Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Just had an interesting one. A groceries survey that took me to a redc survey - not unusual to divert like that. But on completion it did not go back to the IO site and thanked me for the survey. The really interesting thing was that IO said the survey was for €1.50 but redc said €4 would be credited to my account. Does IO get the 2.50 difference?
    Do you have a Redc account? You could that.
    If not then just check your pending credit in IO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I got that one again yesterday, I think I've received it 4 times at this stage over maybe the last year. I tried it the first couple of times and got screened out after a period of time, and after answering lots of questions. The last couple of times I received it I just close it without answering anything once I know it's that survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Do you have a Redc account? You could that.
    If not then just check your pending credit in IO.

Yes I have a redc account but they don't know it was me who completed this survey. It is on neither my redc nor IO credits.

I emailled IO so we'll see.

I had it yesterday and completed it ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

I had it too (about the third one I've had from them) and it wouldn't load properly so I just closed it. Got one today that wouldn't load either.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

I got that RedC one too. It said money will be credited when survey closes which is not for a few more days.

Pink Fox wrote: »
    I got that RedC one too. It said money will be credited when survey closes which is not for a few more days.

Did you get it via email from IO or RedC? Did it say reward was 1.50 or 4.00? And if from IO did it take to back to the IO site when completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

im signed up to redc and never get any invites for surveys

as for irish opinions id say ive only managed to complete one full one this yr so far

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have had it before and not screened out before - was this time. Assume its a tracking survey of some description. No great loss, was a clicky nightmare for very little reward.

• Advertisement

Just had an interesting one. A groceries survey that took me to a redc survey - not unusual to divert like that. But on completion it did not go back to the IO site and thanked me for the survey. The really interesting thing was that IO said the survey was for €1.50 but redc said €4 would be credited to my account. Does IO get the 2.50 difference?

Did you get a reply from IO?

That sounds like one a got today from RedC. Said they would credit my RedC account with 4 Euros. Could only complete 61% of the survey as there was a technical problem with the answers.

Got the same survey later from IO but for only 1.50. Bit of a scam if IO are taking 2.50 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That sounds like one a got today from RedC. Said they would credit my RedC account with 4 Euros. Could only complete 61% of the survey as there was a technical problem with the answers.

Got the same survey later from IO but for only 1.50. Bit of a scam if IO are taking 2.50 :eek:

I got a RedC groceries one today which redirected to IO, reward 1.50. 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back, very repetitive and took ages! Bit disgusted to hear there was a mention of a 4 euro reward for the same survey!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I got a RedC groceries one today which redirected to IO, reward 1.50. 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back, very repetitive and took ages! Bit disgusted to hear there was a mention of a 4 euro reward for the same survey!

You need to sign up with Red C to get the 4 euros and only then you will get it if they send it to you direct.

As soon as I realised it was the same survey I didn't complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

dee_mc wrote: »

I got that Red C survey today as well, and it threw me out half way through:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I got that Red C survey directly from Red C, did it and got the €4 instantly on my Red C account.

Just sign up to Red C directly to get their surveys, much quicker to do and better rewards than IO.

I have actually done the same survey before with both Red C and IO, nice work if you can get it!

Surprise surprise! No reply from IO.

Had a survey this morning that gave the following on accessing the link -
    We apologize for this inconvenience, however your device does not support participation in this survey. Please try again using an alternative computing device.

I got this error on a windows 7 based laptop, an android Nexus 7, and an iPad. Beats me what kind of device they intended it for!

They have really gone to the dogs lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Received 8 euro from red c live yesterday, it would take me a couple of months to get that with IO.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

lisar816 wrote: »
    Received 8 euro from red c live yesterday, it would take me a couple of months to get that with IO.

Recently (since mid January and from about October to mid December0 there's been about that a week available on IO if your profile is suitable, and their software lets you through.

Managed to, for about the fifth time, go back to a RedC (presented via IO) survey and think the same question was up again and answer 0 for <18 and 0 for >18 in the house meaning they reject the survey. And its the last bloody question too usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

lisar816 wrote: »

Me too. That was a good day, nearly have the €50 worked up now with RedC.
    I've also claimed €20 in Tesco vouchers from IO since the new year, which isn't bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Me too, have my 50 for red c built up, and have 60 in IO, don't know why everybody isn't doing surveys!

I got 8 euro from 2 surveys with red c, might take up to 5 with IO..

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I may be one of those only ones to have made money form this site, but I admit its not a substantial amount, Ive had an account for years,a nd I find the more I do surveys the more I get, if I ignore them regularly the amount drop. The other week I did finally receive 3 10 euro tesco vouchers but those surveys could have been going back a year, sometimes if Im lucky I might get 5 euro in a week, but they can be few and far between.

Since the end of August I've made 50 in Tesco gift cards on IO plus 10 pending and 50 euros on Redc which I hope is in the post.
    I also do Toluna which is rubbish. You only get approx 50 cent per survey. Sometimes less. In the same period ive only made 15 euro and its not cash either. I waiting on a 15 euro Halfords voucher. :)

I can earn 250+ per year with IO but they can be very frustrating at times. I have over 200 sitting to be claimed but the rewards don't sipuit me since they did a way with Amazon vouchers.

In a good year I might get 100 from RedC. Any other companies pay a pittance.

There are companies that pay considerably more than IO but the general public cannot just sign up, you have to be invited.

I filled a form for one of those but never received a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I can earn 250+ per year with IO but they can be very frustrating at times. I have over 200 sitting to be claimed but the rewards don't sipuit me since they did a way with Amazon vouchers.

Claim it quick - they're not a bank, they're not regulated. Grab your €200 in whatever form you can. The Tesco vouchers are like cash. You must know someone who shops in Tescos, or use it to buy beer or wine or whatever.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Claim it quick - they're not a bank, they're not regulated. Grab your €200 in whatever form you can. The Tesco vouchers are like cash. You must know someone who shops in Tescos, or use it to buy beer or wine or whatever.

I'm not in the least bit worried. I've been with them for many years without problem. Panic not! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm not in the least bit worried. I've been with them for many years without problem. Panic not! :)

I had a lot of rewards built up with IO since 2005 or 2006; I didn't cash it in, I didn't do any surveys for a year or 2 and when I went back there was no record of the rewards. So maybe it is a good idea to cash them in, seeing as there's no guarantee they'll ever have Amazon vouchers as payment again. You could get the Boots or Tesco vouchers and sell them on Adverts.ie or similar, I've seen there's a woman from Cork who buys vouchers for slightly below their value.

Advertisement