Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RainyDay wrote: »
    There is a risk in leaving your funds on account with Irish Opinions. No disrespect to IO, but small businesses like this are dropping like flies in the current environment. I'd be more inclined to get the funds in my hands rather than their hands.

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion and suspicions but I have been with them many many years without any payment problems. They are part of a very large organisation and by no means a small business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I think I answered this already. I do not have easy access to a Boots or Tesco and, as far as I know, do not know anybody close who shops at Tesco. What are you, the Irish Opinions Rewards ambassador? I have been with them for many years and found them excellent. All I'm saying is that the current rewards are a retrograde move that don't suit me personally. I'll hold my money on account and wait for different rewards or if I hear of anybody who goes to Tesco, I'll give them some vouchers. No big deal!

Boots now provide on-line shopping in the republic of Ireland. check the website if they accept vouchers on line then you would be able to use the rewards on-line shopping with them

• Registered Users Posts: 68,756 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is a risk in leaving your funds on account with Irish Opinions. No disrespect to IO, but small businesses like this are dropping like flies in the current environment. I'd be more inclined to get the funds in my hands rather than their hands.

Turnover of 30M sterling, pretax profit of 4.4M sterling, I think we're safe enough.

By the look of their assets/liabilities, all credited value is correctly classed as a liability and is asset backed.

https://www.duedil.com/company/03975073/research-now-limited/financials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

MYOB wrote: »
    Turnover of 30M sterling, pretax profit of 4.4M sterling, I think we're safe enough.

By the look of their assets/liabilities, all credited value is correctly classed as a liability and is asset backed.

I wasn't aware that they were part of a large organisation, so that is a good learning for me. Having said that, I'd rather be relying on the stability/future of Tesco or Boots or Amazon rather than Research Now. But there are no guarantees either way. Roll the dice....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I wasn't aware that they were part of a large organisation, so that is a good learning for me. Having said that, I'd rather be relying on the stability/future of Tesco or Boots or Amazon rather than Research Now. But there are no guarantees either way. Roll the dice....

It is a fair point all the same, If it's physically in your hand they can't take it away. Think Ill claim my balance now on that thought. :o

• Advertisement

Boots now provide on-line shopping in the republic of Ireland. check the website if they accept vouchers on line then you would be able to use the rewards on-line shopping with them

:D You don't seem to realise I am an elderly man. Boots products - on line or not - don't really rate in my life. Anyway this is drifting off topic. The fact remains that the rewards have been downgraded, Amazon vouchers are no longer available and this is a source of disappointment to some people. Simple as and end of.

:D You don't seem to realise I am an elderly man. Boots products - on line or not - don't really rate in my life. Anyway this is drifting off topic. The fact remains that the rewards have been downgraded, Amazon vouchers are no longer available and this is a source of disappointment to some people. Simple as and end of.

They sell ear hair trimmers ;)

(I know - I've had to buy one :()

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Thanks for the info, never thought to look into that before. I'll still claim away in my usual way though, I buy stuff fairly regularly on Amazon so there was never really a need to let balances accumulate and now that the vouchers aren't an option I'll definitely find use for the Tesco ones on a regular basis. Plus I'm still paranoid :)

They sell ear hair trimmers ;)

(I know - I've had to buy one :()

:D Don't need them. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Although it took an entire month to arrive, I received my sixth €10 Tesco Voucher yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

s_carnage wrote: »
    What's this about a new rewards option? Had a quick look there and didn't see anything. On my phone so could have missed it.

When i click on 'claim your reward' i have the following message

"Due to circumstances beyond our control we can no longer offer amazon gift cards,we are working on adding new reward options in the VERY near future"

That message has been there for 2 months now,their interpretation of the 'very near future' could be anything up to a year i reckon! so i dont hold much hope for anything being added soon,but sent off an email to check anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Just searched my email and I haven't got a survey since 29/4/10 :eek: and I have €4.25 in my account, anything I can/should do?

I joined swagbucks end of June and have £30 amazon vouchers so far and hope to have another £50 by end of Novemeber in time for big xmas order.

NATLOR wrote: »
    When i click on 'claim your reward' i have the following message

"Due to circumstances beyond our control we can no longer offer amazon gift cards,we are working on adding new reward options in the VERY near future"

That message has been there for 2 months now,their interpretation of the 'very near future' could be anything up to a year i reckon! so i dont hold much hope for anything being added soon,but sent off an email to check anyway.
    I contacted them this morning on this very issue. Not holding my breath on a reply that addresses the questions I raised though.

