Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

I have a current balance of 4.50 but iv 7 credits pending that add up to like 8 euro, wonder when I will get them? iv been stuck on 4.50 for ages it seems.

iF ONE member can get 300 euro in a year then its a very unfair system, I earned 50 and did every survey I was eligible for as soon as it hit my inbox, No way could I earn 100 even if I qualified for them all, I have 7 euro in pending also incl the 3 euro sky survey from early april. The customer service replying to e mails is a big problem as up to 6 weeks later when I get a reply the survey is closed. not on to be honest, Yes money for nothing but does not mean that we can be treated like this. Irish opinions make a big income and profit for getting us to do these surveys and should show their appreciation by paying us a fair amount on time and replying within 24 hours like other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

iF ONE member can get 300 euro in a year then its a very unfair system,

It's down to demographics age, marital status, employment, earnings, location etc.. I just fall into the right grouping for surveys with them and other companies. Fairness has nothing to do with it.

You do not fall into the category until you receive the survey and tick male or female, location, no of children etc. I do not get that many in the first place, and if i completed all I receive I would not get 100 euro per year,. So your point is not valid. I do not receive that many end of,

You do not fall into the category until you receive the survey and tick male or female, location, no of children etc. I do not get that many in the first place, and if i completed all I receive I would not get 100 euro per year,. So your point is not valid. I do not receive that many end of,

According to IP surveys are also vetted before they send them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have you completed all the questions in your profile?

I'd say I'd easily make 200+ a year if I qualified for every survey I was sent. Sitting at 60e since signing up at the end of November which isn't too shabby for answering a few questions.

Lucky you, yes all my profile is 100% complete. I got 2 x 1 euro surveys in the past week, did not qualify for either, I had 8 questions answered on one when it said I did not qualify but they had got lots of info first ie re my insurances, intention of changing to others etc. No worries,. I will complete any I get and take my chances. still didnt get the 14th of april 3 euro for sky by the way.

Lucky you, yes all my profile is 100% complete. I got 2 x 1 euro surveys in the past week, did not qualify for either, I had 8 questions answered on one when it said I did not qualify but they had got lots of info first ie re my insurances, intention of changing to others etc. No worries,. I will complete any I get and take my chances. still didnt get the 14th of april 3 euro for sky by the way.
    The sky €3 went on to my balance last week. It went straight to the balance and via the pending list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Waste of time these surveys. It's not money for nothing. It's pittens for very valuable information and time spent giving it. I did a couple of them for the hell of it a couple of years ago, but have no intention on wasting 10-15+ minutes of my life and handing over valuable information for €1 return.

goz83 wrote: »
    Waste of time these surveys. It's not money for nothing. It's pittens for very valuable information and time spent giving it. I did a couple of them for the hell of it a couple of years ago, but have no intention on wasting 10-15+ minutes of my life and handing over valuable information for €1 return.

Oh come off it. A few minutes ticking boxes while watching TV is hardy onerous. Individually a pittance perhaps but it's not exactly hard labour or time consuming. I'll answer phone surveys for no payment several times a year. I can completely fund my hobbies from IP rewards. Others pay cash for equally less work. It's certainly money for old rope.

• Advertisement

Oh come off it. A few minutes ticking boxes while watching TV is hardy onerous. Individually a pittance perhaps but it's not exactly hard labour or time consuming. I'll answer phone surveys for no payment several times a year. I can completely fund my hobbies from IP rewards. Others pay cash for equally less work. It's certainly money for old rope.

What's the thread title? Oh, yes..."Paid Surveys, Irish Opinions?"

I am of the opinion that these surveys are a waste of time. I am well aware that it's not exactly heavy lifting, or rocket science, but I think it's actually shameful to be offering someone pittance for surveys that last "approximately 30 minutes to complete". I recall getting an email last year offering 48cent for a 15 minute survey. I don't know about you, but I can think of better ways to spend 15 minutes :D

Phone surveys? Pffffft. Sorry, but I don't have the time for them either. What annoys me is they never tell you how they got your number in the first place! You either have cheap hobbies, or you spend way too much ticking boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Meow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

All those waiting for pending credits, I had about €4 awarded this morning and another voucher in the bag.

