Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Balance rectified this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

maximoose wrote: »
    Balance rectified this morning.

But Amazon rewards are still missing.

Sadly yep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I know same situation as myself. Wouldn't be arsed with any of the other vouchers.
    I wonder if they've taken them away as an option temporarily so that people will
    start wittling down their stockpiles of Boots, Tesco and WOWHD Vouchers.

I'll send them an email too, I recommend anyone in the same situation do the same.
    Let them know we're not happy!!!!

Will post any replys I get here if/when they come.
    live in Wexford and have made about 60 quid since Jan this year,was well happy getting amazon vouchers,no interest in the other options.
    Sent an email 5 days ago asking whats happened,nothing back yet of course,anyone heard anything yet?

NATLOR wrote: »
    live in Wexford and have made about 60 quid since Jan this year,was well happy getting amazon vouchers,no interest in the other options.
    Sent an email 5 days ago asking whats happened,nothing back yet of course,anyone heard anything yet?

No reply from them yet. I wrote to their parent company at infouk@researchnow.com last night to complain about delayed replies and absence of Amazon vouchers. We'll see!

• Advertisement

No reply from them yet. I wrote to their parent company at infouk@researchnow.com last night to complain about delayed replies and absence of Amazon vouchers. We'll see!

I found a thread on money saving expert.com from last year where people were complaining about the same thing on a site called VALUED OPINIONS,[im presuming they are parent companies]the reply was that the cost of the amazon vouchers had risen significantly due to costs, so they were stopping offering them,there was no recent post to say if they were back offering them or not.
    Please excuse the lack of a link to the thread as i dont know how to do that! I found it by searching for 'amazon vouchers at irish opinions' the thread is on page 2 of the search done on google chrome.

Sorry just noticed a post on the valued opinions thread saying amazon vouchers were available again due to high demand,hopefully it will be the same for I.O.

I'm sure they'll be back. I've only been using the site since November and this is the third time they've been unavailable, but always back on the site within a week or two.

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll be back. I've only been using the site since November and this is the third time they've been unavailable, but always back on the site within a week or two.

They have been unavailable before but its the first time in my experience that the option to buy them has been removed off the site or am i wrong about that?

NATLOR wrote: »
    They have been unavailable before but its the first time in my experience that the option to buy them has been removed off the site or am i wrong about that?

Correct. They have often been temporarily unavailable but they are now gone completely from the reward options and their list of reward partners.

Hmmm, that possibly changes things.

Not arsed doing surveys anymore if they won't be available again! Fingers crossed,

• Advertisement

Just got a reply

thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, we can no longer offer Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates on Irish Opinions. We apologise for any inconveniences this may cause you. We're working on adding new reward options in the very near future.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

That's the end of that so! Maybe everybody should write complaining. What about credit built up because they promised Amazon vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just got a reply

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, we can no longer offer Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates on Irish Opinions. We apologise for any inconveniences this may cause you. We're working on adding new reward options in the very near future.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

That's the end of that so! Maybe everybody should,d write complaining.

Ah fcek. They were the best thing about filling out those questionnaires. WowHD is pants by comparison with Amazon and there's little joy in shopping for stuff in Boots or Tesco. Amazon's where I get my treats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Unfortunately they seem to be covered in their T's & C's in regards to subbing in and out rewards. :( However I would still definitely urge everyone who's affected to lodge a complaint, that should at least put a bit of pressure on them.
    2.4 Research Now reserves the right to:
    2.4.1 offer a substitute reward of equivalent value to the Reward you have selected; and
    2.4.2 change the value of the Notified Amount in respect of answering survey and research questions.

Another email from them!

Dear Irish Opinions member,

we are aware this could be disappointing, but unfortunately the voucher were removed by Amazon itself due to its company policy.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

Why would Amazon drive this change?

I find that hard to believe.

My guess is amazon wants more $$$ for the bulk vouchers
    IO buys from them and IO don't want to fork out for them
    as they feel they can get away pawning off Tesco and
    WoWHD vouchers for the time being.

Just got a reply

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

That's the end of that so! Maybe everybody should write complaining. What about credit built up because they promised Amazon vouchers?

Well for all it will be worth i will certainly be lodging a complaint,for a company that offers a fairly regular stream of surveys and pays half decent money compared to most of the rest, they have by far the worst rewards scheme,removing Amazon for whatever reason must surely be damaging to their future business..lets hope so!

Strange reply from Amazon - doesn't say much of any use.

