Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

I also get very little surveys and am still waiting for my 3 euro for sky as are 4 of my friends. What is going on??????
    I've got the same problem. I completed the two-part Sky survey and there's no sign of the €3.50. Still waiting for a reply from IO but by the sounds of it I'm going to get an automated response. Also, I'm conveniently stuck at €9.25 as my balance with loads pending. :(

I emailed them on May 2 about a survey I completed, but didn't get credit for. Here is my reply, which I received when I checked my email today:

Dear Irish Opinions member,

Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing the survey because you did not meet the desired demographic criteria or consumer habits that our client was looking for. Unfortunately we are unable to reward you in these instances.

Please note that we will not pass on any of the information you have given to us in the course of uncompleted surveys to our clients. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We will be in touch again shortly with more opportunities to earn rewards.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

I guess I can forget about the one I did yesterday so :(

I will not do any of these high valued surveys anymore. it says reward in 28 days, I am waiting 61 days to day and no reward. Got the old automated responses also. but mine said I did qualify so 61 days later -nothing. My mother in law also did the sky survey and got nothing yet either. She completed hers in early may, both parts of survey also and nothing.
    Too much like hard work for what is meant to be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

I completed the Sky survey on 18th April 2013. When it failed to show up in my list of Awards under 'pending', I contact IO straight away by e-mail. I eventually receiving the following reply on 23rd May 2013.

Thank you for your email. The pending entry is not showing for the survey because this survey is different than usual and involves extra elements. Everyone who completed all the necessary elements will see the correct credit go directly into their balance total when the survey is processed. Anyway, do not worry, you have successfully completed the survey.

Please be advised that this survey may take longer than the usual 28 days to be processed as it is so complicated.

Kind regards
    The Irish Opinions Team

The question is - how long more is it going to take to 'process' this particular survey... and for members who completed it to be paid? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

WhiteMan32 wrote: »
    I completed the Sky survey on 18th April 2013. When it failed to show up in my list of Awards under 'pending', I contact IO straight away by e-mail. I eventually receiving the following reply on 23rd May 2013.

Thank you for your email. The pending entry is not showing for the survey because this survey is different than usual and involves extra elements. Everyone who completed all the necessary elements will see the correct credit go directly into their balance total when the survey is processed. Anyway, do not worry, you have successfully completed the survey.

Please be advised that this survey may take longer than the usual 28 days to be processed as it is so complicated.

Kind regards
    The Irish Opinions Team

The question is - how long more is it going to take to 'process' this particular survey... and for members who completed it to be paid? :(

Mine went to the actual total - without going through pending - the day after I completed it.

I'm afraid their very delayed replies rarely answer the direct questions asked and are very generic.

• Advertisement

We may think Irish Opinions is bad but I also do surveys with My Survey and their reward points are dreadful. For example yesterday I did an Irish Opinions survey for €1.50. The same survey came this morning from My Survey and had 50 points - which works out at less than 35 cent. IP pay up to 5 times as much as some other survey companies. There is another crowd called Toluna and they average about 20 cent for the same surveys!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,754 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Toluna didn't give anything at all worth actually having when I used it. Points you could use to enter a competition and you could apply to do product tests, generally of useless plastic kitchenware. 20c a survey sounds like a major improvement!

Do they still send emails in half French, half pidgin English?

I got my 3.50 reward for sky to day two months and 5 days after I completed it 5 e mails and 5 automted responses later, I now have 9.75 so imagine I will be stuck here for quite a while, and it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Have to say, I was fairly sceptical of whether this sort of thing was worthwhile. But over the last three months of doing surveys I think it's great.

I use my rewards to fund a small hobby of mine and its great to know I don't have to dip into my wages to fund it.

It's all about what you make of it I suppose!

Balance updated for me today bringing it over €10 but Amazon vouchers are not available AGAIN. Says to try in 14 to 21 days - really not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Grrr why are the amazon vouchers always unavailable?