What a waste of time that was, I could have been doing work instead of being paid to answer a couple of easy questions :eek:

I am of the opinion that these surveys are a waste of time. I am well aware that it's not exactly heavy lifting, or rocket science, but I think it's actually shameful to be offering someone pittance for surveys that last "approximately 30 minutes to complete". I recall getting an email last year offering 48cent for a 15 minute survey. I don't know about you, but I can think of better ways to spend 15 minutes :D

Phone surveys? Pffffft. Sorry, but I don't have the time for them either. What annoys me is they never tell you how they got your number in the first place! You either have cheap hobbies, or you spend way too much ticking boxes.

No need to get personal! 300 a year for ticking boxes is easy money. As for my cheap hobbies - far from cheap but I enjoy them.

Don't do the surveys - all the more for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Never been offered anything that wasn't a denomination of 50 for a survey so don't know where you were offered 48 cent. If you are of the opinion that they are a waste of time, then that's grand, you go and spend your 15 minutes any way you want to, and I'll continue to order all my books, cds, games and DVDs off Amazon for free. Good man.

300 a year for ticking boxes is easy money. As for my cheap hobbies - far from cheap but I enjoy them.

If you can "completely fund" your hobbies for 300 a year, they are cheap...and i salute you. I wish thats all i spent on hobbies.
    shanna83 wrote: »
    Never been offered anything that wasn't a denomination of 50 for a survey so don't know where you were offered 48 cent. If you are of the opinion that they are a waste of time, then that's grand, you go and spend your 15 minutes any way you want to, and I'll continue to order all my books, cds, games and DVDs off Amazon for free. Good man.

I dont recall what company used to email me, but it was 48c offered. And yes, i am of the OPINION that pittance for surveys is a waste of time and i will indeed spend my time doing other things. Those books, cds, games and dvds are not free either. You spent hours ticking boxes for them. Good man.

"goz83 wrote: »
    I dont recall what company used to email me, but it was 48c offered. And yes, i am of the OPINION that pittance for surveys is a waste of time and i will indeed spend my time doing other things. Those books, cds, games and dvds are not free either. You spent hours ticking boxes for them. Good man.

Now you don't even know what survey company you were dealing with. Yes, some give derisory amounts but we are talking about Irish Opinions here. I did 2 surveys with IP yesterday. Took 12 minutes in total and I earned €3 while watching the news. Hardly hours of box ticking.
    Maybe best to stick to the thread topic instead of insulting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

I've rarely qualified for surveys recently, but I completed a €3.50 one yesterday. The Amazon vouchers are an absolute God send. Ordered some new darts and flights this morning with them, and to my pleasant surprise the Amazon vouchers were actually £8.70, as opposed to £8.

Now you don't even know what survey company you were dealing with. Yes, some give derisory amounts but we are talking about Irish Opinions here. I did 2 surveys with IP yesterday. Took 12 minutes in total and I earned €3 while watching the news. Hardly hours of box ticking.
    Maybe best to stick to the thread topic instead of insulting people.

You're the very one who took the thread OT in post 821 after I stated my opinion.

Coincidentally, I received an email today from the very company who send me survey links. It is from iPoll (formerly known as Surveyhead....so the mail said). The survey is for €2.49, so they don't just do multiples of 0.50c as the other poster suggested.

You're playing stupid with my statements now. You know that I was referring to a period of a year when I said "hours" of ticking boxes. It was in direct connection to your €300 claim.To make that 300, you would have spent a very long time tick boxes. If you were to earn €2.50 on average per survey and they only took 10 minutes on average, you're looking at 20 hours if my maths are correct.

Why bring Ipoll in to it? We are talking about Irish opinions.

The payout from Irish Opinions that I get works out at over €15 per hour last year. Not bad while watching the TV. You won't make a living from it but it's still easy pin money all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I get about a tenner a month from doing these surveys. They're very quick to do as you don't need to think about them - whoever is spending ages filling it in truthfully is mental. Some surveys are only worth 1 euro... if a marketing company wants my honest input then they need to pay me more than that.