Did anyone else do a toluna media one this afternoon? They thanked me for doing it and said I would be credited shortly. I had a look and its not in my account or pending. It was boring, so I'll be very annoyed if I don't get credited!

links for both surveys I got today weren't working... not the 1st time it happened either. just as I was on a roll after a dry spell with them

links for both surveys I got today weren't working... not the 1st time it happened either. just as I was on a roll after a dry spell with them

Same here, but then it did a check to see if they had suitable surveys and I ended up doing the media one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Did anyone else do a toluna media one this afternoon? They thanked me for doing it and said I would be credited shortly. I had a look and its not in my account or pending. It was boring, so I'll be very annoyed if I don't get credited!

Has happened me on more than one occasion.

for a 2 euro
    three 75cent ones
    and a 1 euro

which is 5.25. E-mailing is only a waste of time as firstly you're waiting a month for a reply, and secondly the reply is the generic tripe.. "our records show you did not complete the survey" bla bla bla.. its crap when it happens but what can you do besides recording yourself taking the whole survey

Also just got two links to the same survey and both are not working .

that said Im a member since the end of June and I've 40 accumulated since then so Yay me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Did anyone else just take survey 205367 about wine? It was for 1.50. I spent 15 minutes answering the questions and at the very end it told me that "unfortunately you do not qualify for this survey". I've tried contacting Irish Opinions, but whenever I fill in their contact form it just says "the security code you entered is invalid".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Slang_Tang wrote: »
    Did anyone else just take survey 205367 about wine? It was for 1.50. I spent 15 minutes answering the questions and at the very end it told me that "unfortunately you do not qualify for this survey". I've tried contacting Irish Opinions, but whenever I fill in their contact form it just says "the security code you entered is invalid".

Dont even bother trying to contact them all you'll get is.

Dear User,

Our records show bla bla bla

Blablabla

just got to 94 percent completion on one there and it wouldn't let me move on to complete it, I could go back and change some ans but it wouldn't let me close it off. aaagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Yes same thing happened to me, I clicked Back on my browser and it then brought me to the survey complete screen, but the balance still hasn't appeared In my pending, nor did it go through directly. :mad:

I contacted them this morning on this very issue. Not holding my breath on a reply that addresses the questions I raised though.

Not much help/information but at least the reply only took 4 days.
    Dear Irish Opinions member,

thank you for your email.

We are working on adding new reward options to replace Amazon in the very near future. Unfortunately no collaboration is established yet, so that we are not able to indicate when they will be introduced.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Yes same thing happened to me, I clicked Back on my browser and it then brought me to the survey complete screen, but the balance still hasn't appeared In my pending, nor did it go through directly. :mad:

got a quick reply of them saying I would get the reward for it

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

I just did a survey on lubricants. It made an interesting change from the usual "which of these beverages have you drunk in the last 6 months?" questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got a handy 3.50 for one on supermarkets/advertising was supposed to be 45 mins, had it done in 30,brings me up to 70 euro,waiting patiently for a decent reward option to appear so i can spend it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Tried to do a survey earlier and it said that either I had already done it (I hadn't) or there were inconsistencies in my data profile. No idea how that would be true, it was a bit weird.

I did just do a survey on media for 4EUR which was pretty good. It said it would take 60 minutes but it was only about 25 minutes so that was a good reward. It went straight into my pending credits as well.

I just did a survey on lubricants. It made an interesting change from the usual "which of these beverages have you drunk in the last 6 months?" questions.

Car or some other kind? :eek:

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Tried to do a survey earlier and it said that either I had already done it (I hadn't) or there were inconsistencies in my data profile. No idea how that would be true, it was a bit weird.

I did just do a survey on media for 4EUR which was pretty good. It said it would take 60 minutes but it was only about 25 minutes so that was a good reward. It went straight into my pending credits as well.

MurdyWurdy, do you have the survey number for that one? I completed it yesterday, right to rating it at the end and no sign in pending or in my account of the credit. TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    MurdyWurdy, do you have the survey number for that one? I completed it yesterday, right to rating it at the end and no sign in pending or in my account of the credit. TIA.

Yep - here you go:

Media - 44189391

It was in my pending credits immediately after completing it

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil for your help, its a pain when that happens - after all my trouble while I was watching tv :D

Advertisement