Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

i

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i

Don't leave me hanging like this.

dudara wrote: »
    Same here - I've been part of the Kantar Shop and Scan panel for several years now. It's a good payback for a very reasonable amount of effort.

do kandar pay you in vouchers or money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

do kandar pay you in vouchers or money?

See the Mod's post 3 above yours!

I have read all the posts since I posted my concerns about this irish opinions surveys,
    I have learned that most of them are not genuine as people on here said they say they are from Dublin/Leinster as that is the area that gets most surveys, also the agegroup and sex.
    They get the amazon vouchers and get them on line so no address is identifiable.
    I on the other hand was honest and get little or no surveys and when I do I get stuck on 9.75 for a month and more and do not qualify and then wait another month for the voucher to be posted as I get tesco.
    I wish that who ever uses Irish opinions would read these posts and see how the surveys are collected and how they treat their members,. Im done posting on this topic and will unsubscribe as soon as I get a voucher, Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

I've been a member of Irish Opinions for a good while now and haven't experienced any of the problems described here. I always answer honestly about my age, location (outside Dublin) etc. and get an average of about 3 surveys a month.

They stopped doing Amazon vouchers for a while but now they seem to be back. I think it's a great way of earning a small bit extra for treats (DVDs, music etc.).

I have read all the posts since I posted my concerns about this irish opinions surveys,
    I have learned that most of them are not genuine as people on here said they say they are from Dublin/Leinster as that is the area that gets most surveys, also the agegroup and sex.
    They get the amazon vouchers and get them on line so no address is identifiable.
    I on the other hand was honest and get little or no surveys and when I do I get stuck on 9.75 for a month and more and do not qualify and then wait another month for the voucher to be posted as I get tesco.
    I wish that who ever uses Irish opinions would read these posts and see how the surveys are collected and how they treat their members,. Im done posting on this topic and will unsubscribe as soon as I get a voucher, Just my opinion.
    Where did you get that "most" people are not genuine.? I answer all questions honestly and earn a nice bundle every year. Sometimes it is in fits and starts but I have never been stuck on an amount waiting on enough for vouchers. I do agree that their response to queries is dreadful and even emailed them to read the complaints here - no reply from them of course!

apart from red c, kandar and irish opinions, are there any other worth while companies to do surveys for?

apart from red c, kandar and irish opinions, are there any other worth while companies to do surveys for?

Lots of companies but dreadful payouts. Toluna for example recently paid points equivalent to 25 cent for a survey I got 1.50 for from Irish Opinions. My Surveys are another company that works in points and the rewards are tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eileenmac

i got a 20 euro voucher last xmas and im at about 10 euros now, but yes the surveys that suit are few and far between and often youre not suited etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Just fully completed a 30 minute survey on beverages, only to get a message that their records show my ID has already completed the survey!

No one else in my family uses the service so this is obviously incorrect. This is the third survey in a row where I have had difficulty. Is there any point contacting them or will I just receive a generic response? I stress I had completed the survey fully, and had just given feedback on the survey itself when this message appeared. I'd appreciate any advice.

robman60 wrote: »
    Just fully completed a 30 minute survey on beverages, only to get a message that their records show my ID has already completed the survey!

No one else in my family uses the service so this is obviously incorrect. This is the third survey in a row where I have had difficulty. Is there any point contacting them or will I just receive a generic response? I stress I had completed the survey fully, and had just given feedback on the survey itself when this message appeared. I'd appreciate any advice.

Same happened to me recently, I emailed them, but didn't get any response :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,880 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Acumen Panel seems quite good, they seem to go through periods of loads of surveys, followed by hardly any.. Their rewards are for a site called http://www.allgifts.ie/ but you can use that site to purchase Amazon vouchers :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I've been on the Irish Opinions site for some time now..

Based in Rural West Coast area , get fairly frequent surveys - Typically I'd get about €50-€60 a year in Amazon vouchers through the surveys...

I'd get about 2-3 surveys a week from them , qualify for 1 at least getting €1-€2 per survey...

It's a handy way for me to fund the purchase a new PC game every Christmas!! :-)

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Same happened to me recently, I emailed them, but didn't get any response :mad:

What email address did you contact? I'm not expecting anything productive to come of my complaint, but I'll try anyway I suppose.

robman60 wrote: »
    What email address did you contact? I'm not expecting anything productive to come of my complaint, but I'll try anyway I suppose.

isabel@irishopinions.com Its worth a shot anyway, very annoying for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

isabel@irishopinions.com Its worth a shot anyway, very annoying for that to happen.

She replied last week to an email I sent off about 3 months ago haha, wouldn't get your hopes up!

Redeemed another amazon voucher this morning and have a nice £66.10 balance now, which is another ps4 game paid for and will probably get half way to another one by the time it comes out.

This site does have it's niggles and annoyances, but it is essentially pretty decent rewards for very little of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

I emailed them about a month ago about the Sky reward(which was awarded not long after) and got a reply last week. It took them a while but Isabel was really helpful when she replied so I guess it's better late than never!

Everything worked out in the end. :)

Thank you. I've now sent a message to "Isabel", so I'll let you guys know if I get a response from the already overworked Isabel! :pac:

Did anyone notice that when they added amounts to our account to day it deducted the amounts instead of adding them on, so we have less in our account and less in our pending, another technical error similar to a month ago, not worth the hastle.

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice that when they added amounts to our account to day it deducted the amounts instead of adding them on, so we have less in our account and less in our pending, another technical error similar to a month ago, not worth the hastle.

Didn't happen me, as far as I can see. I've gone from €13.25 to €17, although I'm not sure what I had pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I notice the same thing in my account just now, but that usually resolves to the correct amounts within a day.

I would keep an eye on it if I were u. I jot down the balance and pending, just 2 figures its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did anyone notice that when they added amounts to our account to day it deducted the amounts instead of adding them on, so we have less in our account and less in our pending

It hasn't deducted anything. Same as what happened last time, some surveys have been "credited" but your balance has not actually been updated yet. Was fixed within a few hours last time IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

I just checked my account and my balance hasnt changed, but I have fewer pending credits :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Tried to claim a voucher just there and Amazon
    literally isn't appearing as an option anymore.

I really hope this is temporary. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,880 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was on the site earlier today, and the logos down in bottom left corner, where it shows the reward sites, included amazon. Now it doesn't. Luckily I claimed rewards at weekend...

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Tried to claim a voucher just there and Amazon
    literally isn't appearing as an option anymore.

I really hope this is temporary. :/

Worrying! All I use, or want, is Amazon vouchers. The other options are no use to me. I emailed them to that effect but God knows when they'll reply. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Worrying! All I use, or want, is Amazon vouchers. The other options are no use to me. I emailed them to that effect but God knows when they'll reply. :(

I know same situation as myself. Wouldn't be arsed with any of the other vouchers.
    I wonder if they've taken them away as an option temporarily so that people will
    start wittling down their stockpiles of Boots, Tesco and WOWHD Vouchers.

I'll send them an email too, I recommend anyone in the same situation do the same.
    Let them know we're not happy!!!!

Will post any replys I get here if/when they come.

• Advertisement

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I know same situation as myself. Wouldn't be arsed with any of the other vouchers.
    I wonder if they've taken them away as an option temporarily so that people will
    start wittling down their stockpiles of Boots, Tesco and WOWHD Vouchers.

I'll send them an email too, I recommend anyone in the same situation do the same.
    Let them know we're not happy!!!!

Will post any replys I get here if/when they come.

Use the "contact us" option on the website as I find it gets slightly quicker replies.

Advertisement