Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Must check out Cint, cheers.
    This year has been my best yet on Irish Opinions; I'm basically getting a Boots voucher every month. I should have another 30 quid banked for the Christmas sales at this rate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

jackoire wrote: »
    Ye I got the webcam survey on RedC, I always fake my cam with software.

Tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I just got screened out of a survey for being single. Way to make me feel good RedC.:(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

You get €10 not £10 in a voucher for All gifts.ie where the Amazon vouchers are in £. It's €12.50 for a £10 voucher so you can only buy a £5 voucher using €6.50 of your tenner leaving a balance of 3.50 that you can't yet spend. It's a pain in the butt!

I'm not familiar with Acumen, but I just looked at the all gifts website and see they have €40 and €50 vouchers for different things. Is it possible to accumulate that much or is it one of those survey sites where they always seem to withhold the last 50 cent or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Just did it.
    15 seconds of drivel on what it means to be Irish. Just hope I'm not used in advertising campaigns

I just checked my RedC eaarnings. €230 since march 2011.

I'm on €47 so my next survey should put me over the €50. Any issues getting paid and do they pay out fairly quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm on €47 so my next survey should put me over the €50. Any issues getting paid and do they pay out fairly quickly?

It's a monthly cheque run so fairly prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm not familiar with Acumen, but I just looked at the all gifts website and see they have €40 and €50 vouchers for different things. Is it possible to accumulate that much or is it one of those survey sites where they always seem to withhold the last 50 cent or so?

I've received 50 from Acumen and I've another 15 or so since. Surveys are irregular and clumpy - can get a tenner in a day then nothing for a week. You can cash out below 50, think its 15/25/30/40 or similar, but most of the vouchers are 50+ so you'd need to put your own cash against it if you do.

RedC cheque usually arrives the first week of the month after you go over 50; its only 50 they send so any excess is left in the account.

Managed to screen out of a RedC today as I could only identify the "what's this animal" sound as one thing, which it apparently wasn't - its not a bloody table quiz!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eileenmac

i got 20 euro in vouchers off them about 2 years ago and ive just sent off for another 20 but it has taken me ages to get up to 20 euros cos as others on here quoted, you dont always meet their requirements...

eileenmac wrote: »
    i got 20 euro in vouchers off them about 2 years ago and ive just sent off for another 20 but it has taken me ages to get up to 20 euros cos as others on here quoted, you dont always meet their requirements...

Even being bumped out of most, I get in excess of 200 per year. How it would take so long to get 20 is beyond me if you are accessing the surveys promptly.

Even being bumped out of most, I get in excess of 200 per year. How it would take so long to get 20 is beyond me if you are accessing the surveys promptly.

These sites have a vastly disproportionate number of mid 30s to mid 40s working females and you'd screen out far more often in that band than otherwise.

On a similar age band note, Shop and Scan are looking for younger (mid 20s and below) panelists now. Works out at about €100 a year in a normal year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 eileenmac

200 is a nice amount to get a year !..you get what you put in i suppose and i dont do a lot of the surveys as time is limited etc....maybe next year il try complete more surveys and see how fast it adds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Maybe one in five surveys from that provider work for me, and none on webperspectives

Ordered my 19th and 20th Tesco voucher of 2014 today (although some of that was August-December 2013 earnings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

L1011 wrote: »
    On a similar age band note, Shop and Scan are looking for younger (mid 20s and below) panelists now. Works out at about €100 a year in a normal year.
    How do you get the enrolment key they ask for when signing up?

Virtanen wrote: »
    How do you get the enrolment key they ask for when signing up?

https://www.volunteer4panels.com/

I don't even know how to do referral codes even if they were allowed here; should really check it as two people I suggested it to are on the panel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Did anyone else get the mad survey about:
    ham/xmas gifts/xmas finances/irish water privatisation/berocca/financial institutions???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

bluewolf wrote: »
    ham/xmas gifts/xmas finances/irish water privatisation/berocca/financial institutions???

No, I love the random ones! Maybe tomorrow!

I got one with bits and pieces of similar content a few days ago but not that entire list.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

bluewolf wrote: »

No, but I want to. I did fill out a 0.50c survey about xmas gifts few days ago, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

18 euro in pending credits for over 6 weeks at this stage. I emailed IO and got a standard response but what does this even mean???

"Please note that surveys hosted by our clients do not show up in your account as pending. In these instances the credit will go directly into your balance when the survey is processed"

So the surveys that are in the pending section are from who exactly if not their clients? Is it worth responding to their email and asking them to investigate further?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'd agree with this. The last couple of times I've emailed them the replies seemed to indicate that they hadn't really read my original emails. I did spell out the issues clearly but it was obvious they weren't really interested so I just left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

polydactyl wrote: »
    18 euro in pending credits for over 6 weeks at this stage. I emailed IO and got a standard response but what does this even mean???

"Please note that surveys hosted by our clients do not show up in your account as pending. In these instances the credit will go directly into your balance when the survey is processed"

So the surveys that are in the pending section are from who exactly if not their clients? Is it worth responding to their email and asking them to investigate further?

Best thing to do is have a good look at your history. All of your completed surveys should be there. Then compare them with your pending ones and you should then be able to guage which surveys are in & which are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

anyone ever have any problems signing in to your Irish Opinions account? i have tried a few times today and it wont let me sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

guest2014 wrote: »
    anyone ever have any problems signing in to your Irish Opinions account? i have tried a few times today and it wont let me sign in.

I cannot sign in, I don't know should I even bother contacting them by email.

I have just signed in, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I can't log in either and when I click forgot password they have no record of my email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

I can log in as usual. Also noticed they have credited a good few of my pending rewards so that list is much shorter now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

boardzz wrote: »
    I can't log in either and when I click forgot password they have no record of my email address.

This happened before. It got sorted out. Try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

i contacted irish opinions, they replied with "We checked your account and we have noticed that this was unsubscribed due to a technical issue now solved."

I can sign in again.

Advertisement