Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

nice little 1.50 before i go to bed and on the way to getting my second tesco voucher :D

I did a survey this morning to take 15 mins, i had a pain in my fingers from ticking boxes, 45 mins later I got €1
    then this afternoon, spent 40 mins doing one about mobile phones, completed it in full and no reward at all, I sent e mail to Isabel but we know how that goes, I will have reply by Christmas. Should have known better than doing it on a saturday afternoon in August and the sun shining outside, Serves me right, lesson learned. Did any of you do that survey, and did an amount go to your pending?

I did a survey this morning to take 15 mins, i had a pain in my fingers from ticking boxes, 45 mins later I got €1
    then this afternoon, spent 40 mins doing one about mobile phones, completed it in full and no reward at all, I sent e mail to Isabel but we know how that goes, I will have reply by Christmas. Should have known better than doing it on a saturday afternoon in August and the sun shining outside, Serves me right, lesson learned. Did any of you do that survey, and did an amount go to your pending?

I did one friday evening 44203428 for 75c and wasn't put into pending .. this is the 3rd time this has happened and when you contact Isabel, when she replies 20 days later all she says is our records show you didnt do it.. it's like BITCH i did do it! rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

thing is not too except too much out of them. they are terrible to deal with. went for ages not qualifying for anything and then a handy 5.75 in the last 24 hrs. its a handy couple of euro to put towards something all the same at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Blasted through a long survey for a cool €4 Yesterday.

• Advertisement

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Blasted through a long survey for a cool €4 Yesterday.

got that one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

I've been a member for 5 years but I haven't been an active member all that time (I'd go months without completing a survey). I've still collected about 300 Euros in that time, mostly in Amazon vouchers. I'll still continue to use it for Tesco vouchers, even if they take over 4 weeks to arrive.

Lately, though, I've become frustrated. One reason is dead links - I keep getting invites to surveys that don't work (normally they redirect me to Valued Opinions UK). Second is the qualifying questions. You can ask me age, sex, location etc. questions to see if I qualify for the survey, but lately I've had too many surveys that ask me specific questions about products only to tell me I don't qualify. In other words, I should not go through 10 questions to find out I don't qualify. Finally, I notice that completed surveys are not going into my "pending credits". I just completed one for .75 cents and it's not there. I'm not going to remember to come back in 2-3 weeks and check that .75 cents is there.

Anyway, I'll give them a last chance and see if things improve. I notice from the thread that a few people have been having these issues, but have they been getting worse for long-term members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

did a survey for 75 cent yesterday and another one 2day, both are not i my pending list?? is it even worth emailing them about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

So, are we (or can we) do anything about the fact that they seem to be getting people to fill in the surveys and are not compensating them.

I recently email Isabel myself to say that I got 'screened out' of a survey when I had completed over 65% of it. First response was a generic letter, second one said much the same thing .... "the desired number of respondents" blah blah.

Thing is, it's not the first time I've queried with them the amount of information they have got from me before being screened out - i.e. way more than questions to just establish whether I use a service, am the right age/sex etc

Does anyone know who regulates this industry? Maybe we should all email them..... Maybe we should all email Isabel one day as well - stating very clearly we wont put up with being simply told "oh you didn't do that survey..."

I know it's only small amounts, but if you've done the work - it's your money. You can be damn sure they are getting paid by whoever comissioned the survey...

In the meantime I'll be taking screen shots of every survey I do and sending them to Isabel just in case I don't get credited.
    (for those who aren't familiar - press ctrl and prtSc buttons together and it copies the screen. you can then paste it into word or similar and save it)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

did a survey for 75 cent yesterday and another one 2day, both are not i my pending list?? is it even worth emailing them about it?
    No, not for ages.
    It can take weeks, though it doesn't usually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

There have been a few short surveys recently where your balance updates immediatly- ie its a immediate hit, the funds never go into 'pending'. Could that be it i wonder?

I hate the surveys that want you download 3rd party software in order to complete it. Sorry no thanks they can keep their €1 in this case!

In real terms no its not, as they reply in about 8 weeks, sometimes with a completely relevant answer. I wouldnt bother if I were you. I did that .75 c survey too and nothing either, I just let it go.

