Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seems to be that they're unwilling to give your demographic info onwards to the survey provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Daemos wrote: »
    Anyone else get the coffee survey?

Said it would last 30 minutes, but after 30 minutes I was only about 1/3 of the way through the progress bar. I'm then kicked out of the survey, saying they have their target response, and I get none of the €2 credit for it

Same thing happened me at the weekend, so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Daemos wrote: »
    Anyone else get the coffee survey?

Said it would last 30 minutes, but after 30 minutes I was only about 1/3 of the way through the progress bar. I'm then kicked out of the survey, saying they have their target response, and I get none of the €2 credit for it
    Exact same thing just happened to me, I'm going to email them about it for what it's worth - that survey was easily one of the most mind numbing I've done and to be kicked out after answering that many questions is taking the piss.

"Error while trying to send support email!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Maybe half the email got through before getting kicked out.

Screened out of a survey there while the email still had a delivery time of "0 minutes ago".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I have that survey in my inbox, think i will give it a miss now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

lisar816 wrote: »
    I also do surveys for redc live, but i am on 43 and since then i have done another two survey,s

I got a credit through on Red C today that I done a while ago so you should be fine I'd say! :) I was also used to them coming through immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Was screened out of 2 surveys yesterday but this happened near the start so I haven't the issues others claim to have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

MYOB wrote: »
    Seems to be that they're unwilling to give your demographic info onwards to the survey provider.

There has to be a better way of targeting though. Fair enough, they shouldn't be giving demographic info to the survey provider. But they should be able to target survey invitations based on their known demographic info to minimise cases of being screened out. Would be great if they had some app or interface that allowed users to approve demographic info being passed over on a case-by-case basis to prepopulate those pages of the survey.

Got a survey offer today for which you needed a 14-15 year old teenager at hand.

My profile has me down as under 30 and childless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Here's a twist

I emailed them about the survey I mentioned, and was told I had been credited yesterday for doing the survey. Sure enough, I checked my account and it seems to have skipped the pending credits entirely, and went straight in to my credit total

So all's well that ends well

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

1 euro for a survey that "shouldn't take much more than 20 mins"
    Not to mention it was the worst survey I've seen yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bluewolf wrote: »
    1 euro for a survey that "shouldn't take much more than 20 mins"
    Not to mention it was the worst survey I've seen yet

Was that the dreadful one about car rental by any chance? I've never done a more frustrating long winded survey in my life!

Was that the dreadful one about car rental by any chance? I've never done a more frustrating long winded survey in my life!

Yeah, I gave up halfway through
    Dragging boxes into comment boxes with awful grammar and then asking "what makes you say 'i dont know anything about this company' about this company?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah, I gave up halfway through
    Dragging boxes into comment boxes with awful grammar and then asking "what makes you say 'i dont know anything about this company' about this company?"

Happy i didn't qualify for this then..

Did anyone else get a web server error for the €1.50 travel survey invite today;

Internal Server Error 500

Exception: EConvertError

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a web server error for the €1.50 travel survey invite today;

Yep

Yeah, seemed to work fine for me. Software was 'user zoom' or something like that, which seemed to be used to time you to do certain tasks on the target website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yes, installed and later uninstalled with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

I installed that extra thing and a few questions into it got a message to say it was not safe. I was unable to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I got that but mine was for car insurance,had to make a mock claim with details they provided and give an opinion on the website..it was liberty

No problem with the software it uninstalled fine

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

RainyDay wrote: »

Yes! So annoying! I'm not getting too many surveys lately, maybe I need to change my information!

Another odd one today - screened out of a survey, got the "check for more surveys" button that rarely gives you one. Got offered one and it claimed to be over-quota immediately.

Some serious lack of competence with their quota system currently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just had an interesting one. A groceries survey that took me to a redc survey - not unusual to divert like that. But on completion it did not go back to the IO site and thanked me for the survey. The really interesting thing was that IO said the survey was for €1.50 but redc said €4 would be credited to my account. Does IO get the 2.50 difference?

Advertisement