Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

bluewolf wrote: »
    thank goodness, I did too - "what kind of question is this???"
    I would have thought "spice burgers" was the obvious answer to that question :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So it sounds like these really aren't worth bothering with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

ED E wrote: »
    So it sounds like these really aren't worth bothering with?

I make 20 or 30 euro a month doing about an hour's worth of surveys per week, which to me is worth it. Plus €50 every few months from RedC. I suppose it depends on the person, to me it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

i used to have good experience with them but its gone down the hill big time.
    evoucher never receiver. numerous emails never answered.
    Automated email advises to wait 24 hours for e voucher and up to 6 weeks for mailed voucher
    5 weeks into chasing evoucher and nothing yet.
    To me they are more like <SNIP> at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

i used to have good experience with them but its gone down the hill big time.
    evoucher never receiver. numerous emails never answered.
    Automated email advises to wait 24 hours for e voucher and up to 6 weeks for mailed voucher
    5 weeks into chasing evoucher and nothing yet.
    To me they are more like <SNIP> at this point.

They may have their faults when it comes to replying to queries but you most certainly cannot compare them to <SNIP>. I get my vouchers within the expected time. I earned over 300 no problem last year and heading for even more this year by the looks of things so far in 2015. So, you are going too far with the <SNIP> analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

They may have their faults when it comes to replying to queries but you most certainly cannot compare them to a scam. I get my vouchers within the expected time. I earned over 300 no problem last year and heading for even more this year by the looks of things so far in 2015. So, you are going too far with the scam analogy.

You are very defensive here , sounds like you are working for them.

Yes it does sound like<SNIP> to me. I did not get voucher within their given time - 24 hours. evoucher never received and 5 weeks of emailing them resulted in one automated response and nothing else. So what do i call this kind of Mickey mouse operation?

You are very defensive here , sounds like you are working for them.

Yes it does sound like <SNIP> to me. I did not get voucher within their given time - 24 hours. evoucher never received and 5 weeks of emailing them resulted in one automated response and nothing else. So what do i call this kind of Mickey mouse operation?

:D The old "you must work for them" line when somebody actually disagrees with you!

Of course I don't work for them. I'm 71 for a start and I retired from a field far removed from a survey company. I simply stated that referring to them as a scam is over the top and that I have had great earnings from them, for little effort, for a few years now. OK there may be a problem with your vouchers but they are not a scam. A scam is defined as a dishonest or fraudulent activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got the euro for the survey that bombed on 100% last week

Also got a survey for 0.01 this morning. A missing question from a longer survey. Problem is that as everything else is a multiple of 25c that the 1c is completely unpayable, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

L1011 wrote: »
    Got the euro for the survey that bombed on 100% last week

Also got a survey for 0.01 this morning. A missing question from a longer survey. Problem is that as everything else is a multiple of 25c that the 1c is completely unpayable, ever.

I looked on it as a nominal 1 cent as I was paid for the survey that left out one simple question. I would have had no issue doing it for free as it took 10 seconds to do. I suspect the system just required a nominal amount applied.

• Advertisement

Just finished another. That's 8.75 earned today alone. There seems to be a pick up in the number of surveys.

I looked on it as a nominal 1 cent as I was paid for the survey that left out one simple question. I would have had no issue doing it for free as it took 10 seconds to do. I suspect the system just required a nominal amount applied.

Its going to do terrible, terrible things for my OCD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I'm 71
    Just finished another. That's 8.75 earned today alone. There seems to be a pick up in the number of surveys.

I'm in the wrong demographic! Very little doing for me since Christmas.

It would be wrong to set up a separate account for my 71 year old imaginary friend, wouldn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Skid X wrote: »
    I'm in the wrong demographic! Very little doing for me since Christmas.

