Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

IO pays you far less for your time than RedC and Acumen, though. Screening out on those is usually isntant, and Acumen pay you a small amount for screening out.

IO returning more payments doesn't make it more worth your time - if you thought that you'd use Toluna!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

mrmeindl wrote: »
    IMO the only site worth the time with is Irish opinions, I've been rejected from god knows how many RedC surveys over the last year or so, I'm on €48 with them so when I hit €50 I'm giving up on them. In the same time I've got about £80 in amazon vouchers from acumen and about €120 in tesco vouchers from Irish opinons. I get one or 2 IO surveys per day on average so it's easy to build up some money with them.

I don't recall ever getting screened out of RedC. I don't get many invites, none for the last couple of weeks, but when I get them, they all seem to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

RainyDay wrote: »
    I don't recall ever getting screened out of RedC. I don't get many invites, none for the last couple of weeks, but when I get them, they all seem to work for me.

I think I managed to get through 50-60% of RED C surveys. IO shut out of about 95% of what they have invited me for. I might have more luck if I fill out my profile more completly, but too pressed for time right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

mcormcor wrote: »
    Those 4 are the best Irish ones. You might try ideaspanel.ie also, pretty good, might cash out at around €60-80 per year in vouchers, Dunnes, Tesco, Supervalu, Amazon etc.

I've just signed up to this so will see how it goes..
    IO works well for me although I did get screened out of the 22.50 one:(
    Been sitting on 41 points on Red C for a month and a half..wish I could get to the 50..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I've missed out on all but one Red C survey since I signed up because they always saw not compatible with a mobile device. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm only dumped out of about 1 in 15 RedC. Probably has to do with the demographic I fit in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

The last 2 or 3 redc suveys I got I couldn't manage to even start the survey because it expects a UK postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Shiny new website coming on stream tonight. Got my €22.50 last Tuesday.
    How long were you waiting to be credited? I completed it last night.. just wondering when I can expect to see it in my account.

mrmeindl wrote: »
    The last 2 or 3 redc suveys I got I couldn't manage to even start the survey because it expects a UK postcode.

2 of these for me in the last 2 days - I've emailed them, but no response...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Hi just wondering does anyone here have any experience with Userneeds? Are they any good, worth signing up with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

disco girl wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anyone here have any experience with Userneeds? Are they any good, worth signing up with?

I'm signed up with them, I get about 4 or 5 surveys a month. I would suggest always selecting to save your points as payment for surveys, they're always trying to make you spend them on a scratchcard, I used to do that but never won anything. Save your points and like Acumen you get an AllGifts.ie voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Toxica wrote: »
    I'm signed up with them, I get about 4 or 5 surveys a month. I would suggest always selecting to save your points as payment for surveys, they're always trying to make you spend them on a scratchcard, I used to do that but never won anything. Save your points and like Acumen you get an AllGifts.ie voucher.

just had a look at their site, where are the surveys? doesn't seem like a very user friendly site. I would like to join but cant see where the surveys are? can someone please post a link maybe?:)

pgj2015 wrote: »
    just had a look at their site, where are the surveys? doesn't seem like a very user friendly site. I would like to join but cant see where the surveys are? can someone please post a link maybe?:)

They email the surveys to you like IO and RedCLive do.

They email the surveys to you like IO and RedCLive do.

do i email them asking to join?

do i email them asking to join?

http://userneeds.com/for-our-panel-members/frequently-asked-questions/registration

I did one of their website surveys on http://www.one4all.ie the other day so if you visit their site you and do their survey you might get to join that way.

http://userneeds.com/for-our-panel-members/frequently-asked-questions/registration

I did one of their website surveys on http://www.one4all.ie the other day so if you visit their site you and do their survey you might get to join that way.

thanks a lot for that, i am a member now.

anyone have any problems with ireach? i did a really long survey (my first with ireach) a few weeks ago and have not be accredited for it yet.

thanks a lot for that, i am a member now.

anyone have any problems with ireach? i did a really long survey (my first with ireach) a few weeks ago and have not be accredited for it yet.

Ireach are pretty slow at crediting you for surveys.

Severe boredom in work has meant I've done a few Toluna surveys

Have found that the lower the points, the far shorter they take - a 2000 pointer (50c value) will be the same as a €2 on Irish Opinions but a 1600 (40c) could take seconds. Still a long slog but I really do have nothing better to be doing today!

If you even think the same survey could come up on another site, drop it as you'll get paid more by the other site. One they keep offering is the Milward Brown tracking survey on beer brands which IO pay rather a lot better for.

I got their 'Hot Topics' survey this evening about Eircodes, which was starting to look like a way of doing a small but free survey. On the fourth page it crapped out, with;

We are sorry, the page you are trying to access has a technical error.

If the error persists please contact our member service at enquiries@irishopinions.com and copy the link that is causing you the problem in the body of the e-mail. We apologise for any inconvenience .

I got their 'Hot Topics' survey this evening about Eircodes, which was starting to look like a way of doing a small but free survey. On the fourth page it crapped out, with;

We are sorry, the page you are trying to access has a technical error.

If the error persists please contact our member service at enquiries@irishopinions.com and copy the link that is causing you the problem in the body of the e-mail. We apologise for any inconvenience .

• Advertisement

It was only 4 pages long; but I do suspect it was a survey they weren't paid much for and weren't going to pay participants for. I've done a few surveys about eircodes because the losing bidders and some vested interests are trying their best to cause trouble about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I got the same survey, and the same message after their fourth question about why I have such an opinion on eircodes.
    I've also got a pending credit for a €2 survey on beverages. Not entirely sure when I completed it but it was at least 2 weeks ago. Anyone else have this?

Search the number for it in your emails and you should see when its from - that's how I know I still have two from 2014!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Same here.
    Tried again and was successful second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Signed up to shop&Scan in Feb and received my scanner and codebook last week.

Just have a few quick questions, if any of the seasoned users from S&Sc wouldn't mind answering :) (as their website FAQ is a bit vague).

On what basis are points rewarded? Do you need to submit so many barcodes and so many receipts a week?
    I uploaded approx 100 barcodes last week and 7 receipts (was restocking my cupboard!), but checked my account this am and was only allocated 60 points (!)

Do I need to wait until the end of the month before all points are tallied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ah I see. Does that figure rise dependent on how long you're on the panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

You do however get an anniversary bonus, birthday bonus and Christmas bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

L1011 wrote: »
    You do however get an anniversary bonus, birthday bonus and Christmas bonus.

Plus occasional surveys for extra points.

Advertisement