Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

dee_mc wrote: »
    I had a lot of rewards built up with IO since 2005 or 2006; I didn't cash it in, I didn't do any surveys for a year or 2 and when I went back there was no record of the rewards. So maybe it is a good idea to cash them in, seeing as there's no guarantee they'll ever have Amazon vouchers as payment again. You could get the Boots or Tesco vouchers and sell them on Adverts.ie or similar, I've seen there's a woman from Cork who buys vouchers for slightly below their value.

I'll use them soon I suppose but at 70 years of age I'm a bit past selling vouchers I got basically for free on adverts.ie or anywhere else. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'll use them soon I suppose but at 70 years of age I'm a bit past selling vouchers I got basically for free on adverts.ie or anywhere else. :)

Regardless of your age, just letting you know there's a market for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've built up €150 in the hope of either Amazon vouchers returning or a new reward being added,don't think either of those are going to happen at this stage,plus I.O. customer service isn't what you would call world class! So will go for the Tesco vouchers, have a new extra store nearby,will find some use for them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

cash them sure you can always use them as presents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My main disappointment is that I used Amazon to buy fishing equipment and secondhand books. The WowCD crowd are very expensive and don't carry the range. But heck it's something for nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

halfway through a tv provider survey, and got told they have reached the target
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

halfway through a tv provider survey, and got told they have reached the target
    thanks
    Ditto. You should have heard the language out of me just now! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Anyone get the Miscellaneous one this morning, it showed a video of robots, then asked what animal can you see, i said i cant see the animal so, didn't receive the survey.???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ShaneSheep555

Yes the very same with me unfortunately!
    I started using Irish Opinions and was 'Promised' 1 - 2 euro PER survey.
    I have done about 10-15 surveys and have about 5 or 6 euro in the account.

Every survey I have done only pays out about 50 cent per survey If you don't get screened out!

I suppose it depends on how much information you have on your profile aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

lisar816 wrote: »
    Anyone get the Miscellaneous one this morning, it showed a video of robots, then asked what animal can you see, i said i cant see the animal so, didn't receive the survey.???

Yeah I got that, annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Yes the very same with me unfortunately!
    I started using Irish Opinions and was 'Promised' 1 - 2 euro PER survey.
    I have done about 10-15 surveys and have about 5 or 6 euro in the account.

Every survey I have done only pays out about 50 cent per survey If you don't get screened out!

I suppose it depends on how much information you have on your profile aswel.
    That is very odd. I don't think I've ever received less than 75 cents per survey
    Maybe once or twice but no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ShaneSheep555

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    That is very odd. I don't think I've ever received less than 75 cents per survey
    Maybe once or twice but no more.

It is all right! I'd say most of the folks here recieve around 75 cents per survey :)

Maybe surveying isn't my forté haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I did three surveys yesterday and one already this morning earning me a grand total of €7.50. I've never had any problems with them. I've noticed that the reward values seem to have gone up lately too, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

i think ill have to find myself a kid for some of the surveys :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Had that one today myself I use Google Chrome, and the video download was blocked by my Adblocker. I unblocked it for that page and hey presto the download started.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Me too!!:o

mickzer.

mickzer wrote: »
    Me too!!:o

mickzer.

That'll be 75c please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

I was told at Tesco checkout that one of my gift cards was "invalid" and to contact the card issuer. I emailed Irish Opinions 3 times before they eventually replied that the card had been used - which wasn't true. Now I know it's only €10 but I was getting cross. Eventually I rang Tesco head office and was told that the €10 was still on the card, so try again. This morning I cleaned off the sticky goo (you'll know what I mean if you've received one of these from IO) and it went through the checkout no problem!!

So the moral of this story is...if you're ever told your gift card is invalid, it could well be a problem with the scanner at Tesco. Ring head office and ask them to check the balance on it.

Happy ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got my latest batch of Tesco gift cards sent by registered post.

Is this a new practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

As did my last couple.

However, this time I got 5 x €10 cards. There may be a policy to register the mail after a certain value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

As did my last couple.

However, this time I got 5 x €10 cards. There may be a policy to register the mail after a certain value.

I always get them registered, but i always order 5 at a time, so maybe it is depends on the amount ordered.

....or 3:)

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had a hideous, repetetive 75c survey today, filled in the stars at the end and for the first time ever, none of them were over 2.0 - more under 1.0 than above. Maybe people are starting to use them properly? Took about an hour of flicking to it as I got bored to finish it.

Got one sent in today asking what region in the UK I lived and listed several UK regions and no ROI ones.

Their targeting seems to be a bit off. :p

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Got one sent in today asking what region in the UK I lived and listed several UK regions and no ROI ones.

Their targeting seems to be a bit off. :p

Yeah, got that one too....selected Northern Ireland..........closest:D

mickzer.

• Advertisement

Advertisement