It would be wrong to set up a separate account for my 71 year old imaginary friend, wouldn't it? :D

Skid, I'm shocked! I'm sure nobody has separate accounts in order to fit a range of demographics :rolleyes:
    (Just to clarify, I don't because I'm not the crafty type, but I know of several people who do!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

dee_mc wrote: »
    Skid, I'm shocked! I'm sure nobody has separate accounts in order to fit a range of demographics :rolleyes:
    (Just to clarify, I don't because I'm not the crafty type, but I know of several people who do!)

:) Ah, it's not worth the hassle of developing a split personality just for a few Tesco vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I just got screened out of a survey because I haven't had a alcoholic drink in the past 24 hours.... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Signed up a few days ago and have done €10 worth of surveys but €8.25 is pending. Does it really take 6 weeks for the pending status to change?

I want my Tesco voucher! :)

Many come through quicker but expect some to take the 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've a load of surveys in my inbox that I just havent bothered doing.

I got €5 from RedC this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bammer the slammer

I found the best one to be Irish Opinions RedC also really good, whatever you do don't use the Acumen Panel just got a very snotty mail informing me that because my wife and me both share the same wi-fi at home that we are breaching the terms and conditions. I have read and heard that they do this to postpone paying out apparently they let you redeem once or twice and then you get some stupid email telling you that you did something or another and I have a friend who had the same deal and they told him they were investigating the matter (HELLO) Have to say I thought it was about expressing your opinion in an open and honest manner, do they want new accounts or what or is this one just another scam it is quite unbelievable. You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I found the best one to be Irish Opinions RedC also really good, whatever you do don't use the Acumen Panel just got a very snotty mail informing me that because my wife and me both share the same wi-fi at home that we are breaching the terms and conditions. I have read and heard that they do this to postpone paying out apparently they let you redeem once or twice and then you get some stupid email telling you that you did something or another and I have a friend who had the same deal and they told him they were investigating the matter (HELLO) Have to say I thought it was about expressing your opinion in an open and honest manner, do they want new accounts or what or is this one just another scam it is quite unbelievable. You have been warned.

Its common practice for all survey company's to only alone ONE account per household. It usually says in the TOS on survey sites.

Acumen panel surveys have dried up for me, was great up until xmas. Also not much surveys from Opinionworld.

RedC / IO / Valued Opinions are going good for me, most of the time I spend on GPT sites now. Anyone else use task sites like Clickworker?

Thanks guys for your response. Had heard that no VPNs but I think Acumen is a bit of a scam too many bad reports from different people.. I am going to check out clickworker and valued opinions. Also MySurvey iPoll and Triaba are fair and of course it all depends on your profile. But they pay out no problem and no nasty mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Thanks guys for your response. Had heard that no VPNs but I think Acumen is a bit of a scam too many bad reports from different people.. I am going to check out clickworker and valued opinions. Also MySurvey iPoll and Triaba are fair and of course it all depends on your profile. But they pay out no problem and no nasty mails.

Valued opinions is UK only, I live beside the boarder so can use a Northern Irish IP. MySurvey does not pay that well and I don't like there survey formatting (I do get a fair few survey invites though).

Ones to try, they dont send a lot of surveys but there surveys are quick and pay fairly.

Triaba / Ideas Panel / Opinion world / Askmepayme / iReach conversions.

Thank you jackoire for the valuable information, very much appreciared.

I have never had any problems with Acumen and cash out regularly with them.
    Mysurveys take forever to clock up enough to cash out. Likewise ireach are very slow and require too high a balance before cashing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I have never had any problems with Acumen and cash out regularly with them.
    Mysurveys take forever to clock up enough to cash out. Likewise ireach are very slow and require too high a balance before cashing in.

I agree with you about Acumenpanel. I also find it nice to be able to get a few Amazon vouchers in contrast to Irish Opinions.

• Advertisement

Been an incredibly busy morning for survey invites - 3 RedC and 2 IO (screened out of one after two questions); and a RedC phone survey but that was work related

Advertisement