Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

patgmail wrote: »
    I get some surveys from Irish Opinions most weeks. I might qualify for 3 out of 5 but it is as was said, easy money for a few idle minutes. Goz83, you seem to have lost track of what this thread is about and are obviously, by your own admission, speaking from a position of total ignorance of Irish Opinions. You know nothing about their rewards or survey lengths as you have never done any surveys for them. I get about 12 to 15 euro a month so I am more than happy, as it cost me nothing. It does not even cost me time because I am usually doing something else or waiting on something else when I do them.

Patgmail...are you following me?

I haven't lost track about what the thread is about. I havent't read the many hundreds of posts here. Yes, I am speaking with no experience of Irish Opinions, but can you honestly tell me that there is a fundamental difference between them and iPoll? Do you do anything different as a survey monkey?

There is a world of difference between ipoll and Irish Opinions. until you have actually tried them you are honestly not in any position to judge.

If you insist there is a world of difference, then I will check it out for myself. It is my belief that you tick boxes for money....and not very much. I don't see right now how Irish Opinions could be so different than iPoll, perhaps aside from the frequency they are offered to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

I think you are the one not following.

I was giving my experience of Irish opinions. I never mentioned ipoll and have never heard of them. I know nothing about them so I would never presume to judge them; a lesson you should follow.

you presume a lot. I only go by personal experience and my experience of Irish opinions is very positive. that's all I'm trying to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

goz83 wrote: »
    If you insist there is a world of difference, then I will check it out for myself. It is my belief that you tick boxes for money....and not very much. I don't see right now how Irish Opinions could be so different than iPoll, perhaps aside from the frequency they are offered to you.

I just told you how different they are. What is your problem accepting that you are in no position to comment on them specifically if you never used them? Sign up, give them a few months to get your profile going and hopefully you'll get your tax free €15 per hour too. That said, I'm done arguing round in circles with you.
    Apologies to the mods for this thread drifting off topic.

I just told you how different they are. What is your problem accepting that you are in no position to comment on them specifically if you never used them? Sign up, give them a few months to get your profile going and hopefully you'll get your tax free €15 per hour too. That said, I'm done arguing round in circles with you.
    LOL. hang on a minute....don't encourage anybody to sign up because it will fill the quotas quicker and the surveys will all be filled by the time I get home in the evenings. fewer people doing them means more dosh for me.;)

• Advertisement

Read back over the posts. Your replies are all defensive. This closes your mind to what I have been saying all along. I said I would try them out, as you say they are "worlds apart" and you still come back swinging words all over the place. The thread has been taken OT and I too apologise to the mods and other boardsies for that. I will look at Irish Opinions, to see if it is really different.

@ Patgmail...I hope I don't take up the last survey slot before you get home each evening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Personally I think Irish Opinions is fantastic. I get anywhere between 1-6 surveys a weeks, ranging from 50c to €2.50. That all adds up. Money is extremely tight, and having that little chunk built up at the end of a few months to get myself a little treat is invaluable to me really.

Joined yesterday as I said. Not making judgement yet, but I completed my profile. I am also married, 4 kids up to age 10, i'm almost 30. I live in Dublin. I have 3 cars and tons of electronic junk and lots of other profile stuff. I received 3 surveys to complete and spent maybe 10 minutes between them, only to discover I didn't qualify after giving them a decent amount of info upfront, before I was disqualified. That's time for nothing, but I will keep on going anyway. You did say to give it a few months, but I just thought I would give my opinion so far on Irish Opinions. It is my opinion that some reward dhould be given for the time spent getting disqualified :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I have been doing these Irish Opinion surveys for a few years now. I get about a tenner a month out of it. Tesco vouchers suit me. Some surveys can be long and tedious when they are over €2 in rewards but I do them in my free time anyway.

A few months ago I got 4 bottles of some Heineken variety posted out to me to sample and evaluate..................

goz83 wrote: »
    Joined yesterday as I said. Not making judgement yet, but I completed my profile. I am also married, 4 kids up to age 10, i'm almost 30. I live in Dublin. I have 3 cars and tons of electronic junk and lots of other profile stuff. I received 3 surveys to complete and spent maybe 10 minutes between them, only to discover I didn't qualify after giving them a decent amount of info upfront, before I was disqualified. That's time for nothing, but I will keep on going anyway. You did say to give it a few months, but I just thought I would give my opinion so far on Irish Opinions. It is my opinion that some reward dhould be given for the time spent getting disqualified :D

Jeez, you're never happy.:( Disqualificatioon from surveys is common with most survey sites. have some patience and the dosh will soon start coming through.

• Advertisement

Looked into my account, Completed every single survey I was eligible for which was about one third, and total earnings april 2012 to april 2013 was 5 x 10euro tesco vouchers. I agree that they do collect vital info before u are disqualified and they dont have to pay for that and I am told they do use this information.
    U fill out your profile ie married, single, county u reside etc. if they so wished they could send the surveys to the relevant people from the profile guide but they do not as they want the free info and then disqualify you.
    Its up to each person if they want to persevier or not but its the customer service and replies to e mails I have a huge issue with. Good luck guys.

