerts all about it

dpd wont even deliver from the uk at the moment? a lot of amazon sales get delivered by dpd. you loose the consumer protection now if you buy from the uk. also we have more in common now with EU countries so I think vouchers shouldnt be co.uk vouchers.

dpd wont even deliver from the uk at the moment? a lot of amazon sales get delivered by dpd. you loose the consumer protection now if you buy from the uk. also we have more in common now with EU countries so I think vouchers shouldnt be co.uk vouchers.

Amazon are using an post and their own couriers for deliveries here and shipping themselves in bulk
    I haven’t had dpd deliver an amazon package to me when I’ve had it shipped direct
    Amazon customer service is second to none so if there’s an issue it will be resolved in my experience

All that being said I don’t collect amazon vouchers on any sites but I can’t see them changing anytime soon

I've never had an Amazon delivery in over 22 years by anybody but An Post for a start.

Secondly, I buy a lot of books that aren't available from other Amazon locations. Same with parts I get a few times a year.

And, delivery charges from .DE and others are often horrendous.

At present the only additional cost for most items is Irish VAT instead of UK VAT, which is a percent difference. Items under €22 right now are free of all VAT.

What Amazon need to do is make your gift voucher balance available across all their sites.

And if need be I have a daughter living in NI only 20 minutes drive away.

I've never had an Amazon delivery in over 22 years by anybody but An Post for a start.

Secondly, I buy a lot of books that aren't available from other Amazon locations. Same with parts I get a few times a year.

And, delivery charges from .DE and others are often horrendous.

At present the only additional cost for most items is Irish VAT instead of UK VAT, which is a percent difference. Items under €22 right now are free of all VAT.

What Amazon need to do is make your gift voucher balance available across all their sites.

And if need be I have a daughter living in NI only 20 minutes drive away.

I agree with the bold part.

DPD deliver a huge amount of the items I buy on amazon.

I agree with the bold part.

DPD deliver a huge amount of the items I buy on amazon.

We’re you using the parcel wizard service because Amazon’s delivery partner in Ireland is an post or their own couriers

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Amazon use other options including Fastway from time to time. Plenty of Amazon related threads in Online Buying to go through all of this on

We’re you using the parcel wizard service because Amazon’s delivery partner in Ireland is an post or their own couriers

I was. I will order something and see what happens. :)

• Advertisement

I was. I will order something and see what happens. :)

Pay in gbp and add your Irish address to your amazon account, anything under €22 will be vat free but don’t buy multiple items as that will push the total value up

Back on topic
    Does anyone win the draws on Media opinions or is it nonsense

Advertisement