Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

bmc58 wrote: »
    Since I allowed IO access to my mobile I have been getting plenty of surveys from them.

Do you think it's surveys tailored toward what you are browsing etc? I'd worry about giving access as basically giving over a load of data to them but the it's probably stuff that facebook and google etc have so what of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Do you think it's surveys tailored toward what you are browsing etc? I'd worry about giving access as basically giving over a load of data to them but the it's probably stuff that facebook and google etc have so what of it...

Not especially.I browse items on E bay that I never get a survey on.As you said most of this info is on Facebook/Google anyway.I was wary of allowing access to my mobile in the begining but I did eventually as I have nothing to hide.And as I said since I allowed access to my mobile I have received more surveys from IO.Let them off with my info,I don't mind if it benifits me.I always have the option of deleting any survey they send me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Irish opinions request access to cookies etc on a mobile phone to allow the. To identify the IP address being used to access the site/surveys

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I don't think so. I clicked that approval although don't use my mobile phone online at all. I'm getting as many surveys as I wish as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Anybody do the 90 minute Apples Focus Group recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not especially.I browse items on E bay that I never get a survey on.As you said most of this info is on Facebook/Google anyway.I was wary of allowing access to my mobile in the begining but I did eventually as I have nothing to hide.And as I said since I allowed access to my mobile I have received more surveys from IO.Let them off with my info,I don't mind if it benifits me.I always have the option of deleting any survey they send me.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Irish opinions request access to cookies etc on a mobile phone to allow the. To identify the IP address being used to access the site/surveys
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I don't think so. I clicked that approval although don't use my mobile phone online at all. I'm getting as many surveys as I wish as it is.

Thanks all.

Were you talking about the question that sometimes comes up pre entering a survey that specifically asks them to take access of your mobile rather than the general access setting that each phone has to allow them see location etc

On the former, and I can't remember what it is called, I never select yes to that but wondering if you guys did/ do?

Separately but along the same sort of lines, do you ever allow the user tool (I think it's called zoomtool or something) that they often ask if they can put on your phone / laptop for the duration of the survey? I've dodged that one whenever it arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Thanks all.

Were you talking about the question that sometimes comes up pre entering a survey that specifically asks them to take access of your mobile rather than the general access setting that each phone has to allow them see location etc

On the former, and I can't remember what it is called, I never select yes to that but wondering if you guys did/ do?

Separately but along the same sort of lines, do you ever allow the user tool (I think it's called zoomtool or something) that they often ask if they can put on your phone / laptop for the duration of the survey? I've dodged that one whenever it arises.

I've allowed the user zoom a few times with Irish Opinions and also previously with opinions.ie. I've never had an issue they give u a task like last week it was searching for insurance so they want to see where u looked. You can just delete the extension from the computer when you are finished.

Thanks all.

On the phone one. I allow it as I don't use the phone online anyway.

I don't allow the zoomtool because I just don't like others dropping stuff on to my tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

With the iReach one4all gift cards, are they sent out in the post pre-loaded with cash? Or are they sent out blank and you register them online to claim the funds?

Have slight doubts about a card getting lost in the post and then being left out of pocket.

Saudades wrote: »
    With the iReach one4all gift cards, are they sent out in the post pre-loaded with cash? Or are they sent out blank and you register them online to claim the funds?

Have slight doubts about a card getting lost in the post and then being left out of pocket.

Ireach you have to activate it online when you get it. The email address you have to use is on the website, you don't use your own email . They are the only site I have come across that send them out deactivated. Once you have activated it, it will be ready to be used the following day. You can't use it straight away.

• Advertisement

Got a €4/€2/€1 from RED C today both on the Lotto.The first one was the usual one about the Lotto and Scratch Cards, when I got the second one I was just about to delete it after a few questions as it seemed the same as the one I got about an hour earlier (didn't want to get into bother by doing the same survey twice even if it was a RED C error) but it wasn't.It started the same but it was about new scratch Cards.But the €1 I was unable to do.I got this message when I started it,(a Partner survey)..Unknown Parameters-Your Link is incorrect.What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Got a €4/€2/€1 from RED C today both on the Lotto.The first one was the usual one about the Lotto and Scratch Cards, when I got the second one I was just about to delete it after a few questions as it seemed the same as the one I got about an hour earlier (didn't want to get into bother by doing the same survey twice even if it was a RED C error) but it wasn't.It started the same but it was about new scratch Cards.But the €1 I was unable to do.I got this message when I started it,(a Partner survey)..Unknown Parameters-Your Link is incorrect.What does that mean?

I got €4 from Irish Life, €3 about vaping (didn't qualify) and I got the same error on the €1 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah, the €1 one seems to be stuck. We'll get it again when they realise nobody was able to answer.

Seem to have gotten €10 from an IO ‘Social Topics’ survey delayed. Cash out straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Has anyone got their €50 from red c this month? I know it's a virtual card, but i haven't received it yet.

I think it's usually around the 19th of the month they are issued

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Has anyone got their €50 from red c this month? I know it's a virtual card, but i haven't received it yet.

Got the cheque this week, I think someone above got the card start of last week

Someone posted on April 16th that they got it that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Someone posted on April 16th that they got it that day.

I went back through my emails, and I found it. It was in the promotions part of my Gmail. That's why I didn't see it. Thanks Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭pgj2015

has anyone added the remainders of previous red c cards to the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,547 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I also found my REDC card in an unusual inbox this month for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just did a banking survey for RedC and was asked if I would put forward my details for a 75 euro focus group/phone call. Not my thing at all but 75 euro is 75 euro! We'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Red C should really think about doing the qualification demographic questions before the "what is this animal" or "what is this shape" questions.

Annoying when you get kicked out of a survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spursyiddo

Hi, did anyone ever get survey credit on irish opinions? i order a €10 tesco ecard last tuesday and then on thursday i had €10 survey credit , i can only presume that they have cancelled the ecard but i have not got a notification from them about it

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

For the Red C prequalifying questions, when they ask if you or a household member work in a field e.g. banking, healthcare is this to potentially disqualify you from the survey if the answer is yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

For the Red C prequalifying questions, when they ask if you or a household member work in a field e.g. banking, healthcare is this to potentially disqualify you from the survey if the answer is yes?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

And lying is really not recommended. Particularly as you have almost certainly told them what field you do work in elsewhere!

If you're disqualified from one, so be it. If you're caught out in lying you're finished with them. There's more than enough surveys to just be honest and take the legitimate ones.

Spursyiddo wrote: »
    Hi, did anyone ever get survey credit on irish opinions? i order a €10 tesco ecard last tuesday and then on thursday i had €10 survey credit , i can only presume that they have cancelled the ecard but i have not got a notification from them about it

Something strange there.When you order an E Tesco voucher from IO it's usually in your e mail within minutes.It could be a problem with IO but I have never experienced it.Why not send them an e mail with your question,they will explain the problem to you(if there was a problem).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Spursyiddo wrote: »

Yep I had an extra 10 euro land in my account the other day, showed in my survey history as social topics 10 euro survey credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    If you're disqualified from one, so be it. If you're caught out in lying you're finished with them. There's more than enough surveys to just be honest and take the legitimate ones.

But circumstances change, my son , partner and grandson have moved in so more people and different ages than original status

Advertisement