"I can imagine your situation and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy about this decision

Aside from what is available on our Amazon.co.uk, we are not able to provide any further material.

For more information, please see the 'Get to know us' links at the bottom of our homepage:

http://www.amazon.co.uk

As I can't speculate on future offers, I’m unable provide any additional information on this issue."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Anyone else find when you contact them it takes 2/3 weeks for a generic blablabla response

Anyone else find when you contact them it takes 2/3 weeks for a generic blablabla response

Yes. I got a reply to my mail. It told me "not to worry" that I will be credited as I had completed the surveys. In the last paragraph, it told me that I will be credited IF I have completed the surveys. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Yes. I got a reply to my mail. It told me "not to worry" that I will be credited as I had completed the surveys. In the last paragraph, it told me that I will be credited IF I have completed the surveys. :(

I've done 2 surveys worth 2 and 1 euro that haven't been credited into the Pending Credits section and have emailed twice and no response. there was another survey one day that was giving me an error message so contacted them about it ... 17 days later all i got was " Dear Irish Opinions member,
    Thank you for your email regarding one of our surveys.

All emails that are sent to us regarding survey issues are important. We pass them on to the relevant department(s) so they can make improvements to current and future surveys.

We do regret if we were not unable to resolve your problem immediately but survey issues can vary in complexity and there is not always an instant answer or solution.
    Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Generic Bull answer.. ..

It's annoying to be waiting so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

I completely forgot I joined this site 2-3 years ago. Logged in, discovered I had 14.50 in rewards. Thank you boards.ie.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I completely forgot I joined this site 2-3 years ago. Logged in, discovered I had 14.50 in rewards. Thank you boards.ie.

Do they not send you survey invitations any longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

Do they not send you survey invitations any longer?

Nope. Just checked my email account. Have not been offered a survey since 18/06/2010. I had stopped doing them a bit before that as I was bored of them. I would like to get my account at least up to 20 to claim two vouchers....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My entry to this thread was on page 56. Srameen suggested I should join Irish Opinions before forming an opinion.

OK. So I have spent over 2 months using Irish Opinions and I have to say that my opinion has not changed. Unless I whizz through without really answering some of the questions properly, it takes longer than the estimated time. Surveys do come regularly, but they are usually €1 for 15 minutes, which I think is just pitiful, considering the time taken out to complete them properly.

I also have a bit of a gripe with them. I have completed a number of surveys for them, maybe around 15 and my balance is only showing as €4.75, from the basic profile surveys I completed. When I get an email, I click on the survey link and complete it. It now seems that they have not paid me for nearly all the surveys I completed. So, my opinion on these types of survey has not changed, in that they are a waste of time. In my case, my time was stolen, as I received no compensation at all and I don't know what surveys I completed exactly. Nothing shows on my account! :mad:

The following message appears on the IO Reward Claim page in regards to the amazon vouchers.
    Due to circumstances out of our control, we can no longer offer Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates on Irish Opinions. We apologise for any inconveniences this may cause you. We're working on adding new reward options in the very near future.

All I can say is these reward options better come soon and
    best be of equal usefulness compared with Amazon
    if they have a hope of keeping myself and others affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I like the Wowhd vouchers anyway, I use them for games or books for the young lad and makeup for me. Quite happy getting free things in the post for clicking a few buttons, not bothered if it's from Amazon or not.

shanna83 wrote: »
    I like the Wowhd vouchers anyway, I use them for games or books for the young lad and makeup for me. Quite happy getting free things in the post for clicking a few buttons, not bothered if it's from Amazon or not.

I priced a book on wowhd today that I had bought last month through Amazon. Amazon was 12.95 while Wowhd is 25.99! That's a dreadful difference. Wowhd has much less merchandise. Fewer books, no second hand options and no items like fishing tackle or the likes.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    The following message appears on the IO Reward Claim page in regards to the amazon vouchers.

All I can say is these reward options better come soon and
    best be of equal usefulness compared with Amazon
    if they have a hope of keeping myself and others affected.

Did you write and tell them that? I think anybody who is unhappy with the changes should email and comment on the Contact Us option.

• Advertisement

Did you write and tell them that? I think anybody who is unhappy with the changes should email and comment on the Contact Us option.

I did indeed as I mentioned on the previous page, In my message I outlined exactly how I feel in regards to their other rewards and that I feel my interests are no longer being catered for as a member of their site. I've yet to get a response from them.

Advertisement