They've got to be the most popular voucher Irish opinions have available.
    While I would use the likes of Tesco vouchers i wouldn't be prepared
    to wait on them to be posted out to me. The only other choice for an
    online voucher is WoWHD or something so amazon all the way! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

I got my 3.50 reward for sky to day .....

Me too. After the same amount was added to my account, my balance then exceeded €10. With that, I proceeded to request what will be my 5th Tesco voucher. :)

I've taken out €180 in vouchers from IO to date, and that's not even close to the most viable market research I do - have a Kantar scanner, that's given €630 in less time and uses less of my time than IO does.

I thought the shopping scanner only pays about €10 per month.

I thought the shopping scanner only pays about €10 per month.

Plus surveys, birthdays/christmas/anniversary bonuses.

I got a survey to my inbox today and the link lead me to
    a "Win a I-Phone" subscription scam. Weird one, first time
    it's happened to me. Redirected straight from email. Definately not
    a popup. Beware!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Itrebor

I've €6.25, and €4.75 pending, so hopefully I'll be able to get my first voucher soon. I want to get an Amazon one, since I live 2 hours away from Tesco.

I also use Toluna and Swagbucks, and I agree that the payout from IO is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I got another one today, which I started as soon as I received it. It got all the information it needed and then said due to an overwhelming response the survey was full.

Rip-off. They should have stopped it much earlier then.

It was for Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Tazz T wrote: »
    I got another one today, which I started as soon as I received it. It got all the information it needed and then said due to an overwhelming response the survey was full.

Rip-off. They should have stopped it much earlier then.

It was for Emirates.

Anyone else getting screened out after answering a considerable amount of the survey? :mad:

Today I answered more than 65% of the mortgages survey only to be screened out. They got a considerable amount of my opinions and useable data but I wont get any reward for it.

I've emailed them using their online form and will let you all know the response, but it is not the first time this has happened so I'm looking to report them to the regulator. Anyone know who this is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Does anyone know the current conversion rate for the Amazon vouchers? It seems to fluctuate a bit, but I'm hoping it's still £8.70.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You get £8.00

Yes, screened out after 50% WITH ALL THE INFO GOT -same here, and still stuck on 9.75 after 3 weeks with 3 rewards in pending, what a <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

MYOB wrote: »
    I've taken out €180 in vouchers from IO to date, and that's not even close to the most viable market research I do - have a Kantar scanner, that's given €630 in less time and uses less of my time than IO does.

Same here - I've been part of the Kantar Shop and Scan panel for several years now. It's a good payback for a very reasonable amount of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm finding there's a bit of a drought lately with the surveys, I'm used to being bombarded with links (being screened out is a different matter) but there's nothing coming in for the past 3 weeks. I even checked my Spam folder just in case!

Maybe I'm just not part of the demographic they want at the moment.

Amazon vouchers are back! €30 worth just arrived.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dudara wrote: »
    Same here - I've been part of the Kantar Shop and Scan panel for several years now. It's a good payback for a very reasonable amount of effort.

What's the difference between it an IO?

What's the difference between it an IO?

You have to apply and see if you qualify, you then get sent a barcode scanner and you scan in your shopping. You get about €200 a year in voucher credit all told if you partake in it fully, which is generally a case of scanning as you buy and doing the very odd survey. Some odd ones come up from time to time like a few quid extra for scanning a turkey/ham/self-nominated vegetarian product at Christmas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

MYOB wrote: »
    You have to apply and see if you qualify, you then get sent a barcode scanner and you scan in your shopping. You get about €200 a year in voucher credit all told if you partake in it fully, which is generally a case of scanning as you buy and doing the very odd survey. Some odd ones come up from time to time like a few quid extra for scanning a turkey/ham/self-nominated vegetarian product at Christmas..

can you post a link to their site please:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Kantor website is www.shopandscan.ie

I realise that I went off topic here myself in discussing the Kantor panel, and I apologise. Can we please restrain future discussion to Irish Opinions only?

dudara

Advertisement