I enquired about this long ago and was expressly told they do not use any data from disqualified surveys. The disqualification comes usually when a quota is reached for a particular demographic. For example they know your age sex etc but want say 50 fitting that profile. They send out 200 invitations but you may be number 51 to respond and are disqualified. I believe the number of participants in the 20 to 35 age group is huge while my group of 50 to 60 is much smaller. Therefore I stand a chance of less disqualifications than those in the younger age group. The same applies for those living in Dublin versus elsewhere or urban v rural.

I agree their response to queries or emails is dreadfully slow and usually unsatisfactory, as they seem to churn out a standard reply.

I am not in the young agegroup and not in the dublin area but got one survey in the past 2 weeks and got 1 euro re pieta house. I have alert on my e mails so reply immediately they hit my inbox. I am waiting over 5 weeks now for the sky reward and get the automated reply, Very unsatisfactory indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

been a member since august 2012 and so far have racked up 70 euro worth of Tesco vouchers- so no complaints off me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Did anyone else have problems with the Sky survey? I've got to 92% where it's asking me how many people in each age group/gender in my household. I'm entering the appropriate numbers but it keeps telling me there was an error and I'm not entering a whole number. I've tried writing the number in text and entering it as a number and it won't accept it.

I emailed Irish Opinions a few days ago about it but haven't had a response

• Registered Users Posts: 68,754 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Let me do the entire survey through to the "you'll get another in two weeks" page at the end; then the return page on IO said I didn't qualify. Useful that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 calibri88

I see a lot of mixed opinions! I can understand how frustrating these things can be when they don't work properly, though on the whole, I've found Irish Opinions to be one of the best websites for paid surveys

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Did anyone else have problems with the Sky survey? I've got to 92% where it's asking me how many people in each age group/gender in my household. I'm entering the appropriate numbers but it keeps telling me there was an error and I'm not entering a whole number. I've tried writing the number in text and entering it as a number and it won't accept it.

I emailed Irish Opinions a few days ago about it but haven't had a response

After doing another survey I figured out what I was doing wrong. I thought I's post here in case anyone else is as stupid as I was! I was only filling in numbers next to the age groups and genders that applied but you were supposed to put 0 if you had none of that group in your house. I should have realised, silly me. Although giving me a message saying "you must enter a whole number" wasn't exactly clear either. Saying you must enter 0 if you have none as the other survey U did today did would have made life a lot easier.

Anyway, I only joined 2 weeks ago after reading this thread and almost have my first 10EUR voucher which is nice. I'm bumming around online plenty as it is, no skin off my nose to spend 15 minutes every couple of days on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

I did fill in a long, difficult survey about 3 weeks ago but can't remember what it was for. I lost it just as I filled in the last page but before I could submit it. I sent an e-mail saying this but never got a reply, It would have been for €3.50 as well but it was not for SKY.

Pink Fox wrote: »
    I did fill in a long, difficult survey about 3 weeks ago but can't remember what it was for. I lost it just as I filled in the last page but before I could submit it. I sent an e-mail saying this but never got a reply, It would have been for €3.50 as well but it was not for SKY.

Would you be willing to click on the link in your emails and do it again? That's what I did, even though I had got to 92% with the survey before - it still let me click on the link again because the system knew I hadn't completed it. Might be worth a try!

• Advertisement

Hi Murdy/Wurdy - this survey had so many little boxes and so many lines of questions - when you scroll down and answer a few the options go off your screen and you have to keep going back to the top to remind yourself of what you are answering - by the time I finished I had nearly lost the will to live - hardest €3.50 I never earned!
    Thanks for your suggestion though - I'll keep it mind.

Pink Fox wrote: »
    Hi Murdy/Wurdy - this survey had so many little boxes and so many lines of questions - when you scroll down and answer a few the options go off your screen and you have to keep going back to the top to remind yourself of what you are answering - by the time I finished I had nearly lost the will to live - hardest €3.50 I never earned!
    Thanks for your suggestion though - I'll keep it mind.

I know the feeling - I did the Sky one like three times before I got to complete it which was such a pain. I was just being stubborn though, didn't want it to defeat me!

That's the spirit!

Did my sky survey, no reward . After a month I sent them a mail looking for my 3 euro, was told I did qualify but it would take longer than the 28 days, Nothing since despite another unanswered e mail, Also I have 12 euro in pending and not added to my account, nothing added since 14th april, anyone else have this problem, I e mailed of course but no response .

Did MurdyWurdy get his 3 euro reward after all that, still didnt get mine.

Did MurdyWurdy get his 3 euro reward after all that, still didnt get mine.

Not getting the reward wasn't my issue - it was completing the survey. I've completed it now and just checked the the 3EUR is not pending. I'm presuming that's because I've only just completed the first part of the survey and not the follow up they said they'd send after 2 weeks.

BTW the sky payment never appeared in my pending payments but went straight to the confirmed redeemable figure.

I filled in the second part of the Sky survey today but it hasn't appeared on my pending list.

Mine is completed since 18th April and did not go into pending or direct as I added up my amounts (which was easy as I didnt get many) and they total correctly and no 3 euro discrpancy, I just didnt get it yet. I sent several e mails still waiting 6 weeks to day.

• Advertisement

I just looked at the threads here and dating back to 2006 the same problems still prevail,. What sort of a company doesnt sort out a difficulty 7 years later. The person that posted in 2006 has exactly the same problems that are on the pages here this month. Nonsense...

Advertisement