Love getting the vouchers, free wine every month!

Why bring Ipoll in to it? We are talking about Irish opinions.

Because they are a survey company, who are paying for my Irish opinion.
    The payout from Irish Opinions that I get works out at over €15 per hour last year.

That's what I said above. 20 hours @ €15 per hour is €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Because they are a survey company, who are paying for my Irish opinion.
    This thread is about a company called Irish Opinions, not Irish people giving their opinions on paid survey sites generally.

You don't seem to grasp that this thread is about the company called Irish Opinions and NOT surveys looking for Irish opinions. :D

15 euro an hour sitting while doing nothing other than watching TV or enjoying the garden is hardly slave labour.

You don't seem to grasp that this thread is about the company called Irish Opinions and NOT surveys looking for Irish opinions. :D

15 euro an hour sitting while doing nothing other than watching TV or enjoying the garden is hardly slave labour.

I do. I was answering your question as to why I mentioned a different survey company. I have not answered surveys for Irish Opinions. I once answered a survey for the now iPoll. My opinion is that Internet surveys is a waste of time. That is the opinion I am entitled to and have stated why I think they are a waste of time. If you enjoy them, by all means, answer them and get paid a small fee for doing so. I like to spend time here on boards. I don't get paid for my input, but I still spend a good deal of time throughout any given year here. Some people would be of the opinion that its a waste of my time and they can have their opinion too.

. I have not answered surveys for Irish Opinions. I once answered a survey for the now iPoll.

Ah now! Are you just trolling? You never did an IP survey and once did one for the american group Ipoll and you therefore know what a waste of time Irish Opinion surveys are and how bad the rewards are. That's comical. It's like reviewing a hotel in a city you never visited! OK, so you think surveys are a waste of time but we are discussing Irish Opinions. Some have problems with them so we raise them here. Others ask questions of other IP users. What exactly you are doing is quite a mystery and disturbing. - And then you talk about wasting valuable time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

I get some surveys from Irish Opinions most weeks. I might qualify for 3 out of 5 but it is as was said, easy money for a few idle minutes. Goz83, you seem to have lost track of what this thread is about and are obviously, by your own admission, speaking from a position of total ignorance of Irish Opinions. You know nothing about their rewards or survey lengths as you have never done any surveys for them. I get about 12 to 15 euro a month so I am more than happy, as it cost me nothing. It does not even cost me time because I am usually doing something else or waiting on something else when I do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

I am very pleased with Irish Opinions, I have made €80 since January in Boots vouchers. Helps towards prescription costs.

Ah now! Are you just trolling? You never did an IP survey and once did one for the american group Ipoll and you therefore know what a waste of time Irish Opinion surveys are and how bad the rewards are. That's comical. It's like reviewing a hotel in a city you never visited! OK, so you think surveys are a waste of time but we are discussing Irish Opinions. Some have problems with them so we raise them here. Others ask questions of other IP users. What exactly you are doing is quite a mystery and disturbing. - And then you talk about wasting valuable time! :D

No, i'm not trolling. And you seem to be missing my point entirely, which was around the time used/wasted (depending on opinion) ticking boxes for survey companies, which includes Irish Surveys, which I admit, I have not completed any surveys for. I suspect there is no inherent difference between what is done at Irish Opinions and what is done at iPoll. Would you disagree? I fail to see where the word "disturbing" applies to my opinion. It may be a mystery to you, because you are drwing my statements so far off the point and ignoring what I believe I made clear in my first post. And drawing lines between survey companies and hotels/cities is a bit far fetched I think.

• Advertisement

There is a world of difference between ipoll and Irish Opinions. I know because I use both - unlike you. Ipoll pay a pittance and offer surveys infrequently. In the past year ipoll have only amounted to 7.48 for me. Yes they involve too much time for little return but we are discussing Irish Opinions who give very regular surveys with decent payment for short surveys. You just seem to be ignoring that fact. Perhaps my profile of mid 50s, married, retired, and living outside Dublin suits the demographics and allows me earn more with them than yours would, but until you have actually tried them you are honestly not in any position to judge.

Advertisement