Would u be bothered to do that to get .75 in a voucher in 2 months time. Hell life is short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

yes i know, 1st time iv had problems with them 2bh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

More than likely im wasting my time but just sent off an email inquiring when the new rewards option will be available as they have been saying on their site 'the very near future' for 2 months now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

NATLOR wrote: »
    More than likely im wasting my time but just sent off an email inquiring when the new rewards option will be available as they have been saying on their site 'the very near future' for 2 months now :(

What's this about a new rewards option? Had a quick look there and didn't see anything. On my phone so could have missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

s_carnage wrote: »
    What's this about a new rewards option? Had a quick look there and didn't see anything. On my phone so could have missed it.

The only change in rewards was adding WowHD in place of Amazon but that is no use as they don't do anything like the products Amazon have. Their books are all american versions and no used books available either. I'm sitting on €120 at the moment with no reward of any use as I don't use Tesco or Boots.

The only change in rewards was adding WowHD in place of Amazon but that is no use as they don't do anything like the products Amazon have. Their books are all american versions and no used books available either. I'm sitting on €120 at the moment with no reward of any use as I don't use Tesco or Boots.

Wowhd has always been an option even when they stocked amazon as a reward, least as long as ive been with em.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just for anyone interested, I said I'd post back when I got the Tesco voucher ordered on the 11th of August - it arrived this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm sitting on €120 at the moment with no reward of any use as I don't use Tesco or Boots.
    Do you drink wine or beer? Do you use nappies or baby wipes? It really won't be that hard to find €120 of usable product in Tesco or Boots.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Do you drink wine or beer? Do you use nappies or baby wipes? It really won't be that hard to find €120 of usable product in Tesco or Boots.
    Or else swap them for cash with someone who shops in either place.

I've always cashed in once the balance hits €10 as I'm probably being too over-cautious by my thinking that something might go wrong, or the site go out of business etc. but given the issues that seem to be occurring of late I'd be very wary of having a balance that large just sitting there - but that's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Argh I just did a survey for 1.50, most painful one I have ever done. (It was about insurance.)

It was mainly comprised of drop down menus. What seemed like hundreds of the buggers!

Who the hell thought drop down menus and multiple Likert scales were a good idea?

ROTTEN

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Argh I just did a survey for 1.50, most painful one I have ever done. (It was about insurance.)

It was mainly comprised of drop down menus. What seemed like hundreds of the buggers!

Who the hell thought drop down menus and multiple Likert scales were a good idea?

ROTTEN
    Thanks - just checking my mail now and see a €1.50 financial products survey in there, think I'll skip it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Thanks - just checking my mail now and see a €1.50 financial products survey in there, think I'll skip it!

That's the one. It stinks!

No to all I'm afraid. In would have to travel just to get to a boots. I used Amazon for books I couldn't get elsewhere and for fishing tackle.

Or else swap them for cash with someone who shops in either place.

I've always cashed in once the balance hits €10 as I'm probably being too over-cautious by my thinking that something might go wrong, or the site go out of business etc. but given the issues that seem to be occurring of late I'd be very wary of having a balance that large just sitting there - but that's just me!

I usually check out at about €50 but this has grown since Amazon vouchers disappeared. I earned over 600 in the past year. I don't know of anybody who travels to shop in Tesco but I'll keep my ears open.

No to all I'm afraid. In would have to travel just to get to a boots. I used Amazon for books I couldn't get elsewhere and for fishing tackle.

So what do you buy? Milk? Bread? Do you know anyone who shops at Tesco or Boots? There is a solution here.

So what do you buy? Milk? Bread? Do you know anyone who shops at Tesco or Boots? There is a solution here.

I think I answered this already. I do not have easy access to a Boots or Tesco and, as far as I know, do not know anybody close who shops at Tesco. What are you, the Irish Opinions Rewards ambassador? I have been with them for many years and found them excellent. All I'm saying is that the current rewards are a retrograde move that don't suit me personally. I'll hold my money on account and wait for different rewards or if I hear of anybody who goes to Tesco, I'll give them some vouchers. No big deal!

• Advertisement

There is a risk in leaving your funds on account with Irish Opinions. No disrespect to IO, but small businesses like this are dropping like flies in the current environment. I'd be more inclined to get the funds in my hands rather than their hands.

Advertisement